Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't leave the house without...

Default Re: I can't leave the house without......

First of all, I'm always running late in the morning. So I have the art of getting ready in 3 minutes down! I always have to do moisturizer, a little foundation, and mascara. And I always have to have chapstick and lip gloss with me. I'll just throw my hair up though and try to pull of 'the messy look.'

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    I need lip balm and moisterizer, otherwise I feel like a mess. Even when I'm walking to class in my pajamas without showering after a late night of studying, they make me feel better.
    Yeah, what she said, but add leave in conditioner (Potion 9). My skin and hair that would break if I didn't moisturize the hell out of it.

I have to do the basic base, quick foundation and concealer and mascara, hair has to be clipped up, the rest I can do in the car when at the traffic lights, not had an accident yet *touches wood*

Then I make a quick sprint to the toilets in work before rushing into the office

My keys
    Usually I need some concealer but on some lucky days I can go out without. Sometimes I leave my place to go straight to the swimming pool so in that case I don't bother!

Foundation is quite important and my hair MUST be washed and blow dried. But I'm not too fussy lately I hardly ever wear make up for work.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Concealer, foundation, and lip-something-or-other. Oh, and mascara, if I can find it. I look like a 12 year old boy without makeup.
    2 years...

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I cannot leave the house without powder, lip gloss and a touch of cheek color along with a spitz of scent and my jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    Agreed with concealer and mascara (sucks having blonde eyelashes)
    Agreed.

Ugh! Treasure your youth young ones!
    I remember when I loved makeup but didn't NEED it!
    *sigh*

I almost never wear makeup when I'm on campus. Only for presentations (Communications major, I have a lot of those) or for special frat events. When I work, I at least put on mascara, but I don't think I really need it. I have very long, dark eyelashes. I have to keep looking down after I put on mascara until it dries or else I'll get little mascara dots on my browbone. Usually I'll do some eyeliner and lip gloss too if I didn't do the whole face. I'm usually able to forfeit hair time too since my hair is still shortish. If I'm low on time I can put some gel or mousse in my wet hair and have the slicked back "wet look" all day. Not the best look, but it's still sort of a style, some girls at the store have figured it out as my late wake up days

I wish I didn't, but I really need concealer under my eyes and a little blush or bronzer. My skin is very fair, but also uneven, not porcelain at all... *sigh. I'm not a high-maintenance kind of girl, but if I feel pasty or spotty, or whatever, I just don't feel very confident. My hair also has to look decent and be "behaving", but that could mean a number of things, it doesn't necessarily need to be washed or blow-dried. Just has to "work".

Besides that, I also wear a moisturizing sunscreen every day, if I'm leaving the house that is. A tan on my face actually does wonders for the aforementioned issues, but I just can't bring myself to not wear sunscreen - I'd like to stay as young-looking as possible, for as long as possible, lol. With the cold weather here, I also need chapstick and hand cream - again, I wish I didn't, I hate "needing" products.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Gold Member

lipstick, blush & mascara.

Nothing really.
    I love makeup and wearing makeup, but there's nothing I wouldn't leave the house without.

But when I go out at night mascara is a must.

Lil

I would not go to work without my face on. If I had to really leave without it I would take my makeup with me and do it on the run. I once had to catch a 7am train to London and forgot to change my alarm so I overslept. I got ready to leave the house in eleven minutes, including showering and drying my hair, and drove like a maniac to the station. I did my makeup on the train.

My husband now thinks I should always be able to get ready in eleven minutes.

I am less bothered at the weekend. The one thing I do always carry is lip balm, or the L'Occitane tiny tins of shea butter that you can also use on cuticles.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

foundation, concealer, blush some mascara and lots of lip gloss
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood". --Oscar Wilde

Bronze Member

Sunscreen. There are no words to describe how I feel about going outside without sunscreen... I've been wearing it everyday for the last five years. However, I never reapply it when I should, and I never put it on my hands.

Of course, that's not to say that usually I also wear blush, lip balm, and fill out my sparse eyebrows with some eyeshadow. But none of these are must-haves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information