Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men you know - their beauty regimen

^I just checked, and I currently have shower fresh scent, and oddly enough it used to say "for women" which is why I thought it funny that he used it, but it no longer says that.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I've heard of degree but never used it.

Are there certain scents, like in antiperspirant, that would be considered unisex? I.E. - not a male type of scent or a female type of scent?
    Several, just get unscented. You usually have a choice and I never get scented.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

lemme see... he buys whatever shampoo looks more interesting on the shelf with a preference for Pantene. It's funny the type of shampoos he has bought over the years since he doesn't understand Greek. One day I saw he had bought a shampoo for "perfect curls" another time for "brilliant colour" and so on.

He uses hair gel but I've never really noticed the brand. Don't think he's loyal to one. Probably Fructis more often but might be something else.

Axe body spray/deodorant thingy. I could never deal with any person who doesn't use deodorant (unless they were some freak who didn't smell at all, I guess). I knew a girl who thought it caused cancer and even though she showered often and did stuff like use lemon juice on her pits she stank to high heaven, esp. in the summer.

Gilette foam for sensitive skin (I think). Don't think he shaves daily but at least 3 times a week for sure. Wouldn't be caught dead with face cream, moisturiser or anything of the sort. Some Aloe Vera for dry skin is as far as it goes.

Only gets haircuts once he really starts to look like he should be in an emo band and I'm pretty sure he's never gotten a mani pedi in his life and is not about to start.

I don't think I could ever be with a metrosexual but on the other hand, I'm not much for beauty regimes myself (gah, forgot to pack my hairbrush for my latest trip!) so I don't think a metro would want to date me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    lemme see... he buys whatever shampoo looks more interesting on the shelf with a preference for Pantene. It's funny the type of shampoos he has bought over the years since he doesn't understand Greek. One day I saw he had bought a shampoo for "perfect curls" another time for "brilliant colour" and so on.

Hubby doesn't read labels either. He likes it when the shampoo bottles and deodorant cans look all scientific and technical.

He also buys groceries all the time that we don't eat, tuna bruscetta, yogurt with gelatine. I'm like, honey read the label. He goes, read what?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post

i'm pretty sure my brothers do that, even when they speak the language, whenever they're buying anything. asking them to buy specific food items is just asking for trouble, you never know what they'll come back with.

speaking of my brothers, 2 of them are gross. they shared a bathroom and my mother discovered that, if they ran out of soap or shampoo, they wouldn't tell her, they'd just keep showering. with just water. so now she has to check that bathroom all the time to make sure there's soap. although the youngest has now left home for university so chances are, he's over there showering with just water because the soap and shampoo he bought when he first arrived ran out and he hasn't bought any. they do use deodorant but i don't know how much it helps if you're just washing with water.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 22nd, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My husband is so metro, and yeah sometimes it gets a little old. It probably has to do with being a product of British boarding school and the fact he has the most ridiculous head of hair ever....it's so thick that he must gel and tame it every day or else look like some unholy hybrid of Ted Kaczinski and Edward in Twilight. Oh, and he swears by Cetaphil for his extremely sensitive skin, so score a point for Grimm.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

My naturally blonde fiance has been using my $40 Aveda Black Malva shampoo(for dark hair) because he "ran out" of the .99 special that he picks up at CVS. He uses dove soap, and Oxy face wash(I had to convince him that a medicated face wash would be best) He slaps on some CVS brand lotion on his still sopping wet face, and calls it a day. Of course he's adorable, while I have to work to look this cute!
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

What does the Black Malva do for his blonde hair? I used to love all Aveda stuff.

She is such a useless shit stain on the panties of humanity~Bitter's awesome description of K.K

It doesn't do anything to it, he just forgets to buy shampoo.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    These men don't shave or use soap? Even simple needs men need soap.

Grimm, stop using Cetaphil. It's facial sludge. Use gel or cream based cleanser by Aveeno or Neutrogena.
    Erm... Mine tends to use soap powder or vanish on the bits that stick out (ie hands /face/head) & the soap that I buy...

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    ^I just checked, and I currently have shower fresh scent, and oddly enough it used to say "for women" which is why I thought it funny that he used it, but it no longer says that.
    I think that it's probably the closest when he sticks his hand out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post

Hubby doesn't read labels either. He likes it when the shampoo bottles and deodorant cans look all scientific and technical.

He also buys groceries all the time that we don't eat, tuna bruscetta, yogurt with gelatine. I'm like, honey read the label. He goes, read what?
    I'm so jellus that you can get him in a supermarket!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    My husband is so metro, and yeah sometimes it gets a little old. It probably has to do with being a product of British boarding school and the fact he has the most ridiculous head of hair ever....it's so thick that he must gel and tame it every day or else look like some unholy hybrid of Ted Kaczinski and Edward in Twilight. Oh, and he swears by Cetaphil for his extremely sensitive skin, so score a point for Grimm.
    nope, it's nothing to do with that, I've dated various types who've gone to different boarding school & they all vary.

So... MrN uses whatever is provided for him in the bathroom, tbh I'm wondering what I'm supposed to get out of this relationship... Since I seem to do everything around the house. If my stuff is closer he uses it, however, he has shown a preference for LUSH soap, Carmen Miranda fruity soap in particular (well he's requested that one over the rest). He uses vanish/soap powder on his hands/face as necessary, head & shoulders shampoo, whatever conditioner I'm using if he wants it, Lush soap for preference. He shaves a couple of times a week, the engine oil & shaving doesn't mix. Deodrent as provided, Jean Paul Gaultier aftershave (when he wears it) that one if his clients gave him because he liked the smell (WTF?).... Have I forgotten anything?

My s/o is definitely not a metro looking man, but he takes care of his skin and hygiene.

Hair... he's going bald, so he keeps it really, really short. He just uses the Vichy hair/body wash in the shower. But then uses bar soap (whatever we happen to pick up on sale) on his arm pits.

Face... Biotherm Homme. He likes the T-Pur for his occasional acne, but I'm trying to get him to use something else because it is dehydrating his skin. If he runs out, he'll use something of mine.

Moisturizer... Right now he has Clinique, but he quite often uses something from the Biotherm Homme line. If he's out of his stuff, he'll ask if I have something he can use that's suitable for him.

Deodorant... I think he just picks up whatever is on sale, but probably prefers Gilette. I don't pay a lot of attention to that, but I know he likes the gel stuff.

Cologne... whatever he feels like that day. He has Givenchy Play, Givenchy Play summer, some Burberry, Armani, Joop, ummm.... some other stuff that I can't think of right now...

When he shaves, he uses Biotherm Homme shaving foam. He likes to keep a short beard, so he normally just trims it. He only completely shaves when he has to for work.

His older sister has worked in cosmetics for nearly 2 decades, so he grew up with skincare being drilled into his head. Most of his products have come from her or myself (I also worked in cosmetics).

My husband has to go in a business suit to work everyday. He HATES buying clothes so when we do get him new suits every few years, they're usually from Nordstrom.

His beauty regime:

5-7 minute shower. He uses Axe anti-dandruff shampoo. Ivory soap (seriously, ever since I've known him). Dries off. Brushes teeth (Crest brand). Mouthwash (Listerine Cool Mint). Deodorant: Axe (can't remember scent, I buy that so he wears the fragrance I like (never complains). Brushes hair for about 2 seconds ... his hair is short and business like and he's got a small bald spot coming in that he is DEVASTATED over. No hair products. Shave: Whatever Mach razor is out at the moment. Shave gel: Mach gel for sensitive skin. I think that's pretty much it. At least he looks sexy in his business suits.

Bronze Member

I am a guy and I think that a man must be MANLY all the time, but doesn't really have to smell like a trash can.

2. Only a ridiculous man will run buying off anything and applying it on himself at the end of the day.

3. I think being hygienic is very important for a person who usually works out, plays sports and goes to work in order to get accepted by the society, unless everyone turns to zombies.

No offence by any means, but I think men must look after theirselves for some time.
    Because, trust me... I would never want to walk past by a person who showers with only water.

Common sense, it's filthy and gross.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information