Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kids are cruel... what can be done about arm hair?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Tell her to suck it up and bust out the wax! I wax mine or use nair/veet or whatever... though it freaks me out putting something on my skin that eats away hair I've used it before. Kids are assholes... and this reminds me that I need to remove my arm hair...

My mom, through some freak twist of nature, has no hair on her legs or underarms, and just a couple on her arms. I, on the other hand, inherited my dad's hairy arms; I also have some hair on the back of my hands, on my fingers, toes and other areas of my body that I won't mention. Whether I shave my legs, or use Nair, I can guarantee you I will have the beginnings of stubble by the next day. Has it bothered me? Not as much as you would think; I'm usually pretty oblivious to the fact that I am this hairy, and can't recall ever being teased about it. I recently did not shave my legs for over a month; this weekend, I did, and told my husband "Look, nice and smooth!". He looked over at me and said "You know, I don't really take notice of things like that." And I know it's true, because bless his heart, he still wanted plenty of sex from me while I was all Sasquatchy-looking!

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    I agree that its sad to give into others, but she is actually really bothered by the hair now to the point where even if the teasing stopped, she still has issues with the hair.
    That was my problem. I started shaving my arms in 7th grade, and I felt so much better about myself. I had the kind of arm hair men usually have; plus it was black against very pale skin. I still shave. Arm hair - for me - isn't like spikey leg hair growing back in.

My skin reacted to the cremes for removal; plus I worried about the chemicals involved. I tried waxing, but it took too long and was messy and expensive compared to shaving. I really don't think about it at this point; it's just like brushing my teeth and goes by quickly.

There are laser treatments, but really investigate the source since these have left some people badly burned.

I had hair around my nipples, a few, and they bothered me in the same way. I got electrolysis for those.

Tell her to shave it or wax it...Hell I'm a guy and I shave my arms! Seeing a woman with hairy arms can be a bit of a turn off and at that age kids are looking for anything to seperate others from the "pack"

I've just started waxing my own forearms, all the talk about hair made me dislike my own genetically hairy arms, and oh man, I'll never look back! I love them hairless. Its quick and easy and worth it. I'd have my cousin do it but I can take more pain than her. Anyway it feels great, a month later and no hair besides some very short soft blonde ones, has grown back yet.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've just started waxing my own forearms, all the talk about hair made me dislike my own genetically hairy arms, and oh man, I'll never look back! I love them hairless. Its quick and easy and worth it. I'd have my cousin do it but I can take more pain than her. Anyway it feels great, a month later and no hair besides some very short soft blonde ones, has grown back yet.
    Today it was too hot and I was plucking out my leg hair with Phillips Satinelle epilator (I abandoned waxing for doing it on my own; first, I hate salons, second, I don't have enough patience to let hair grow out long enough to wax and have to wear pants all through the process). In an impulse, I ended up doing both arms, and it didn't hurt (waaaaaaaaaay better than the itchy sensation of bleaching). I'm all for it now!

I shave and have for years. It has never grown back more hairy or darker, in fact quite the opposite, it hardly grows at all anymore, I shave about once a week now. I have never had a problem with stubble, when it grows back at all, its very soft. And it takes about a minute to do in the shower. I personally love the look of my hairless arms, plus shaving makes them feel nice and smooth. But I can see why some people find hairless anything weird.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    Today it was too hot and I was plucking out my leg hair with Phillips Satinelle epilator (I abandoned waxing for doing it on my own; first, I hate salons, second, I don't have enough patience to let hair grow out long enough to wax and have to wear pants all through the process). In an impulse, I ended up doing both arms, and it didn't hurt (waaaaaaaaaay better than the itchy sensation of bleaching). I'm all for it now!
    Yep! I wouldnt dare touch it before, but once you do it, you fall in love with it.

I want to invest in an epilator, are they good? I HATE shaving my legs, i hate razors. Does epilating last as long as waxing? I also want it for my under arms; they grow back the next day!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yep! I wouldnt dare touch it before, but once you do it, you fall in love with it.

I want to invest in an epilator, are they good? I HATE shaving my legs, i hate razors. Does epilating last as long as waxing? I also want it for my under arms; they grow back the next day!
    I'm totally with you on this, StayYoung, hahaha. I'm just loving my arms!

I personally prefer my epilator to waxing; I think it breaks off less hair and the one I use isn't as painful. Yes, it does last just as long as waxing, since it plucks out the hair just like the wax does. I also have abolished armpit shaving: I use the epilator. The hair starts growing thin and almost invisible, and you can already epilate when it's barely visible (unlike the stubs that show up the day after shaving). Zero pain.

You should definitely give it a shot. It's worth it.

Bronze Member

I'm not really that hairy of a person but I do have dark hair on my arms and i get random hairs on different parts of my body. I tweeze out the random hairs. I use to be very self conscious about my arm hair. I waxed it, shaved it, bleached it...I did everything. But as I got older, I just didn't really care anymore. I haven't done anything with my arm hair in a long time. If I leave it alone, the sun bleaches it in the summer and during the winter, my arms are covered so nobody sees it.

I got teased every now and again about it, still do!

One total loser told me he'd never date me because I was "too hairy." I announced what he said to the entire staffeteria, who burst out laughing...at him.

It sounds to me like this is more of a self esteem issue, because if she had any she'd laugh it off or tell them off.
    Maybe work on that instead?

No?

Then try Nair so it doesn't grow back as fast.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I just trimmed my daughters arms with a beard trimmer - she is 6 years old. The hairs were long and fuzzy and near her elbow were about 1cm high. She kept asking me why she had fur and how to get rid of it.
    That was months ago and it is still fine now. maybe just trim it. If its dark bleach it.

so basically, by starting this thread, you didn't just help your cousin find a solution, you decided you needed a solution to a problem you didn't even know you had? I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm saying it because I was just reading through this and I am blonde and the hair on my arms is so light/blonde it's see through but reading this thread has me thinking that I should shave it off. Hairless arms to me look strange. Damn you people for feeding the insecurity monsters!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^Bleaching just seems so much maintenance, if your hair is blonde, theres nothing wrong with it. My cousin had the problem of dark hair, not blonde. But it gave ME a complex too! I also found myself looking at the arms of all the women I saw.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information