Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: I HATE my eye brows...

  1. #16
    Lil
    Lil is offline
    Gold Member Lil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    I get mine professionally shaped every now and again and then maintain them myself in between. I pull the odd hair or two out pretty much every day when I am doing my makeup in the morning.

    My tip would be that not all tweezers are created equal. Spend a bit more money and buy a good pair - I have these http://www.spacenk.co.uk/SpaceNK/Pro...language=en-GB and I can get even really short hairs with them.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

  2. #17
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    I'd say that's true of most beauty items -- buy the best makeup brushes, tweezers, manicure/pedicure stuff you can because not only will it last a lot longer, the results will be much more professional looking. I also believe in that philosophy for just about everything. I'd rather have one great purse or pair of shoes or lipstick than several crummy ones that don't last and look cheap.

  3. #18
    Elite Member NawdleZouss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In a space-dye vest
    Posts
    2,847

    Default

    ^ I agree. The results of applying makeup with good brushes versus bad ones are amazing.
    2 years...

  4. #19
    Elite Member PurpleHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,128

    Default

    moomies, on the picture i've seen of you your eyebrows look great!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiParis View Post
    Apparently the thicker eyebrows, like Denise Richard's, are in style at the moment.
    yeah, i read that too and i thank god because i don't look right when my eyebrows are all thin. i pluck mine and "tidy" them but i don't take away too much. i personally don't like the too thin eyebows on just about anybody.

    like this tv presenter - that's way to thin, that's just unattractive imo

  5. #20
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,172

    Default

    eyebrow shaping is tricky
    i would definitely have them professionally done once and see how you like the result
    then like pb said, you can copy that shape yourself..

  6. #21
    Lil
    Lil is offline
    Gold Member Lil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I'd say that's true of most beauty items -- buy the best makeup brushes, tweezers, manicure/pedicure stuff you can because not only will it last a lot longer, the results will be much more professional looking. I also believe in that philosophy for just about everything. I'd rather have one great purse or pair of shoes or lipstick than several crummy ones that don't last and look cheap.
    I agree on the whole, although if I am buying something that is very 'this year' (for example all the long hippy skirts that were around last summer) I might buy a cheapy version because I know it won't be wearable without looking ridiculous the next year, so it doesn't need to last. Or a couple of years ago I bought a cream wool coat for the winter, which I knew wouldn't last as long as a dark coloured one no matter how careful I was with it. So I bought a Top Shop one for 60, instead of a Max Mara one for 400.

    I have the big set of Bobbi Brown makeup brushes, to which I have added a couple of others like a bronzer brush. I fully expect them to see me out.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

  7. #22
    Elite Member NawdleZouss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In a space-dye vest
    Posts
    2,847

    Default

    I'm very attached to Smashbox. In my experience, nearly all their products and brushes are as good as MAC's, which is my other brand of choice (though it isn't available here).
    2 years...

  8. #23
    Elite Member missbazilb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    I get my eyebrows threaded, too, PB. I find they look more "groomed" and less severe than waxing.

    Plus, at $5, it's cheap! Cheap cheap cheap! YAY!

  9. #24
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    Where do you get ithem done missbazilb?

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  10. #25
    Elite Member missbazilb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    It's called Nu Vision 2000, on Fraser around 52nd or 53rd. There's two places, one's called Nu Vision, the other's called Nu Vision 2000. I've been to both, but some of my friends stress rather strongly that Nu Vision 2000 is much better. They're open late on weeknights, too, which is good.

  11. #26
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    I agree on the whole, although if I am buying something that is very 'this year' (for example all the long hippy skirts that were around last summer) I might buy a cheapy version because I know it won't be wearable without looking ridiculous the next year, so it doesn't need to last. Or a couple of years ago I bought a cream wool coat for the winter, which I knew wouldn't last as long as a dark coloured one no matter how careful I was with it. So I bought a Top Shop one for 60, instead of a Max Mara one for 400.

    I have the big set of Bobbi Brown makeup brushes, to which I have added a couple of others like a bronzer brush. I fully expect them to see me out.
    Oh, I agree. I never pay a lot for trendy stuff. I meant buying pieces that will be around a while like a decent winter coat. I bought a cream coat last year too and I got it on sale.

  12. #27
    Elite Member Luna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    My eyebrows are HORRIBLE. Well actually not both but 1. I sleep on the right side of my face and I swear that eyebrow does not grow right because of it. The hairs grow straight out and so sparse! Luckily my eyebrows are blonde so it's not AS noticeable but it is still NOT a pretty site especially once I get done plucking all the wonky hairs. I've contemplated putting tape on that side at night. Wouldn't that be purdy?

  13. #28
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    It's called Nu Vision 2000, on Fraser around 52nd or 53rd. There's two places, one's called Nu Vision, the other's called Nu Vision 2000. I've been to both, but some of my friends stress rather strongly that Nu Vision 2000 is much better. They're open late on weeknights, too, which is good.
    I get mine done at Nu Vison 2000, too! I always load up on samosas at the place next door when I go.

  14. #29
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    oh that's cool. I'll go have a visit when my brows grow back a little more bushy and get them done

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  15. #30
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    my eyebrows are seriously the least of my many facial-feature-ugliness worries!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2006, 06:42 AM
  2. don't hate me cause I'm mean..
    By heather.rn in forum New Members
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 7th, 2006, 12:50 AM
  3. Foods you hate
    By pacific breeze in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: December 4th, 2005, 11:27 PM
  4. I hate Walmart and here's why...
    By AliceInWonderland in forum News
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: November 17th, 2005, 01:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •