Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kids are cruel... what can be done about arm hair?

Thanks everyone.
    I think waxing would be way too painful for her, she doesn't have a high pain tolerance even if it meant getting rid of the hair. Bleaching seems the best way to go- I've never used body hair bleach so whats the best one?

i am not hairy anywhere, but when i was younger i had really long arm hair, it was thin but i had lots of it and it was light brown/brown in color. It made me sooo insecure so in 9th grade i started shaving my arms and i couldnt be happier. It doesnt grow back worse and it take 60 seconds to do both arms in the shower. I still shave them every once in awhile and i love how it looks and feels. Arm hair on women (excessive arm hair) can look unfeminine and i can see why she would be insecure.

Gold Member

I have hairy, blonde hair and it would and still does make me semi-insecure. As I get older I get over it more, but when some jackass (like my boyfriends father) says something like I have "really hairy arms for a girl", you can't help but be bothered. Talk her through it and tell her that there is more to her then that. Ask her if she would like to try trimming it. Or try telling her about things you're, if you are insecure of. Tell her everyone goes through it and you just have to realize that it's who you are. And anyone who thinks you're less because of some "flaw", then they aren't even worth the time of day.

I don't know why I forgot to mention this, but my stepmother occasionally uses a beard trimmer on my 8 year old sister's arms. My sister has thick, blonde hair on her arms and she's very self conscious about it.

I would be hesitant to bleach it- she'll still have hairy arms, but now the hair will be platinum blonde. I think that might incite more teasing than just discretely removing it.

She has sensitive skin so i'm worried about the bleach. Her hair is blonde, its ridiculous that she feels bad and i want to slap those kids. Do they know what hairy really is? Yesterday we shaved a small patch on her arm just to see how long it'll take the hair to grow back and HOW it'll grow back (color, texture, etc). If its not bad, shaving might just be the go. If it grows really slow, she wont have to do it often anyway.

I'm really glad i never had this problem in school of all places.
    I worry about kids, they're getting worse.

Silver Member

I just wanted to say how sweet it is that all these women have banded together to help this 12 year old girl feel better about herself.

I'm not surprised, thats how wonderful this place is.

Give your cousin a hug from me.

Bleaching is the only option. I have Alissa Milano hairy arms and in the winter they are dark, very unsightly. But in the summer time they are blonde and I don't even notice them.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    My stepmom and I purchased Nads when I was in middle school or high school. Because we were afraid to do it, we tested it out on my sister first. It ripped off the first layer of her skin.
    I'm sorry, but this had me rolling on the floor. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it sounds so freaking cruel!

That poor sister! Did you have to hold her down???
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I hear ya Chilly. My arm hair is weird- depending on the lighting it is blonde, or light brown. If i thought about it alot i'd hate it but i dont sit there staring at my arms. I didn't get hairier arms until after highschool- i'm grateful for that. Hooray for late devleoping.

Gold Member

Is your cousine feeling better now?

Maybe you could try an electric shaver? My skin sometimes reacts badly to even regular shaving, but I've never had a problem after using an electric shaver. It's much faster, too. My legs are probably much longer than her arms, and I ever only spend three minutes at the very most.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet and sexy View Post
    Is your cousine feeling better now?
    I let her read this thread, she says shes surprised no one thinks she's a freak. God, thats just so sad. She's the cutest little thing. She hasn't talked about it much, i hope she's getting over it. As someone here already mentioned, its important that she doesn't do things for other people. If its not her arms, it'll be something else. People who have something against you are never going to be satisfied; you have to accept yourself, you only get screwed up when you look for acceptance anywhere else.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Kids are evil. I had began waxing my legs at 9 the SoCal pop girls from my school wouldn't shut up about them (I'm dark-haired and pale).

When I started getting teased for my hairy forearms, I just told them all to go to hell. I occasionally bleach, and that's it.

I'm very sorry that your cousin has to go through that, StayYoung. It's terrible being self-conscious at an age when we should just be worried about being kids. The whole body image crap has been going too far lately, and people should just make a bit more of an effort to lay off the media and peer pressure, and just embrace their looks.

I find it impressive how my sister (who's your cousin's age) is so secure about her image. She's a little on the chubby side, has the hairy arms (they're blond, though), but she looks at herself in the mirror and all she sees is beauty. She just shakes off any bad comments because she's a hottie and she knows it, lol.

Has she tried some kind of hair removal cream?

I remove my arm hair with that kind of stuff sometimes in the summer when it bothers me. I have light arm hair, and it works pretty well, it grows back without any nasty stubble.

She is not a freak at all, and the other kids should get over themselves. I sincerely hope that it doesn't affect her all that much, but as it has been said before, if they want to pick on somebody they will find a way to it. They are probably insecure themselves, or they wouldn't tease her for such a silly thing. I wish her lots of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Give your cousin a hug from me.

Bleaching is the only option. I have Alissa Milano hairy arms and in the winter they are dark, very unsightly. But in the summer time they are blonde and I don't even notice them.

I'm sorry, but this had me rolling on the floor. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it sounds so freaking cruel!

That poor sister! Did you have to hold her down???
    Haha.. she didn't fully understand what it was, and we assured her that the commercial said it was painless, so she went along with it. Unfortunately, that was the last time she agreed to be our guinea pig.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information