Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lipstick colour?

Gold Member

I have very fair skin and i'm dying to find the perfect red lipstick. I don't want to spend money on finding one, yet I don't want to try them out at a cosmetic counter due to the fact that you don't know who of what has been there before. Any shades you recomend by certain brands. And note to everyone i'm a college student making min. wage, so anything pricey is a no. I stick to brands like CoverGirl or Maybelline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    I have very fair skin and i'm dying to find the perfect red lipstick. I don't want to spend money on finding one, yet I don't want to try them out at a cosmetic counter due to the fact that you don't know who of what has been there before. Any shades you recomend by certain brands. And note to everyone i'm a college student making min. wage, so anything pricey is a no. I stick to brands like CoverGirl or Maybelline.
    Cover Girl has one called Fire Shine in their TruShine line. It looks like it's an orange-based red (which is why I haven't tried it. I can't wear orange-y reds). There also is one called Valentine Shine in that line that looks like it might a deeper blue-red that I want to try.

Revlon has a shade called Blackberry in its Super Lustrous line that is (surprisingly) a dark red. It's a *very* intense color, but if you can pull off a strong red lip, it's a great, matte color.
    Last edited by birdmadgirl; November 13th, 2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Reds and pinks

Elizabeth Arden
    Soft Red
    Autumn

Clinique
    Dubonet
    Deep Red (lip liner)
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    If you're cool toned, try Cover Girl lipstick in 'Classic Red.' If you're neutral or warm toned, go with their 'Really Red.'

If you're not sure which you are, look at the veins in your wrist. If they look blue, you're cooler, and if they look sort of greenish, you're warmer. Plus, warm folks have more yellow tones in their skin, cool have more pink or red.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Reds and pinks here too. Although this summer when I was self-tanning my face I did use a coral gloss that was flattering. This fall, I am either wearing Chanel Red, Chanel Pink (wonderfully obnoxious on pale skin) or MAC Viva Glam V or Brew. The Brew is almost a mod look but it photographs well on me.

I don't wear lipsticks.

My lips have good colour so I just use chapsticks or a bit of moisturiser.

I put the effort in making up towards my eyes.
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by birdmadgirl View Post
    Cover Girl has one called Fire Shine in their TruShine line. It looks like it's an orange-based red (which is why I haven't tried it. I can't wear orange-y reds). There also is one called Valentine Shine in that line that looks like it might a deeper blue-red that I want to try.

Revlon has a shade called Blackberry in its Super Lustrous line that is (surprisingly) a dark red. It's a *very* intense color, but if you can pull off a strong red lip, it's a great, matte color.
    I've used Blackberry with soft red liner, but it doesn't stay on long enough for me. Nice colour, tho.

And I love Autumn for an everyday red that's subtle but very pretty.

I think Revlon's Blackberry used to be called Vixen a thousand years ago. If so, I STILL have a tube somewhere in my bathroom.

I never had much occasion to wear it, but I did love the color.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information