Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!! Serious skin problem!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

i've been on accutane, and antibiotics etc. the only thing that's ever worked for my face, and it's clear now, is clinique clarifying lotion 3. it dried those suckers right up. and i also use their gel moisturizer. its the only thing i've used in all my life that hasn't clogged my pores. i've tried other toners, but there is something about that stinging potion that works.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If you are on a health kick it COULD be toxins working themselves out of your system or maybe even a weird allergy. I once had a similar breakout on my forehead, all along the hairline, and it was some kind of bacterial thing which antibiotics cleared up. Go and see your doc or a dermatologist. I'm sure it's nothing serious, but if it's making you unhappy you need to consult an expert.
    I totally agree with A*O about toxins working their way out of your body since you are on a health kick. I have also heard that skin and digestion are related.

I have rosacea - so sometimes my face breaks out because it is pissed off from too much sun, too much heat, too windy, too cold, blah, blah, blah. And although I have very oily skin, I have to be so careful what I use because a lot of skin care products piss off my skin. I use mild products, metrogel, and a lot of oil blotting tissues.

Sometimes hairspray can cause breakouts.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Egolita View Post
    i've been on accutane, and antibiotics etc. the only thing that's ever worked for my face, and it's clear now, is clinique clarifying lotion 3. it dried those suckers right up. and i also use their gel moisturizer. its the only thing i've used in all my life that hasn't clogged my pores. i've tried other toners, but there is something about that stinging potion that works.
    isnt accutane really dangerous????

i get facials at my derm--they use glycolic acid, salicylic, and micro then they extract every pore with a little device...my best girlfriend has wreched acne and it not only cured the acne but it also got rid of the scars

and also, so cliche but proactiv is honestly the best product ever

Did you use any new make-up or dirty brushes or anything like that? I got a makeover from a make-up artist friend of mine and my face erupted like a volcano. I had horrible break outs just like what you're describing that lasted for about 2 months.

Is it clearing up a bit by now?
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

yes accutane is quite nasty. you cannot get pregnant on it. it has high amounts of vitamin a i believe, which can do mean things to your liver. i remember the blister pack of it having a picture of a baby with a ghostbuster cross thingie through every little pill blister. that was like, 13 years ago haha.

accutane WRECKED my friends skin---as with some, when it made her break out horribly (acne,, cysts, blackheads, etc) as they say its supposed to she wasnt worried---but even after she stopped breaking out she was left with HORRIBLE scars, even lines...accutane aged her horribly--no more zits but crater sized indents and scars from it. shes had tons of micro and acid peels which have helped immensly, but IMO not worth it bc she still isnt 100%

SVZ

my lips are still constantly dry from taking accutane

Meh, accutane made my skin even more photosensitive and dried it out a bit, but it got rid of most of my acne and I don't have any issues from it. I guess everyone reacts to it differently.
    2 years...

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

What do you do if you have acne scars? Would accutane work?

SVZ

Accutane's for active acne only. Scars would be laser, dermabrasion etc

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

I'm scared of the laser thing. I got an acne peel before, but it wasn't one of the really strong ones that does too much. But I have this little line on my chin from scars from acne and I can usually hide it with makeup, but I don't want it there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Did you use any new make-up or dirty brushes or anything like that? I got a makeover from a make-up artist friend of mine and my face erupted like a volcano. I had horrible break outs just like what you're describing that lasted for about 2 months.

Is it clearing up a bit by now?

Actually, I did clear up, but I had it for 4-6 weeks. I now think it was due to stress. I had just started a new job and I flip houses, and I had a house that wasn't selling. But everything's been resolved and it cleared up.

I am getting an occassional flare up now and again, but I think that's from not washing my face very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information