Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: How to fight oily skin

I have found that using too harsh of a product can actually make my face oilier. I also have rosacea, so it makes things difficult for me with what I can use. I have to blot all of the time too. But, I do have far fewer wrinkles than a lot of people my age.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

sounds weird but milk of magnesia mask works good
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

^omigosh I came directly to this thread to say the exact same thing..

I have always had a problem with oily (t-zone) especially around my nose and forehead.

I was reading a blog a couple of weeks ago and read a lot of praise about milk of magnesia and thought it was worth a try (and inexpensive).

can't say enough about how awesome this crap is for my face lol

I put face lotion on, then a thin layer of m.o.m, then foundation and my skin looks better than it ever has. I don't have to use face powder (still a habit to check and put a little on) but I really don't need to and I never thought I'd be able to say that.

ps.. it said on the blog not to put too much on b/c it can look streaky (white chalky streaks) I haven't had that problem.. it only takes a thin layer (don't use very much).

So are you basically using it as primer? I'll have to try this because my t zone is an oil slick.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks for the tips Moomies! I used to do some exercises to reduce the oiliness of my skin. It's true that we need to have a proper diet and exercise daily to have a beautiful and glowing skin. I am also using blotting sheet with mineral oil and I use it when my face is oily or dirty.

I had oily skin, and after applying these products, it became even oilier and made me break out more because of the oils. It was like this for a few years...
    How I solved it was just leaving my face alone by doing absolutely nothing...and then my skin returned to normal again
    I've also been applying extra virgin olive oil on my face some time before. It really calms the skin and helps break outs begone. And believe it or not, my skin dried out when I used it. Plus is apparently good for you. It normalized my skin.
    I do keep maintenance by using a product once in a while to clear dirty pores that maybe brewing

Bronze Member

Thanks for the tips for control skin oil, but you guys know that green tea also helps you to control oil on skin, you should try. It's really working good for me but if you guys want some fast results so you can visit some place there are some products for your relief.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; July 27th, 2014 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
    I had oily skin, and after applying these products, it became even oilier and made me break out more because of the oils. It was like this for a few years...
    yup. i used to fight my oily skin with astringents and other stuff that just dried it out and now i leave it alone, just use blotting paper when i get shiny but otherwise keep it moisturised and don't use anything other than that and a gentle cleanser. it may be a pain in the ass at times but in the long run, oily skin is a blessing and will age better than dry skin.
    faithanne and sam_h786 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

True, and once you get past a certain age the oiliness (in my case) improved. I tried to fight my oily hair and skin as a teenager but my mum told me to deal with it and in 30 years I would be so grateful because I wouldn't be as wrinkly or have grey hair. She was right on both counts.
    sputnik and sam_h786 like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Silver Member

I have really oily skin whether I am wearing make up or not. My face looks like an oil slick at the end of the day when I have make up on in particular. No amount of powder will keep my oily skin at bay. Whenever I tried something to control the oil it dried my skin out. So now I'm like f*ck it, remind myself that my skin won't age as quickly! Lol

Blot blot blot! In an emergency, those paper toilet seat covers make great blotting paper!
    sam_h786 and sputnik like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Remind me never to have an emergency.
    Air Quotes, sam_h786 and sputnik like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Haha. They are not poopy!
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I think I might be hitting the local hairdressing supplies place to try the perm papers idea as I have very oily skin and I'm a tightwad. Another thing that I've found to help me is to have more damn patience when doing my make up. I wash then dry my face and then give it a minute or so before I slap on my moisturiser so it is going onto absolutely dry skin. Then I wait another minute or so to make sure that its fully absorbed before applying my matt foundation and then wait a minute before powdering. That few minutes (in which I can potter about and get other things done) seems to have made a big difference in how soon I have to start blotting the oil away.

And to anyone who is bemoaning their young skin being oily I can tell you that it's definitely true about it helping your skin stay wrinkle free for longer. Last week I got into it with some idiot man who wouldn't accept that I hadn't had botox because I barely have a crease around my eyes. He was a tool who didn't know what he was talking about but after I'd run him off I was happy with the fact that I look younger than my years and haven't had to spend a fortune on special under eye creams and gels*. Stick with it, Oil Slickers, it WILL be worth it in the end.

*However I probably spent the same amount on mattifying moisturisers over the years that don't bloody work so I guess it all evens out.

EDIT TO ADD: In a moment of mad inspiration I decided to try something. Perm papers are very similar to the papers you use for hand roll tobacco so I decided to raid my tin and give it a go and whaddyaknow, it works! Just make sure you use them with the gummed strip pointing outwards, mmmkay? Nowhere near as good as the pre-powdered papers you can get but in a slicky emergency I now know I have something to fall back on as I don't go anywhere without my smokes. And at 25 pence a pack...
    sputnik likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

yes, rizla's work like a charm.....
    sputnik likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information