Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mary Kay

My friend sold Arbonne for a while (like the Mary Kay pyramid). OMG, she got really pushy and was emailing me for all my friend's email address and phone numbers! I got a group of my friends to have a party to help her out since we were close friends, and then she just ended up harassing me for my mother in law's phone number too! She had never even met my MIL and I finally had to tell her to knock it off because I didn't want my family members harassed about Arbonne!

She got caught up in the whole scheme, talking about how she was going to get a convertible Mercedes by selling X amount of products. Saying how she would retire in 5 years, how she was planning to make $10,000 a month in income!

She ended up buying $5,000 worth of product and arranging baskets to sell. She didn't sell $1 worth and had to ship it all back to the company. She was credited for the product, but paid $500 for shipping. Her husband was pissed about how much money they were losing.

She quit after that. In 6 months of trying to sell Arbonne she never made a profit.

Elite Member

I wish they'd just sell this stuff over the internet or in a regular store. Some of these products are really things I'd be interested in but I don't like how you can only get them through a rep.

Silpada jewelry
    Pure romance
    Southern Living at Home
    Pampered Chef

It all looks great, but I don't have time to go to all these parties, and they're only held once in a blue moon, so how do you get the stuff if you're not invited?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    She got caught up in the whole scheme, talking about how she was going to get a convertible Mercedes by selling X amount of products. Saying how she would retire in 5 years, how she was planning to make $10,000 a month in income!
    It's funny that you mention the Mercedes, as my girlfriend that's doing the Arbonne thing sent us all out a letter, and it mentioned how someone she knows is selling Arbonne, and is now driving a Mercedes.

My other girlfriends and I were laughing, as it seemed like a form letter, and our girlfriend already does drive a Mercedes, so I don't know why that would have been such a big deal.

But now I get it, it must be mentioned in the Arbonne literature, that they give to the sales people.

We were burning up the telephone when we got these letters, making Amway and cult jokes.....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    So yesterday I was diagnosed with blepharitis - an infection of the eyelids. The eye doctor asked me if I used any eye makeup recently and I told her I used mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow about 4 days prior. I only wear eye makeup occasionally. She said this infection is almost always caused by makeup going bad, especially mascara. The doctor said to throw out all off my eye makeup because now things may be cross-contaminated. My friend started selling Mary Kay recently and I bought several hundred dollars worth of products from her over the last few months. I bought the mascara as recently as 2 months ago.

I told my friend today who sold me the Mary Kay makeup about my eye infection and she was so defensive about the situtation. She said that I must have picked up the infection from somewhere else, not her products, but then I contaminated the makeup. She was angry that the doctor implicated the makeup as the reason for my infection and actually questioned her judgement. I asked her to check with the medical staff at Mary Kay to see what their take was on it and she said it would have to wait until next week because she is going away and can't get to it. But you can bet if I wanted to buy something from her she'd have the time to see me between now and then. So now I'm out several hundreds of dollars for all the makeup I have to throw out and paid for the eye doctor on top. I was really disappointed at her reaction, and how blindly she defended the company. They really have her programmed.
    I'm sorry you're going through that.
    It sounds to me like she isn't much of a friend~ so since you have nothing to lose, maybe you should point out how much money you spent buying her makeup, and you don't appreciate her blowing you off like this. BTW, I would bet money that she has no intention of sending your products to the MK Doctors, since she most likely has no clue who they are or how to reach them. Sad to say, but MK sales women tend to be extremely brain washed, so she's probably looking at you like lost money, instead of a friend, because she knows you won't be buying those products anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    My friend sold Arbonne for a while (like the Mary Kay pyramid). OMG, she got really pushy and was emailing me for all my friend's email address and phone numbers! I got a group of my friends to have a party to help her out since we were close friends, and then she just ended up harassing me for my mother in law's phone number too! She had never even met my MIL and I finally had to tell her to knock it off because I didn't want my family members harassed about Arbonne!

She ended up buying $5,000 worth of product and arranging baskets to sell. She didn't sell $1 worth and had to ship it all back to the company. She was credited for the product, but paid $500 for shipping. Her husband was pissed about how much money they were losing.

She quit after that. In 6 months of trying to sell Arbonne she never made a profit.
    If all she lost was $500, she should consider herself lucky. It's not unusual for women to lose thousands and thousands of dollars in businesses like this. The reason they don't sell in department stores is because the company makes more money by charging their salespeople upfront and eliminating the middle man. They don't give a damn if anyone sells their products or not, because they go by their wholesale numbers. In the future, I'll be avoiding these women like the plague.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    So yesterday I was diagnosed with blepharitis - an infection of the eyelids. The eye doctor asked me if I used any eye makeup recently and I told her I used mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow about 4 days prior. I only wear eye makeup occasionally. She said this infection is almost always caused by makeup going bad, especially mascara. The doctor said to throw out all off my eye makeup because now things may be cross-contaminated. My friend started selling Mary Kay recently and I bought several hundred dollars worth of products from her over the last few months. I bought the mascara as recently as 2 months ago.

I told my friend today who sold me the Mary Kay makeup about my eye infection and she was so defensive about the situtation. She said that I must have picked up the infection from somewhere else, not her products, but then I contaminated the makeup. She was angry that the doctor implicated the makeup as the reason for my infection and actually questioned her judgement. I asked her to check with the medical staff at Mary Kay to see what their take was on it and she said it would have to wait until next week because she is going away and can't get to it. But you can bet if I wanted to buy something from her she'd have the time to see me between now and then. So now I'm out several hundreds of dollars for all the makeup I have to throw out and paid for the eye doctor on top. I was really disappointed at her reaction, and how blindly she defended the company. They really have her programmed.
    If you still have the receipt, I would contact customer service from MK online and request a refund. I would tell them I could get a statement from a physician stating that the products caused this and all you want is a refund. Your friend should have handled this for you and the lady I buy from would have. They changed their eye cream formula a few years ago and I suddenly had allergic reactions to it. I had just bought a tube of the stuff and my rep refunded my money.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information