Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mineral Makeup input

Quote Originally Posted by Green-eyed-hottie View Post
    I did. Those girls already have flawless skin- they don't need makup....
    this may be true, but it is the technique that matters, not whether or not the person applying it has or doesnt have good skin.

there are also instructional videos on the bareminerals official website as well as sephoras website.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    We have a thread going specifically about the Bare Escentuals line. I use that brand, and I love it.

Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?
    I love it too! I'm preg and was getting horrible zits from all the cake like makeups. I read in my preg magazine to try bare escentuals. I did and I'm hooked forever. It looks fab and has cleared my skin up.

Yeah I love Bare Essentuals, it really is so natural looking and very light. Also it takes me about 5 minutes to apply which is nice when on the go. That Skin Rever-Upper stuff before you apply the powder made my face break out in a rash, but since then I haven't used it and I've been ok. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a lot of time for makeup and someone who doesn't want that heavy cake feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I've only tried the kind by Avon (I normally like their products) and it made me look like I had wrinkles.

I prefer tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation over moisturizer, then a little pressed powder on the shiny areas.

anyone ever hear of young blood mineral cosmetics. I love it. very light and natural looking.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

I use Almay Mineral Foundation and I love it. Less breakouts as a result. I love the container it comes in, you can just throw it in yr bag.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I bought the Physician's Formula mineral loose powder, and I'm not happy with it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I bought the Physician's Formula mineral loose powder, and I'm not happy with it.
    I mentioned up thread that I used this several months ago, but I finally had to abandon it. The color selection is very limited and too yellow and dark for me. The coverage was good, but it could get too thick and heavy in a hurry.

I'm back on the liquid + pressed powder train again, which is fine - it serves me well.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I guess what I'm wondering, is if anyone else who has used it thought it looked as unnatural as I did. I just don't get how people cannot think this stuff looks heavy. Is there a trick I don't know about? I worked at a cosmetics counter for 5 years, so I know about makeup application. I just don't get why it seems so different for me. My skin is normal/combo, not excessively dry or oily, so what gives?
    I know exactly what you mean! Even make-up artists usually swear by mineral make-up, but the way it 'sat' on my skin always looked caked and disappointingly fake - no matter how expensive the brand. However, Maybelline recently launched Pure Foundation Mineral in the UK and, whether it's the formulation, the brush or the colours, I've finally found one that works for me. The brush is a buffer rather than the usual flat or domed shape, so you have to work it into your skin rather than simply brushing it on. Of course, maybe it works because I've finally found a perfect shade. Or perhaps it's the particle size - or my pore size! Whatever. I've finally become a convert - and at a bargain price.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

I've used the drug store mineral make up (Physicians Formula) and the real deal and to be honest even with the real deal I don't feel that I can give up my liquid make up, particularly for under my eyes. I just don't feel like the powder is enough? I do think the Bare Minerals stuff LOOKS better than the Physicians Formula stuff I had and I think it feels lighter. I've also noticed that my skin has improved since now I'm only putting liquid conceler under my eyes and using the powder everywhere else. Do I think Bare Minerals amazing stuff and that everyone should use it? No, but I'll probably continue to buy/use it.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

LOL! Crumpet, I bought bare esentials due to recomendations of friends (I have both dry skin & rosea), and I find it hard to get enough coverage sometimes, but I've been wearing it for a number of months now and will never go back to "normal" foundation. I do use it sometimes as a concialler.
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information