Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I HATE my eye brows...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

what the hell are you talking about Alice, you sexy bitch...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

My eyebrows, hmm. As weird as this may sound, women would often stop me on the street and ask me where I got them done. Everytime I'd pay at the salon, the women in the waiting room would say "Oh...Tina did them, they are fantastic".

Ten years ago they were 10 dollars at the Estee Lauder Spa. It was impossible to get an appt with Tina, but when you had one, you didn't cancel. I got out of bed with a fever to get them done and then went right back home.

Tina was so good that Estee Lauder made her the Director of Estheticians for the US. Eyebrows never used to be a huge deal and now it costs some 40 dollars.

You have beautiful eyes, and brows, Chalet.

Wow, I wish I could see the rest of your face, because that top part looks very very pretty. (Although I certainly understand not wanting to post it here, because certain clowns think it's funny to use others' personal photos to try to insult & humiliate them.)

About eyebrows, I thought mine looked good until I saw yours, Chalet. I guess they look pretty good. The thing is, I have to tweeze them
    EVERY

SINGLE

DAY

OF

MY

LIFE.

If I don't, it's obvious. They grow that fast, like the hair on my head.

A great fear of mine is that I will be in a coma, say for a few days, and people will come to my bedside & see my out-of-control eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    You have beautiful eyes, and brows, Chalet.
    Are you talking to yourself?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    I'm very attached to Smashbox. In my experience, nearly all their products and brushes are as good as MAC's, which is my other brand of choice (though it isn't available here).
    Are these guys really good? I see them all the time on the shopping channel (yes i watch it sometimes ) so I kinda associate them as a cheap-o brand. but if what they say is true and they really do do all the magazine photoshoots, etc, they must be quality?

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    A great fear of mine is that I will be in a coma, say for a few days, and people will come to my bedside & see my out-of-control eyebrows.
    Ohhh I have a similar fear except it is about my hair! My hair is so fine it needs washing every day, and can go flat if someone just looks at it in the wrong way. My fear is that if I ended up in hospital for some reason the nurses would comb it flat, in a side parting or something dreadful.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Are these guys really good? I see them all the time on the shopping channel (yes i watch it sometimes ) so I kinda associate them as a cheap-o brand. but if what they say is true and they really do do all the magazine photoshoots, etc, they must be quality?
    Very good, actually (though luckily, we don't get the shopping channel, or I'd have probably thought that too). So far, everything I've bought from them really lives up to my expectations. Their primer, highlighter, brushes and lipglosses (which actually DO last forever) are the best I've ever used. I'll write a review in the beauty forums next time I get some more.
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Wow, I wish I could see the rest of your face, because that top part looks very very pretty. (Although I certainly understand not wanting to post it here, because certain clowns think it's funny to use others' personal photos to try to insult & humiliate them.)

About eyebrows, I thought mine looked good until I saw yours, Chalet. I guess they look pretty good. The thing is, I have to tweeze them
    EVERY

SINGLE

DAY

OF

MY

LIFE.

If I don't, it's obvious. They grow that fast, like the hair on my head.

Are you talking to yourself?
    WELL THAT WAS VERY WEIRD, LOB. LOL. Looks like a cross post, but thank you to whomever wrote that.

Lob, I'd need a lawnmower for my brows if they aren't waxed. Threading was oh so painful the only time I tried it. Now they look like regular eyebrows. I miss the old days. Can't find someone who can do what she did.

I reeeeeeeeeally want the Smashbox primer, but it's not sold in stores on the west coast of Canada so I'll have to order it off the internet or get someone on one of my makeup communities to CP it to me. I'm lucky though, I have a MAC Pro store like 30 minutes away. Too bad I don't have money to spend there.

I've finally gotten my eyebrows to look the way I want them too. I'm so happy. I just had to let them grow in and take them to a professional. And then just tidy up after them. They always leave my eyebrows too close together. I have very close-set eyes, so I make sure my eyebrows start exactly at the tear duct and not before so their positioning is less obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I get mine done at Nu Vison 2000, too! I always load up on samosas at the place next door when I go.
    Damn, I need to check this place out next time I'm in Vancouver. Threading and good samosas...can't beat that!
    debauched.

I got my face threaded yesterday (fuzz, upper lip and eye brows). It was actually $15 and I gave $20 and I don't remember getting my change back. Now just to make myself feel better, I'll just think of it as tipping the esthetician $5.

I didn't like the shape of my eye brows at first but it's grown on me now. The lady did a good job

(while shopping yesterday, came across a salon that was advertizing threading for $9, I asked about the deal and it happened to be the senior's price...Anyways, it was a nice Turkish lady that kept on calling me "My dear" )

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Eyebrows have to be the most annoying thing on a persons face. Too bushy, too thin, drawn on.. it all attracts attention and insults.

I made the mistake of shaving my unibrow (yes, I had a unibrow as a kid.. It plagued me for years.. ) I I shaved too far outward so when the ends of my eyebrows grew back they grew back all wild and untamed.. I'd use a taming gel but I get so lazy. So, I guess it's natural for you to somewhat hate your eyebrows.. I know I do.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Did you guys see Oprah's show today, she had the eyebrow lady on - Anastasia. I was impressed. The info about it is on Oprah's website. I was impressed with what she did on Oprah, and the others were good too. (Maybe there's a recap video on there)
    http://www2.oprah.com/health/beauty/..._350_201.jhtml

Also, here is info on Anastasia from http://tinyurl.com/y584zw:All About the Brows, baby! From Anastasia Beverly Hills comes the All About Brows kit - made exclusively for Sephora. I was thrilled to finally try this out. I have been a fan of Anastasia Beverly Hills - the queen of eyebrows - for a few years now. Her tweezers are the best. Gosh, I use them almost everyday. Well, this set has 6 great tools to groom even the hairiest of brows, including my favorite tweezers. It also has a Brow Powder Duo, four Brow Stencils, a Duo Angle/Spooley Brush, a Brow Gel, and an Eye Lights highlighting pencil.
    Click to read more ...

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    I reeeeeeeeeally want the Smashbox primer, but it's not sold in stores on the west coast of Canada so I'll have to order it off the internet or get someone on one of my makeup communities to CP it to me. I'm lucky though, I have a MAC Pro store like 30 minutes away. Too bad I don't have money to spend there.

I've finally gotten my eyebrows to look the way I want them too. I'm so happy. I just had to let them grow in and take them to a professional. And then just tidy up after them. They always leave my eyebrows too close together. I have very close-set eyes, so I make sure my eyebrows start exactly at the tear duct and not before so their positioning is less obvious!

Ohmy, I just saw an ad on the shopping channel that they'll be featuring Smashbox cosmetics soon. So when you have some time to spare, tune in or just go to their website to see when they'll be on or maybe you can directly order from them.

Thanks for the heads up!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information