Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: I like this cheap ass perfume

Omg Exclamation! I loved that and Sunflowers. I always live BnBW speays. I rarely wear "real" perfume.

Most of the Britneys smell really nice.

Frolic by Origins. Man, I wish I could find that somewhere. Very light, fresh and clean.

Rihanna - Rebel Fleur and one from the Body Shop it was like a vanilla oil type thing.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Fretnot by Origins. A tangerine cologne that I loved. LOVED dammit. Why? Why do they stop making them?
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I loved Grass by the Gap. In jr. high it was Wild Musk. I wore Jlo for a while too.

Not cheap, but I was walking through Macy's this weekend and a saleswoman handed me a fragrance card. It was Chanel but I forget the name. It was very floral but an undertone of something almost beach-y. I stuck it in my purse and hours later it smelled like patchouli and the next day it smelled like baby powder. Weird how it broke down to it's parts over time.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

A*O

Ugh, I remember the nasty Musk shit the "cool" girls wore at high school. They used WAY too much and the whole place stank. I walked past a clapped out old hippy chick the other day and there was a shimmering haze of patchouli around her that made me gag. Less is more ladies.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I HATE patchouli. One of my sons had a girl over who sat on the arm of my couch. That poor couch smelled like mold for a week. I couldn't get near it.

When I was a hippie poseur in high school, I wore patchouli and smoked clove cigarettes. I must've smelled as awful to others as that combination smells to me now. Thankfully, that phase was short lived and I wore Lauren, White Shoulders, and Anais Anais. I liked the way Beautiful smelled...on other people. Didn't seem to work for me. Now I just wear a scented lotion, Amazing Grace, by philosophy.

I used to love Anais Anais. It's too strong to me now. In fact most full strength perfumes are too much for me. Except JLo Glow. Which is just cologne, right? Maybe that's why.

I also used to smoke the clove ciggies, in like 1982 though. And only at the bars. Loved 'em.

I was probably right beside you, courtesy of a fake ID.
    sprynkles and A*O like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Fretnot by Origins. A tangerine cologne that I loved. LOVED dammit. Why? Why do they stop making them?
    I loved that too! Origins, ugh. They discontinue everything I like.

I too had the Love's fragrances in the 70s--Baby Soft, Fresh Lemon and Musky something--jasmine? They were amazing. I found an older 80's-90's bottle of Baby Soft on EBay and it smelled EXACTLY like high school to me. Sniffing it was so evocative, like time-traveling, though I ended up feeling kind of sad. It was a very powdery, rich scent but unusual and memorable.

I adored and still do wear China Rain by Berkeley's original store "Body Time." They invented it. They also were first to call themself "The Body Shop" and the British company apparently was going to sue them until they realized they had things wrong, lol. So they gave them a lot of money instead. Anyway, Body Time used to carry killer fragrance oils and some unique blends. China Rain, mmmm. It's been copied endlessly.

Also wore Jean Nate (my Mom's) and Houbigant Chantilly, which was SO MUCH NICER then. The evil Dana company's cheap modern formulations have killed a lot of beautiful old perfumes.

Other old and/or cheap smells I love include Coty's Emeraude, Charlie, and oh, Jovan! Those 70s bottles with the colorful, oblong plastic lids smell divine. Their Frankincense and Myrrh is still without rival. I also have Lily Of The Valley, Black Orchid, an iris one, a honeysuckle one and a lotus one that is particularly exquisite.

Also--remember Jovan's Woman and Man, two bottles which fit together in a highly suggestive way?

Ah haha. Yes, I can't recall what Man smells like, but I still have Woman and it is really beautiful. If you see a bottle lying around at a thrift store or whatever, give it a sniff.

ETA and throughout college and beyond I used an old thrifted bottle of Lanvin's My Sin. Still have it, got more (though it's now discontinued, dammit) and wear it to this day. It's a fascinating perfume and they should bring it back. Grrr. Plus, best name EVER.
    sputnik likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Secret - my late father used to steal my mom's Jean Nate' and put it in his bathwater - he was crazy about the scent.
    Last edited by BITTER; April 19th, 2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Kathie_Moffett and sputnik like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Hang on to your body glitter, because the '90s are alive and well. (In your shower, anyway.)
    Remember the good old days, when everyone passed notes on looseleaf paper spritzed with Cucumber Melon-scented spray for a personal touch? Thanks to Bath and Body Works (and sensory memory), you can soon relive some of your youth. The retailer is re-releasing some of its most iconic scents.

The reissue is part of its #FlashbackFragrance campaign, which includes six memorable fragrances: Cucumber Melon, Juniper Breeze, Pearberry, Plumeria, Country Apple and White Tea and Ginger. The scents will be available as shower gel, body lotion, body cream and fragrance mist, which leaves us wondering what the antibacterial soap did to be excluded from this rare opportunity.

Image: Bath and Body Works

The line will feature new packaging, but will be the same smell you knew and doused yourself with until the early 2000s when they were discontinued. You can purchase the items for a limited time in stores and online from June 8 through July 5, though a quick browse on its website shows that certain scents, like Cucumber Melon and White Tea and Ginger, are already available. The company told Mashable those are leftovers of online exclusives with limited availability and older packaging after they were discontinued in stores.

This is not the first staple of your old bathing routine to cash in on the nostalgia wave. In 2013, Herbal Essences brought back its classic Smooth and Shine hair lines in all their 1995 packaging glory — though slightly updated to exclude sulfate and silicone. According to WWD, it was an attempt to boost declining sales.

Herbal Essences is still selling the two classic lines, which will pair perfectly with Juniper Breeze body wash and Britney Spears' first album.

Bath & Body Works reissues iconic scents so you can relive middle school
    Air Quotes and Beeyotch like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Ugh! Please no, Cucumber Melon. so sticky sweet smelling and seems like all the girls I knew wore it back then.

Silver Member

My favourite cheap perfumes are Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely & Jennifer Lopez Live. SJP's perfumes are hard to get ahold of. I just love the crisp but sweet smell to it even though it doesn't last very long. I love the fruitiness of JLo's perfume!

Also, I love the Charlie Pink perfume they do, shame it doesn't come in a bigger bottle. I tend to be drawn to sweet, crisp & fruity fragrances.

Who remembers Soft Musk & Far Away perfumes from Avon? Use to love them.

Although I absolutely love Thierry Mugler perfumes, on my third bottle of Angel (this time I got a refillable one) & I'm tempted to buy Alien again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information