Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mole removal

one of mine was under my bra strap on my back. I just wore a little cushion band-aid over it. I swear, you'll be fine

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yay! Thanks guys for getting after me. Really, I think my problem with it is that there are SO many of them, they've built up over the years. Some of them are tiny, and the doc said he just wants to get them all in one fell swoop.

I had a tiny little one next to my belly button. It had changed a little bit over time, and even thou it was small and barely above the skin I still noticed that its outline was uneven. Just to be safe I had it removed and biopsyed and it turned out to be fine.

Well it did somewhat come back-- when it was first removed the skin where it had been was now a little bit lighter than the rest of my skin. But after a little while, a beauty mark (under the skin) developed and now its basically back except not above the skin.

It doesnt look bad or weird or anything. It just looks like a beauty mark next to my belly button instead of a mole

Mira-I just had several removed 2 weeks ago all around my bra line! They bothered me & my Dad had a melanoma so I am super careful. I must have had a dozen or so removed over the years. As long as you go to a BOARD CERTIFIED DERMOTOLGIST you will be fine. Do not let a G.P. do it-they think they know, but only study skin 3 months. They are not in the same league!They always biopsy because they know, but can't be 100% without tests. The tiny scars you are left with are nothing! So go! You will be glad. OH! The bra line ones really didn't hurt & just to be sure I used a tiny bit of gause over polysporin salve.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bronze Member

has anyone here had their mole removed by laser? If so, what do you think of the results?

Eli

OK I know this is a little gross, but I have more moles than anyone I know who isn't a ginger. I have 5 in a cluster on my right hand which I hide with my life around anyone, one on my face which I CAN live with but would prefer not to, a gigantic one that I've gotten from my Dad and his mum which in on my right shin, one of my left calf muscle, a huge orangey one on my left arm and about a dozen of those normal ones that everyone has.
    I really want to get them removed by I know there's no way in hell a doctor would allow it. At least not that many, anyway. They're really embarrassing if you ask me. But not really that obvious.

I think it's more important to remove it and have it biopsied than to worry about leaving a little scar

Eli

Yes, I agree.
    Besides, scars are sooooooooooooo hot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information