Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lip gloss

Bronze Member

I have this strange problem with lipgloss...it seems like no matter what brand or shade I try, it ALWAYS makes my lips look pink! I have a lot of pink undertones in my skin, so that may be why. I have the same problem with lipstick, but luckily I've been able to find a few that work. Lipgloss, on the other hand, I'm still working on. Anyone else have that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet View Post
    My favorite gloss is still Dr Pepper- lip smackers by Bonne Bell. Kitschy but will always have somebody ask what gloss I am wearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Hell yeah; Dr Pepper Lip Smacker is the best.
    Another vote for Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker! I keep one in my purse all the time.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Lip Formulush | Plumps up your lips with a sassy sensation

This shit rules. My fave is Bellini and Plum Crazy.
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Another vote for Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker! I keep one in my purse all the time.
    I am now a believer. I bought one today and am madly in love. Not so much for the color, but my lips are sooooooooooooooooo soft. All I want to do is smooch. I am now going to stock up. God help me if they ever discontinue it. It was only $1.65 at Rite Aid. Thank you ladies for turning me on to it.

I also like the Versace lipgloss. The one in the missle shaped applicator. So good. Longlasting and just fabulous!!!
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Hey, girls, now that summer is around the corner, I was interested in getting some lip gloss. Any good ones you recommend? I've tried one from Lancome once before and it was too sticky. Then I tried another sample one I got from M.A.C. and I didn't like it. After an hour it totally ran outside my lipline. I'd like maybe one clear gloss and two slightly tinted ones...I hear Victoria's Secret has some nice ones. Any suggestions
    Great gloss with SPF 15 is Revlon Super Lustrous glosses. Medium thick consistency with good pigment, high shine, some glitter. I'm not a huge fan of the sparkle, but it's not over the top and I will overlook it because of the SPF factor. Very slight vanilla smell. I hate vanilla with a blood red passion and even I can stand it.

Great clear gloss is M.A.C Lipglass, however, be forewarned, it is incredibly sticky, but it has great staying power. If the wind blows, your hair will stick in your gloss.

L'Oreal Colour Juice tubes have good pigment and medium stickiness level. Shine is not as amazing as some others, but staying power is pretty good. Fruity smell. As far as I can tell, they are essentially the same as Lancome Juicy Tubes for a fraction of the cost.

Another one I like is Rimmel Vinyl Lip. It doesn't have as much shine and it smells intensely like an orange Flintstone vitamin, but the pigment is exactly what I want.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lancome Juicy Tubes ...simply love it

Okay, I must be a cheapskate. It's not really lipgloss but it's my absolute favorite. Target in my area just recently started carrying Boots cosmetics. They have a sheer lipstick that goes on like a gloss and has great staying power. Not sticky and makes my lips really soft. It's got that glossy shine to it. I'm going to end up buying them all because I love them so much.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I wear Mary Kay lipgloss and really like it. I use beach bronze and sweet raisin. They stay on pretty well. I put a bit of lip liner underneath if I need a lot of staying power.

http://http://www.marykay.com/color/...s/default.aspx

I love these. They are a little sticky but very sparkly and glossy. They seem to light up my face a little.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

I love Rimmel lip glosses. I've gone through tons of the one called "Snog." They are inexpensive and have pretty decent staying power.

I like the Lancome Juicy Tubes. I wish we still had Boots products in Canada. I'd be all over them.

PB, I'm just now seeing Boots in Shoppers Drug Mart here. It's one of the new lines they're carrying (along with Smashbox and Benefit), so you may be able to find them again soon.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I love the Clinique ones, I have many of the Glosswear for lips and also my newest favortie from them Impossibly Glossy gloss, really good stuff and not bad priced at about $13 bucks a peice.

DuWop Lip Venom 2nd Cin
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information