Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laser Hair Removal: My Log

Default Re: Laser Hair Removal: My Log

I've also heard that electrolysis is the definite way to go, if you want permanent.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

DOESN'T electrolysis take longer each session and how many sessions does it take?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think it will hurt far more than laser but I don't think you'll need to go back once you get zapped. They put an electrified needle into your hair follicle and it destroys it.
    It will probably be more time consuming than laser cuz the esthetician has to do each and every hair follicle by hand.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

ewww that would take like 12 hours on me! and ouch! that sounds hideously painful!

I soo love this thread- I have that german stock so I could do well with a procedure like this. Alice, can you do a step by step breakdown on your first appointment? How did you go from walking in to dropping trou? I would be like "bitch, you make one false move and I'll turn psycho on you"...so that's the part I need to get over. Besides, i live on a hawaiian island and these bitches are crazy.

Bronze Member

I truly feel sorry for anyone who is overly hairy. I'm in the same furry club. Just a word of advice- if you have excess hair due to some kind of hormonal imbalance (such as too much testosterone, like me), even after electrolysis, the freakin' hair will find a way to grow in, anyway. As always, the razor is still my friend.

and actually i kno from my mom that electorolysis takes a few sessions too; she had some facial hairs did a while ago.

i'll get to later on that DP; im tight for time rite now and i wish i had too much testoterone; maybe i'd have more self-esteem! I kno Courtney Love has that problem too.

I had electrolysis done on my underarms about 15 years ago, when my friend was training to be an esthetician. OH MY GOD! IT HURT!! Like a red hot needle being held in my arm for several seconds, over and over again.

I'm not that hairy to begin with, and I didn't have underarm hair for a long time, but it seems to be coming back these days. Not very much, but I now wax them when I get my legs waxed.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have laser hair removal, but I'm so broke, there's no way I could justify it

My friend has been having laser treatments on her legs for almost a year. She's the kind of girl who has to use about three razors per leg when she shaves, she says it's a nightmare. She's super pale, though, with dark hair, but she's really unhappy with the results so far. She says it just keeps coming back. She goes for three hour sessions at a time, and said it's really really painful. She said she broke down and cried last time during her session, because it hurt so bad. Poor thing! Hopefully it will get better.

you're supposed to put a numbing cream on for the pain. mine didn't hurt at all...i had a registered nurse do it though, you might need a prescription for the cream (at that strength) so some places might not do it.

It doesn't sound like it's worth the pain or money if the hair eventually grows back

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I'm getting laser treatment for my upper lip. I'd have to say that I'm so far happy with it. I'm very light skinned and actually do have light hair only a few black strays. But I've noticed that a few white hairs haven't come back, even though it is nothing that makes a huge difference, but I see no more black hairs. Also, there is some Octopus Liquid (or something like that) that you can spray onto your light skinned hairs that will make the roots black so it can be lasered. And what's good about that is that your hair above the skin stays white, only the root turns black, which is all you need to get it lasered.

Oh, that reminds me. I did my upper lip, too. It all came back.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I did my upperlip with depilatory cream last night. My skin turned all read around the area...but put aloe vera lotion on there afterwards.

I've had my lip and chin done slowly over the last year and 1/2 and am pretty much hair free. There's only a few thin hairs that I'm not worried about, but will in time get lasered. I'm hoping after reading this thread it lasts for me. My sister had it done a few years back and hasn't had any regrowth. But a girl I work with who has a lot of facial hair didn't have any luck with it. She spent quite a bit of money on her laser where I got off cheap at $69 a session. I've had 4 different types of lasers used (2 were for veins) some hurt where others nothing but a startle from the light flashing.

Japangherl, I'll tell my friend about the spray, she wants to have her face done but has blond hair. She thought the spray turned the hair dark.

ok DirtyPool this ones for you!

so here is what happens on the first day i went in and every other time i went; 45 minutes beforehand you put a numbing cream on so when you arrive you go to the bathroom and put on a special skirt and wipe off the numbing cream w/ water and a towel, then i walk across the hall to the little room and sit in a chair and spread my legs which meet at my feet like a diamond: }<>-->-o (me) like that <> (my spreadeagle legs) and the lady puts a gel on my netherregions where she's gonna lazor and btw you have to shave everywhere you want to be lazored and leave hairy what you don't want lazored. then she takes the lazor wand thingy and zaps away and you can feel each hair follicle as it gets zapped to death. She goes in rows across the top and then along the sides and my thighs and down and stuff. Then she wipes off the gel and puts on hydrocordizone all over to prevent swelling i guess but i never had a problem w/ that. then for the next week afterwards you can shave and you're supposed to wipe w/ a wet washcloth gently the burnt stubs away as they surface throughout the week. i don't think i missed any detail but if i do i'll add it later

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information