Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Matted Hair :(

Sending you positive thoughts your way, gardenwitch. I'm really sorry. *hugs*

Like everyone's said, please see another doctor. I know it's probably easy to put that off, but you can't. You have to do it today.

And when things calm down, report the doctor. He has no business treating people.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Like everyone else, I encourage you to seek a second opinion. I can't imagine all of the stress and desperation you must be feeling but you do have options and you are worth the hassle and pain of pursuing them. Hugs to you and yours.

Fuck your fiancée with a sideways pineapple What a piece-of-shit excuse for a man.

Both the first doctor and the first ob-gyn were incompetent; sounds like they haven't read a medical journal since they graduated medical school (sometime in the Jurassic age, I'll bet). You need a fresh new general practioner - ASAP. Walk in there and demand a hysterectomy; they can "study and man-chat" about the peculiarities of your lady parts once it's all removed.

And then you can deal with the arse-wipe "fiancée"...
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

My god Gardenwitch, this is awful.

I don't know what the current treatment is for endometriosis, but a friend of mine had it years ago, and they would have to scrape it out of her. She'd then get shots of Depro-vera (sp) to keep it from returning. It still returned, repeatedly so she had a hysterectomy. My point being, surgery one way or another is in order.

Please, please, get to a better doctor. A major medical center would be even better. Call in the troops, whomever they are. Friends, relatives, pastor, long lost cousins and get them to help with the kids, meals, laundry, whatever while you spend all of your time finding treatment.

I hope you feel better soon.

Listen,get to a OB/GYN oncologist quick. Take charge, the doctors seem like they are dealing with something above their alledged heads. PLEASE. You family history alone is enough to warrent this. This watch it shit is for the birds only. I swear to you my aunt had a breast lump they "watched" until she died. Her daughter 20 years later has an oviarian cyst they watched for over a year. By the time she got in she had advanced cancer and went from diagnosos to death in 2 friggin months. YES. Time is flying so don't put this off,I mean go NOW.
    I want you to get this behind you and buy a gun. Take lessons, Then shoot the balls off your fiancee. He won't miss them, he never uses them anyway and I would feel much better. We will give you an alibi.
    Kat Scorp, Sleuth, stef and 2 others like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

so sorry you have to go through this gardenwitch, but PLEASE listen to mcjag and call a new doctor immediately!
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Update? Gardenwitch, I'm so sorry about all this shit hitting the fan. Take control ... call your insurance co. if you need to and get to a better doctor, don't take no for an answer on all this "waiting around, not sure" bullshit." At least, you'll know you're doing all you can to be proactive. Can your mom help out? Is there a teaching hospital anywhere in the region? You might find some info here --
    Get Help | Online Cancer Support | LIVESTRONG.org
    Find More Resources | Get Help | LIVESTRONG.org
    Lance Armstrong is a douche, but the foundation has really helped a ton of people go thru the process if in fact you do have cancer. Let us know how you're doing!!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Update?? How are you doing, Gardenwitch?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

still no update?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Sorry! I didn't know there were replies!

So the Update is: I did switch doctors. She is FANTASTIC! After she looked over the notes from the previous doctor & looking at the pictures from the surgery, then talking with me, she was MAD. She said that the previous doctor should of done a few different things during the surgery that HAVE to be done for insurance purposes. She kept apologizing over & over again for the other doctors incompetency.

So I had to have another procedure.....and it's Uterine Cancer. They do not think it has spread past the Uterus which I'm glad about. I find out hopefully tomorrow, when I go in to have a Radical Hysterectomy and whatever else needed.
    I have not been around because I was feeling sorry for myself and didn't talk to anyone or do anything that dealt with people.

It took longer to get things figured out because I kept ignoring it. It's not gonna go away. So I need to get it taken out and be done with it.

Sorry I am not more detailed about things, I am getting kind of numb to it, so I kinda just speed through the info when I do say anything about it to anyone. I just am kinda exhausted and pissed at the same time about it all, so I try to not think about it.

One positive about it all is my attitude towards a lot of things have changed for the better(in my opinion). It's basically that I just don't give a fuck. It's very freeing. I really truly don't care if I offend people when I speak my mind. Oh, and I now don't give a shit if the pearl clutchers in my life know I smoke Reefer at night!
    I am going to stay on top of everything, and get it all taken care of so I can keep on going with my new found attitude adjustment.
    I will try my best to keep updating this, sorry I didn't check sooner!
    Thanks for all the best wishes and great advice!!

They really need to legalize Marijuana in NYS soon. Did you know that different strains affect you very differently? I did not know there was SUCH a HUGE variety! I always seem to get the kind that makes pain go away, gets me Philosophical, then hungry, then really needing to re-watch EVERY SINGLE movie I've ever seen in my past pre-weed. I'm on to '80s Comedies. Last week was Superheros & action movies. What a difference!

Anyway, thanks again! YOU GUYS ROCK!
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Yea for you. You took control. This sounds promising. I am proud of you-you are terrific.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

GW - you need to file a complaint against the original doctor with the medical board. you do not want someone else having him as a doctor and possibly not having the good fortune to see someone else.

i'm sorry about what you are going through but proud you've taken the steps you have!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thanks again everyone!!

So I went to talk with the doctor yesterday. It has not spread to my Lymph nodes which is good! My surgery is scheduled to happen in 3 weeks. It would of been sooner, but of course I am sick with something at the moment. So I have to go on antibiotics for a week 1st. Right now she is planning on doing a radical hysterectomy, and while in there, going to burn/scrap off the Endometriosis that she said is extensive. I wasn't really concerned about that and actually forgot that they found that as well. She said that's probably why I'm having so many issues. She showed me the pictures of my other organs, and...Eww. lol

I thanked her again, and told her that the other doctor told me the ONLY way to get rid of the endo was to go on some $2000 a month shot. But I read online about other ways to remove it, and he was not in agreement.
    Then she made me kinda giggle, She is in the same practice as him, well the only OBGYN practice in this town. 1st she tried to be professional and explain the different views that different doctors have. Midway through she stopped and said, "Ya know what? Dr. N is almost 70 years old. He has the worst bedside manner, and can be stuck in his ways. We have tried to reason with him, and have discussions with him about this. I am sorry you had to experience his insensitivity 1st hand."
    Then she told me that the surgery requires 2 doctors in the operating room and said that Dr. N might be the only available within the next few weeks. She asked if it was ok if he was the 2nd doctor. I told her as long as she was the one in charge and making all the decisions I don't really care cause I'll be knocked out. I told her it was whatever she was comfortable with. So she replied, "Ok then. Let's make sure to schedule it with the other doctor. Dr. N talks to much during surgery."

So I am pretty happy about everything so far. I will be in the hospital for a minimum of 3 days, because it will be abdominal surgery.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with this type of surgery? I have only had a few different Laparoscopies(Exploratory the most recent, previously had my tubes tied, 2 years ago had my Gall Bladder removed).
    But I never had full on "Abdominal" surgery. Anyone have any good advice for me?

Thanks again!! You guys are AWESOME!!

ETA: How do I change the title to this thread? Since my hair is not Matted like a dog anymore I cut most of it off
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Just go with the flow here. I like this doctor very much. You are going to feel so much better afterwards!
    I was with my sister when she had her surgery & the only thing I remember is that you have to deep breath afterwards, that makes you cough(a good thing!) I recall if you hold your pillow against your tummy when you cough, it is far less painful.
    That is all!

Aww, sweetie. I'm glad you're getting everything taken care of. You've been through a lot. Big hugs to you

As for abdominal surgery, I had a c-section. A little different from what you're having, but a type of abdominal surgery for sure I was up and walking the morning after the surgery. Only short little walks. Limited use of stairs, no heavy lifting or deep bending, no exercise, etc. Honestly, I was in very little pain. Of course, of was on a good pain killer but I really wasn't even uncomfortable.

Keep us posted

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information