Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need haircut suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    A little bit longer than this with an off center part would be cute. Maybe have the front layered up slightly shorter, but not so short you can't pull it back when you want to.

almost! i guess what i want is a hybrid between the charlize and the gwyneth but with choppier layers and no bangs (or really long ones) like in the wig sweetie posted...
    almost! i have to keep looking, or go to the hairdressers with all 3 pictures and describe what i want.

mcjag, the cut in the ad penny posted is really cute but i know my hair, and those bangs only work if your hair is really straight and if you don't have a crazy cowlick like mine
    i've always wished i could wear mine like that though.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like the cut of both Gwyneth and Charlize. Michelle's new haircut looks phenomenal on her, I think. She looked gorgeous in Deception. Sweetie's pic looks a bit too pageant for you, imo. You're lucky to have the type of hair you do because you can do so much with it. With thick, relatively curly hair like mine you don't have very many options. And it sucks to have to straighten it constantly. I've seen your haircut and its really cute - it must have grown a lot from the time I last saw it.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^^^
    thanks. and yeah, my hair grows waaay too fast, it's a pain in the ass.
    i like the cut i had before too but it just feels like i've had the same one for the past 4-5 years and i'm ready for a change. and i want it shorter. i've had it long for a while now, the shortest i went was about an inche below the shoulders. it's time for something different.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Better? Am I close? This is killing me.. lol.

lol!
    part is too near the centre - i have a cowlick on one side so nothing but side parts for me. and less curly.
    think layered. i guess, something like gwynnie's but with the part a bit more to the side, and shorter layers on the sides for volume.

i love mandy moore's cut but it would never look like that on me, you can tell her hair is much thicker.

Maybe this but shorter? Why do all the celebs part their damn hair in the middle?!?

^^^
    i like that a lot, though i'm not as wavy. you can see she's got a lot of layers. sorry to be a pain in the ass, but i need to find a pic with straighter hair where you can see the layers more clearly so i have something to show the hairdresser. i think i'll take in all these pics and try to explain what it is i'm going for and hope he/she gets it, and is good. that's another thing, putting your faith in a brand new hairdresser. i'm dreading it already and i haven't even made an appointement yet.

and yeah, i don't get the centre part thing. it looks good on very few people.
    now bangs, i'm jealous of. if only i didn't have the damn cowlick, i'd totally have shorter bangs.
    i tried it for a while, but i got sick of spending ages on them with a straight iron, only to have them puff up to the sides with the slightest bit of humidity.

ok, i think i found my haircut. i want a medium layered bob. i really liked these 2 styles:

so basically, this in the front (except mine would be parted to the side:

but with the short layers on the side for volume, like this girl has:

Closer? I think the cut you settled on is cute and the texture mixes it up a bit.

^^^^
    yep! pretty much what she has, but a bit choppier. now i just have to find a good hairdresser!

I'm sure you'll find a good one... go to a trendy neighborhood/area and scope out several so you get an idea of which one may be the best... and do NOT be afraid to ask questions.. this is your hair we are talking about! a

^^^
    yeah, that's what i'm doing. plus, i got recommendations from friends.

You described my hair to a T- right down to the color. I had the Hayden Panatierre cut you posted a year or two ago. I did like it, and it did seem to give my hair my volume, but it just wasn't me. I wear my hair somewhat long, but my hairstylist cuts it so the back is a bit shorter than the front. This forces that hair forward, and gives me more volume.

Are you going to do any color? My hair looks and feels thicker when it's a bit darker.

^^^^^
    that's a good idea, i'm always on a quest for more volume too.
    i wonder, can you cut it shorter in the back than in the front, even if you have shorter layers at the front?

i like the hayden cut but it's too sleek, i like it a bit messier like in the cameron diaz pic.

no colour this time. i usually get highlights but i'm going to start with the cut. it's sooo hard to find a good colourist that knows how to work with ash blonde. usually they all have the urge to warm up your colour and i hate hate hate yellow/golden blonde on me. those highlights never age well and end up pissy coloured. i like my natural colour so when i get highlights i want them to be the same colour but just a few tones lighter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information