Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hairs do you lose a day?

Bronze Member

HI THERE!

UPdate: New stuff I am doing now:

*Rubbing 5% minoxidil into my skull once daily (Dermatoligust approved this);
    *Using Nutri-Ox (Sally Beauty Nioxin generic) trio of shampoo, conditioner and Scalp Treatment (about $15 total for a starter kit)
    *My Derm also prescibed 1mg Propecia for me (OK since I am not planning on getting pregnant) HOWEVER even the generic (Finasteride) is $75 a MONTH! I don't think so. SO: I scoured the internet until I found a drug called Finpecia which is also 1mg of finasteride -but manufactured in India. Look it up.
    *IF i Can, I avoid brushing my hair or rubbing my scalp too briskly when I shampoo.

There is also a "Trichology" clinic that you might want to check out: http://www.miyoharaintl.com/...

Anyhoo, I guess I can say that I am not losing anymore hair than before (but still too much as far a Iam concerned), but do I now have a full, lustrous mane? Hell Nope. However, I am simply not going to give up this fight! Will keep you posted!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ oh wow thanks; that Nioxin stuff is pretty cool; I tried it a long time ago but now I'm using Curetage starter kit of 5 products in all! for $83.00 but I think its helping plus I have a doc apt. tomorrow and we're going to compare pictures of my scalp this time last year when my accident happened to now and we'll see. I really hope you hair stops falling out Edie and that some grows back; i think you have to think positively too b/c as they say a lot of it may, 'just be in your head'! (no pun intended)

and yeah i don't brush my hair too much and i'm extremely gentle when i wash it and comb it afterward.

Bronze Member

Now how did I miss that you had an accident??? Then most-likely your hair loss is post-trraumtic and it is slowly growing back (maybe you just don't realize it)??? I know a lady who was in a car wreck and got hurt and her hair fell out. It grew back, though. She is the one who told me about Nioxin and Bioton.

well I certainly hope yours does too! I went to the dermatologist this morning and she wants my bloodwork done just in case but she said the Curetage Im using is fine and gave my a prescription to an anit-inflamatorry shampoo and another one that will help the hair stay in longer; they're called Clobex and Nizoral to be used once a week each and then some amino acid vitamins (seeing a damn doctor is soooo expensive; dermotologists always give you too much shit!) which should be good; nothing wrong w/ vitamins imo, and the good thing she told me was that the bulbs at the end of the hair sample I gave her to look at (from hair I collected that had fallen out during and after my showers) were white and not black and white bulbs means the hair was at the end of its growth cycle but if you have hair falling out w/ black bulbs then you're most likely diseased like suffering from chemo-therapy.

Also I believe in stimulation so I'm going to gently massage my head w/ a wide-tooth comb after I put this root stimulator from Curetage on at night. Also at my docs; we compared my part to photographs taken a year ago and they didn't look too different but definetely my part is slighty wider and the hairs sparser than I had remembered them being; so I just hope I didn't shock or stress my scalp too much to prevent a return to a healthy head of hair.

kristopher9876

Default Hair problem need help.

Need your help desperately, I am 28 and I facing hair fall for the few months. I am even scared of putting comb. I donít know what has happened but the hair fall, it has just increased day by day. Can any one tell me what should I do control hair fall. Caz I have tried a lot of homely tips. But no improvement till now

^ oh wow that sounds scary and i can totally relate. I dont know where you're from kristopher, but i would get to a dermatologist as soon as you can and start saving the amount of hair you lose a day in a plastic baggy and count it and bring that with you when you visit the doc if you can? I know how you feel about being afraid to comb, im terrified of washing! i dont even like to shower anymore but some days are better than others. good luck! and keep us updated and if you have any more questions, ask them!

Don't bother pitying it Alice, it's a spammer. This is part one and then the sales pitch will be made by another name in part two.

You might remember his/her/its other posts:
    Women's Health Support Forums - Search Results

Exclusive sneak preview!

Part two looks like this:
    Have you tried putting egg yolk? It is very good for hair and controls hair fall. You may consult a doc and ask for reasons. Also check out SPAM.com to see what products they have. I think they have a product which controls hair fall. Hope you get your problem solved soon.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I've been using Nioxin products for about 5 months and Rogaine (generic) for about 1.5 years. So far it seems to be working, but I still lose a lot of hair. I think it seems like more than normal because I rarely brush it and wear it in a pony tail all the time, so it doesn't have a chance to fall out until I take a shower, then it all comes out at once. Does that make sense?

Caz I have tried a lot of homely tips

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Avoid stress. If you figure out how, let me know! I always seem to have three to five times as many hairs falling out when I am under stress.
    Yep, stress, poor diet and poor circulation can contribute to hair loss. I knew a guy that was doing the Rogaine thing, and heard it really doesn't do anything to help, it's actually what you do to apply it that helps. Meaning, scalp massage. They say to massage your scalp about five minutes per day to increase circulation and blood flow.

I have long thick hair, so it's twice as bad, I have a drain strainer in the shower that helps with clogs.

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    I seem to have ridiculous amounts of hair - enough for three people probably. I lose tons of hair everyday, way more than 100 strands. I have to unclog my drains every week, pulling out gobs of hair. My floors are always covered in hair as well. It's always been like that. I guess I'm a big shedder.
    I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Hair can be so annoying.

Alice-my hairdresser says pre natal vitamins help! And omega3. Stop worrying or you'll make yourself bald!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^ yeah i try; its hard to stop worrying and i excercise to get rid of stress. but prenatal vitamins have too much iron in them so...i dont use those anymore. and i do try to get omega3...but sometimes i forget but thanks for the advice! i only wash my hair like twice a week to be honest with you b/c of how much i hate to see the hairs in my hands and on my back when they come out...i do need to massage more too; i think thats good advice.

oh thnx twitchy i kinda realized that but then i posted anyways b/c im a dork like that... dont ask!

and part of my personal policy here is that i dont erase posts i've written, if i write it then i will defend it but i wont erase and i wont apologize. well i apologize when i offend someone, but you know what i mean damnit!

Elite Member

alice i don't know if you've already tried henna but i use it all the time (i have used it since i was 14) and it really conditions and helps your hair to be thick and healthy...you may want to try it sometime if you haven't yet...

^ yeah i know! everyone tells me about it; i havent used since i was like 14 but at this point im doing everything i can..thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information