Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humidity hair! OMG...I fn hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by gardenofeve View Post
    You can try Moroccan Oil, it's not foolproof, but it does take a lot of oomph out of the humidty frizzies.
    This is true - even Sally Beauty Supply sells small bottles of "Argan Oil" - which they peddle as a type of Moroccan Oil. It works pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    My hair is half straight in the front and very wavy in the back. I tried this and it works pretty well to tame some of the frizz, plus it's cheap! It feels like a mousse/gel combined:

Tousled hairstyles - Tousle Me Softly mousse from Herbal Essences
    I bought the entire line of that shit in hopes that it would work for me. I can stand the texture of the cream in the round jar - I always feel like that kid in Mommie Dearest must have felt. It makes my hair sticky, matted and I now have that whole virtually unused set under my cabinet with the rest of the shit that don't work....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Ouidad Climate Control gel works pretty well, and so does Sabino Moisture Block.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

My stupid hair is oily on top of everything else so I can put alot of goop on there and not washing everyday makes it feel gross. Sometimes I think about moving just so my hair will look better.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    sign me up with the rest of you. I have a head full of naturally curly, overly thick hair! It's a pain in the ass. Its so heavy, I have to keep layers all the time. I need Chilly to tell me exactly what her hairdresser did to her hair.
    Totally relate to this.

Infusium Frizz Control leave-in conditioner works pretty well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Man, I'm right with you too. My hair is NOT curly--only slightly wavy but frizzy as shit. Once when I was on a tour in the jungle in Puerto Vallarta, the tour guide actually made fun of me because my hair got all puffy. Last year, I had general anaesthesia and my hair freaked out even worse after that--fell out big time and came in an even worse texture.

For me, the key is hydration and coating. I don't shampoo every day, but I do always either use a major, major conditioner like the kinds you get in a box of hair coloring that are super thick and buttery, or use Aveda's thickening clay conditioner because it adds weight and coats well. When I get out of the shower and dry my hair, I then put on Alba's leave-in conditioner that is very moisturizing. THEN, I use either Aveda's Sap Moss concentrate (which sadly, is being discontinued), or Sebastian's laminating drops, which is specifically designed to smooth frizzy hair and works pretty well. But overall, all of these things work only about half of the time for me. Today for instance, my hair is still frizzy crap. I'm pretty sure the surgery I had is responsible for my absolutely shitastic head of hair.
    That's me to a T.

I have wavey hair that won't behave. It's not pretty wave, just crazy wave. I also have to use ridiculously thick and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to get it to behave. I end up either flat ironing it or curling it with a curling iron every day just to get it to do something, but if it rains - forget it.

I also had the same issue with anesthesia making my hair fall out. I had general anesthesia when I had my wisdom teeth out year before last, and my hair fell out at a scary rate for MONTHS afterwards. I seriously worried I would have bald patches, it was so much. I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I happened to off-handedly mention the surgery to my hair stylist and she told me.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    That's me to a T.

I have wavey hair that won't behave. It's not pretty wave, just crazy wave. I also have to use ridiculously thick and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to get it to behave. I end up either flat ironing it or curling it with a curling iron every day just to get it to do something, but if it rains - forget it.

I also had the same issue with anesthesia making my hair fall out. I had general anesthesia when I had my wisdom teeth out year before last, and my hair fell out at a scary rate for MONTHS afterwards. I seriously worried I would have bald patches, it was so much. I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I happened to off-handedly mention the surgery to my hair stylist and she told me.
    Yep. Assholes don't warn you about that before you go in for your nice routine operation.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenofeve View Post
    You can try Moroccan Oil, it's not foolproof, but it does take a lot of oomph out of the humidty frizzies.
    I agree, works wonders!

What also works for me is putting my hair in a bun, blow-dry it, straighten it, and finish it off with hairspray.

Gold Member

You may want to try the Deep Shine products by Rusk (especially the phyto-creme lusterizer).

A*O

What's the big deal about generic super straight hair anyway. Go with what you've been given. I know plenty of women who'd kill for some natural curls.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Well, it depends on the hair. Some curly hair is not so much 1994 Mariah Carey as it is Yoko Ono.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    What's the big deal about generic super straight hair anyway. Go with what you've been given. I know plenty of women who'd kill for some natural curls.
    It's a lot easier to take care of my hair when it's straight. When it's curly, it's a 15 minute process each morning. When it's straight, it's 5.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Well, it depends on the hair. Some curly hair is not so much 1994 Mariah Carey as it is Yoko Ono.
    Exactly. Even when I let it be curly, scrunch it and let it be, it gets fuzzy on top. The curl doesn't hold. The ends are straight. Lol, it's comically bad.
    My hair totally changed after I had my son. Bone straight and fine all my life. Then, kind of coarse and unruly.
    I want to hear how the keratin therapy works. My hair could probably use that regardless.
    Chilly, we need your hair dresser!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Oh no, ladies you don't want my hair dresser. He's a star at what he does and he knows it. He does all the model and tv people in town, which are plenty.

When I have an appointment, I have to be grateful, not vice versa. When I come in on time, he makes me wait for ages.

BUT he gives me a good 30 minute consulting. I can always tell that he has been thinking about my haircut for days in advance. He really goes into detail about the structure of my hair, about the current state it's in, about what I want to go for depending on my mood, etc. He actually teaches me a lot about hair.

Here's the best part: He says, I pay him to tell me what looks best on me. He's brutally honest.

He'll say stuff like, the blond you got going on right now makes you look like a transvestite. Or he'll say, don't come in here with a pic of a celebrity, I'll kick you out. I heard him say, sure I can give you Katie Holmes haircut, but it'll make you look like a housewife, cause you ain't no Katie Holmes, honey. He'll also tell you the minimum length that is required so that my "wrinkly throat" is covered up. God, he's such a trip.

Anyway, he kept telling me the cut was called the "spiral cut". He twisted my hair in small strands and cut the overlapping hair, if you know what I mean. Apparently, everyone knows it but me.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

fgg

they're lying because i own it and my hair still gets frizzy. it might have something to do with the fact that florida usually has 90+% humidity that i can't escape.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information