Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Humidity hair! OMG...I fn hate it!

Ha, when I lived in Florida I never even tried. It was up in a bun ALL. THE. TIME. Special events required lots of hairspray and hours with a curling iron or sleeping in curlers. So glad I don't live there anymore.

Default Maybe a cure!

I started using Joico K-Pak cuticle sealer shortly after posting this thread. I apply it after shampooing, then put my conditioner over it. I use Joico shampoo and conditioners too.
    I must say, I have noticed a huge improvement in the frizziness. Huge! I even stood in the rain for a bit the other night to test it out. Nothing happened. My hair didn't frizz or curl up at all. Another awesome thing, my hair is super shiny.
    Of course the big test will be this Wednesday when we arrive in Honolulu! I'll let you guys know.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

This sounds great-especially the super shine.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

it's from the daily mail. i don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    What's the big deal about generic super straight hair anyway. Go with what you've been given. I know plenty of women who'd kill for some natural curls.
    it's not the curls that are a proble, it's the fucking frizz. my hair isn't even curly, just mostly straight with a slight wave, which i don't mind. but once it gets humid, i get this halo of frizz all around my head.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well you guys, Honolulu was awesome. The weather, perfect. I saw thee most beautiful male specimen in the world there. If my hair hadn't been a big stupid fuzzy mess, I would have jumped him, lol!
    So I went with the super scrunched curly look, and it worked. I was wet half the time I was there any way.
    I am still using the cuticle sealer, and my hair seems to be getting better and better. I am loving the results. My hair basically behaves in the humidity of Seattle, so I guess I'm pretty happy about that.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i also have a curly, frizzy mess. i am going to get a keratin treatment. it doesn't change the texture or composition of your hair like japanese straightening does. pulls out the frizz, leaves volume and lasts 3 months. i'm going to get it done in the next few weeks so i'll report back.
    i got the keratin treatment and i love it! my hair has been smooth, feels awesome and i haven't used my flat iron since and it's been raining like a bitch here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i got the keratin treatment and i love it! my hair has been smooth, feels awesome and i haven't used my flat iron since and it's been raining like a bitch here lately.
    FGG, how did the keratin treatment hold up? I read about the way it is done, with 400 degree flat irons to infuse it into the hair. Am thinking about doing it.
    Have you done it again or would you do it again?

fgg

i've done the one that you wait 3 days to wash it and it lasts 3 months twice and the one that you wait 24 hrs to wash it and it lasts 1 month a few times. i will continue to get it done (i actually have an appt. in a week) because i live in humidity central and it is worth it to me.

Good to know. How spendy was the 3 month treatment?

fgg

it was $200 with a set of special shampoo & conditioner included for the 3 month and $75 for the 1 month, no special shampoo & conditioner included.

That's a small price to pay if it works imo. I wonder if you can do hair color touch ups without ruining the effects.

fgg

yeah, it has no effect on the color. the only thing is that if you do get color done on days other than when getting the treatment, the stylist will have to flat iron your hair to lock the hair & keratin back down. i just get it done on the same day to avoid paying more for the blow dry & flat ironing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information