Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mole removal

Have you had it checked out? Obviously you need to check that but if all is well, is it the physical look that upsets you?

Because you know it never stopped Cindy Crawford. Love who you are.

I would have it looked at by a Dermatologist and not just your family doctor. If it is something that has to be removed for medical reasons, then a Dermatologist will more than likely consult or send you to a Plastic Surgeon to minimize scarring.
    So you hate your job? There's a support group for that....It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Zee

Talk to your doctor about your concerns. It may not be an issue.

I've had several moles removed from around my mouth. My scars are barely noticeable. In normal lighting they are not visible. When I am cold, the scars are slightly lighter than the rest of my face.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I have no advice, sorry, but just wanted to say that I LOVE your screen name. Made me smile...and I kept saying it over and over. Hip Hip Renee! Cute as hell!

Well that stinks...I had several mole/freckles removed from my face, and they all came back. I hate to hear about the higher cancer rate. Is that for sure, or just hearsay?

Bronze Member

Default more mole stuff

Hey, I actually LIKE my mole. I don't want to get rid of it unless i have to. I don't have a professional opinion yet, by I noticed the borders were bad and then my sister , who is a nurse (and a know-it-all, haha), also noticed that it wasn't looking good. Not that bad, mind you, but not as good as a few years ago.
    Well, sounds like I need to get it checked out by a dermatologist and the work done by a plactic surgeon. Unless someone has something else that worked ?
    BTW, thanks for the compliment about my screen name. Hip Hip Renee to you! hehe

-Renee

The dermatologist could probably remove the mole for you. I had a birthmark removed by my dermatologist and he did it in his office. I actually liked the birthmark and thought it was kind of sexy, but the dermo said it had to go. Getting moles and birthmarks removed is no big deal, and people have it done all the time.

I'm very fair and have several moles. Went to the dermo and she said none of them looked suspicious, but we could remove up to two of them every year (insurance purposes) and have them checked just to be safe (and of course, for cosmetic reasons). I had one removed on my back that was right at the area of my bra clasp, so it annoyed me quite a bit. The other was on my chest. It wasn't huge, but it was just ugly. You could see it if I wore v-necks and I didn't like it I swear, the whole process took maybe 15 minutes. The part that hurt the most was the numbing needle they stuck into the area surrounding each mole. And it wasn't that bad at all. Then, she cut the moles off, put a little circle band-aid on it and I was on my way. This was about 18 months ago. The first 6 - 8 months, the scar was slighty more pink than the rest of my skin. Now, the one on my chest is just a tad bit darker than my skin and I can't see the one on my back at all. The dermo told me the one on my chest looks like it got a little darker from getting some sun (I had it removed in the summer) so, make sure to put lot's of sunscreen on the area. Still, I'm getting two more removed. I'm really happy with the results.

Bronze Member

Default get it romoved...u wont regret it...my happy story :)

For all my life i had a small mole on my nose. Nobody ever said anything and not to be conceited but im a pretty girl. But as i live in florida, im exposed to a lot of sun which over time darkened my mole rather quickly. I then decided to look up mole removal...i have seen such things as using garlic and a needle to remove a mole...i thought that was just obsurd! So i decided to just take a chance and get it surgically removed. I heard many rumors and read many forums about people saying the scar is horrible and dont do it. But i thought to myself...i can cover a scar with makeup...i cant do that to a big black mole. So just a month and half ago exactly i got the mole on my nose surgically removed. I LOVE THE OUTCOME!!! I am no longer wondering if the person talking to me is looking at my mole. It costed $300 and i actually went to a cosmetic surgeon...i heard thats the way to do it. I dont know if i just got lucky or what but the scar is very very very minimal...i dont even notice it after a month and a half! I got 3-4 stitches- he says he used the thinnest thread- mayb that helped. either way, i wish i woulda done it sooner...im 21 years old and a lot more confident. if you have any ?'s about the procedure that didnt hurt at all! please email me at myspace0123@yahoo.com...i can even show u pics...ps i went to work the next day...at a nightclub...no one even noticed the stitches...email me put mole ? in the subject
    good luck
    christina

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i need some done on my chest which is a sensitive area so im scared of scarring

^^Alice, one of the one's that I had removed was on my chest. It is the faintest of scars. It's not raised or anything. Just a little bit darker than the rest of my skin. So much better than an ugly mole.

i just got one removed from above my eyebrow. it was 3 weeks ago and already the line is really faint. i was also scared i'd have a scar but i really hated the mole, it was raised and sort of flesh coloured and bumpy and not pretty. luckily it was pretty much covered up by bangs but still, i was sick of it. i agree with all those that said to have it done by a cosmetic surgeon, that's what i did and it turned out fine.

i've also never heard of moles growing back, unless the doctor doesn't go in deep enough and remove the whole thing (some moles go pretty deep).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^Alice, one of the one's that I had removed was on my chest. It is the faintest of scars. It's not raised or anything. Just a little bit darker than the rest of my skin. So much better than an ugly mole.
    oh thanks! yeah, i dont think they're sexy; i hate mine so...thnx for the input!!

Quote Originally Posted by sexylover0017 View Post
    For all my life i had a small mole on my nose. Nobody ever said anything and not to be conceited but im a pretty girl. But as i live in florida, im exposed to a lot of sun which over time darkened my mole rather quickly. I then decided to look up mole removal...i have seen such things as using garlic and a needle to remove a mole...i thought that was just obsurd! So i decided to just take a chance and get it surgically removed. I heard many rumors and read many forums about people saying the scar is horrible and dont do it. But i thought to myself...i can cover a scar with makeup...i cant do that to a big black mole. So just a month and half ago exactly i got the mole on my nose surgically removed. I LOVE THE OUTCOME!!! I am no longer wondering if the person talking to me is looking at my mole. It costed $300 and i actually went to a cosmetic surgeon...i heard thats the way to do it. I dont know if i just got lucky or what but the scar is very very very minimal...i dont even notice it after a month and a half! I got 3-4 stitches- he says he used the thinnest thread- mayb that helped. either way, i wish i woulda done it sooner...im 21 years old and a lot more confident. if you have any ?'s about the procedure that didnt hurt at all! please email me at myspace0123@yahoo.com...i can even show u pics...ps i went to work the next day...at a nightclub...no one even noticed the stitches...email me put mole ? in the subject
    good luck
    christina
    Reading on another board and saw something I thought I'd seen before and sure enough, here it is. Word for word. Creepy.

The Life Extension Foundation Forums

and another one:
    Mole Removal - Topic Powered by eve community

All posted on the same day.

Probably a good idea not to e-mail this person. Fishy.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

the mole i removed myself with some tooth floss and duct tape looks a lot better than the one i got done for $250.00 by the doctor! so watevs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information