Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My nose job

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    ^Thanks!

Hey guys, here's an update pic - taken this tuesday, my nose 5 months post surgery:

Notice how the swelling has gone down.
    I'm late to this thread. Congrats on your surgery and this fantastic result!

It sounds like your bridge got the bulk of the work, but can I ask about the tip? Any reshaping or changing of the projection?

And some gross questions: any pain with sneezing, or any sinus issues or numb spots in your nose? How is your sense of smell?

^
    I'm late to this thread. Congrats on your surgery and this fantastic result!
    Thanks

It sounds like your bridge got the bulk of the work, but can I ask about the tip? Any reshaping or changing of the projection?
    Only bridge work - hump removal without breaking the nasal bone. The tip/projection/nostrils etc. are exactly the same

And some gross questions: any pain with sneezing, or any sinus issues or numb spots in your nose? How is your sense of smell?
    Why gross, lol.

No pain at all. Some minor numbness in the first 1-2 weeks but nothing serious. There is inner swelling of the septum that can last up to a year - some days it's hardly there, some days it's super swollen. Also, some small bumps appear and dissapear during the recovery process - it's normal and just swelling.

Hope I helped

There is inner swelling of the septum that can last up to a year - some days it's hardly there, some days it's super swollen.
    Thanks for answering everything!

How does the swelling feel - like a stuffed nose?

Also, some small bumps appear and dissapear during the recovery process - it's normal and just swelling.
    I've heard of these nodules forming on some people. Glad to hear they go away. I would love to get a nose job, but I think mine would involve breaking the nasal bones, though I'm more concerned about my tip.

How did you and your doc decide on this procedure of just filing?

the recovery was VERY smooth and quick.
    How long were you out of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    It only took about a week for the discomfort in the bridge to vanish, but it's been since February, and the tip is still tender to the touch.

It's funny, though, because I can literally see the swelling in the tip going down from day to day, lol, whereas the rest of it has pretty much looked the same since the first week.
    Tati, any issues with the healing of your tip beyond the sensitivity? How bad was your swelling? I've heard people note the swelling in their new tips but then point out that the swelling is still smaller than the original tip lol! I hope one day that is my situation.

How does the swelling feel - like a stuffed nose?
    Um sort of. Just more pressure on the inside.

I've heard of these nodules forming on some people. Glad to hear they go away.
    They're beneth the skin (cartilage) - so you can't really see them - but you can feel them when you touch the nose.

but I think mine would involve breaking the nasal bones, though I'm more concerned about my tip.
    No big deal.

How did you and your doc decide on this procedure of just filing?
    It was what needed My bridge was thin enough and its structure matched a hump removal with no need of breaking the bone.

How long were you out of work?
    It was during a vacation - BUT you can definitely go back to work once you get the cast off.

^ Thanks for this info!

You're welcome, glad I could help. Good luck with your surgery, if you're having one lol. Let me know!

I would love to. My insurance wouldn't cover it, from what I can see of my status. The best surgeon around here charges about $8,000 which includes the facility and the costs of the other personnel. Very steep.

Is it only for cosmetic reasons?

From the time I was around 6, I knew my nose needed to be a different shape to fit my face.

The primary reason for my wanting the nose job has always been to look better and not feel self-conscious. I was never teased or anything like that. I don't have other people's cruelty as a reason - just my own dissatisfaction. It wasn't bad enough to stop me from modeling, but I could look and feel a lot better about it. If I get the means to improve it, I sure will.

I did get bashed in the nose and get stuffed easily on that side in the middle of the night, but that problem isn't sufficient as a medical reason. It's not that bad as deviated septums go. I would be happy to get rid of it though, but the procedure would have to be billed as purely cosmetic, especially since my main concern is the tip.

Interesting story: I sent in a picture of my profile to a re-imaging person affiliated with a cosmetic surgery site some years ago. He did the re-imaging on my nose, complete with de-projection. Even my dad, who was militantly opposed to the idea of plastic surgery, suddenly saw what I meant and agreed with me once he could see what I was after.

When there is money for a luxury (for me, that's what this would be since it isn't essential, just cosmetic), I'd love to pursue it. I'd take the nose job over a trip.

^Sounds like a good reason to me.

Don't worry for your nose too much. Try not to think about it as much as you can, be patient and remember how hot you'll look in the future

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg ariesallover; from an early age i've always known my nose was wrong too, mines too big though. children are the best at aethestics! anyways, good luck with that! i agree w/ the nose job over a trip; the nose is permanent and you can go on the trip later and have more fun w/ your new nose and confidence right!

I am very very late to this thread but congrats on the surgery NHKMM, your nose looks great!

Don't worry for your nose too much. Try not to think about it as much as you can, be patient and remember how hot you'll look in the future
    I can't wait to post to you about it someday.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    omg ariesallover; from an early age i've always known my nose was wrong too, mines too big though. children are the best at aethestics! anyways, good luck with that! i agree w/ the nose job over a trip; the nose is permanent and you can go on the trip later and have more fun w/ your new nose and confidence right!
    I'm reading Survival of the Prettiest right now, which is reviewing some studies on (among plenty of other things) how responding to beauty appears to be innate based on the reactions of children and infants. Back then, I didn't have the terminology or know certain symmetries of the face. I sure do now, and I was right in what I perceived then as being off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
    I am very very late to this thread but congrats on the surgery NHKMM, your nose looks great!
    Thank you!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information