Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laser Hair Removal: My Log

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: Laser Hair Removal: My Log

my next one is in July; and already after 2 sessions I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less hair growing in! Its amazing I recommend it to anyone (especially those w/ dark hair and light skin they say) and next i'm gonna get my underarms done cause DAMN! that shits nasty under there

How far in the nether region can you go - do you wear a thong during laser seance?

yeah you wear a thong or whatever and they pull it from side to side to lazor whatever is going. There's three categories where i go: basic, middle and everything and I do middle fyi b/c I didn't want to go completely bald cause it might freak me out in the future, but now i sorta wish i had b/c i shave it off anyway, but who knows; trends change so i guess i'm glad i did middle and besides everything costs more too.

Alice, do you have any rate information? Is it horribly expensive?

i got 6 sessions I think for $600.00 so yeah it is expensive, but i got a deal b/c i got 2 free sessions. You have to shop around, ask for discounts or coupons, refer friends so you can get $ taken off your bill and i think its worth it in the long run, but time will tell b/c i'll still be shaving my legs, but at least i don't need a new shaver every other time i shave them and most the year they're covered by pants.

Time to start cutting coupons!!

I can't even imagine how great it must be. I think I'd do my legs first, but really they could just remove everything from the neck down and I'd be thrilled. I'm very lucky that I don't have much on my face to contend with (yet), but I am plagued with horribly sensitive skin and my legs are just miserable all the time.

yeah it is a nitemare; its so funny how hairless we strive to be considering where and what we come from!

Bronze Member

Ive had 2 laser sessions under my arms and ive gone form having hair so coarse and thick i often had 3 hairs growing out of one follicle and i had a shadow even after i shaved, to about 95% of the hair gone. i could just leave it like this and shave once every few weeks but ill go back for one more session and ill be completely hair free!! best money i ever spent

BUT- it was excruciatingly painful for me. you know how when you get a needle that hurts really bad? it was like having that over and over and over again for half an hour. still worth it, but god i had to control myself to not scream!

Bronze Member

Why does the laser feel like a needle? I thought it was painless.

I'd be happy to get head to toe hair free, minus the hair on top of my head and my eyebrows. Although if there's a small and safe enough laser to permanently shape my eyebrows, that'd be amazing. It's such a bitch to get them waxed every other week.

Bronze Member

^^ im not sure why it felt like that... probably to do with the heat going down into the hair follicle.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Do you get any kind of scarring or pigmentation/discoloration as you heal from the laser treatments?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hate to be a party pooper here, but I had laser done about 4 years ago, and everything eventually grew back. I had my bikini area & underarms done, to the tune of over $1500. I was fairly pleased with the results for about a year, then it slowly started coming back.

I am a perfect candidate (except in summer - too tan) & I never had any scarring or discoloration. It did hurt, though. Like a rubber band popping, burning feeling.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^omg are you serious? thats depressing; i really hope that doesn't happen to me; i'm going to ask for like a guarentee or something. I just had my third session and it was a bit more painful b/c she took it up a notch, but i guess I'll wait before I go ahead w/ the underarm sessions to see if the shit grows back or not.

and I have the same exact situation as you Melzawelza; even when i shave underarms; it looks like i haven't shaved at all! Its really fucked up.

I don't think they'll give you a guarantee. They told me that I might experience "growth spurts" at times (in other words, it'll grow back!) but I was so hopeful that it would be permanent that I did it anyway.

I think they want you to go in for "touch ups" for the next several years. I just didn't feel like spending that kind of money for it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think if you want a definite permanent result, you should get electrolysis. One of my roommates used to be an esthetician and she had her under arms done (by newbie co-worker estheticians for practice ).

I'm like some of you, a hairy lady sorta fair skinned with dark hair.
    I'm really embarrased to admit but I have more hair on my legs and arm pits than my husband. I was thinking of getting laser but I guess I'll stick with waxing (hoping that will eventually stop hair from growing...)

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information