Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! My hands are so dry from the cold

I'm addicted to this Bee Bar stuff:

Bee Bar Beeswax Large Unscented Hand Lotion

When I use hand lotion, it seems to last for about five minutes. But somehow this beeswax stuff lasts way longer.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I am going to get some of the beeswax stuff. I remember years ago using some other bee stuff, burt's bees or something? It worked great also getting some non soap wash, I never thought of that! But I wash my hands all day long at work.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

I swear by Kiehl's products, particularly this hand cream. You put it on during the day, whenever you're feeling dry. It works sooo well, sinks in quickly.
    Unusually Rich-But Not Greasy At All-Hand Cream with SPF 10 | Kiehl's

Then at night, if you're really dry, you can put this on, and sleep in light cotton gloves. Its much heavier but really does the trick:
    Intensive Treatment and Moisturizer for Dry or Callused Areas | Kiehl's

Check your soap! If you can afford to do so, I highly recommend buying a castille (i.e. olive oil) based soap, it will not dry out your hands and has many healing qualities.

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

I work in a freezer. I used to have hands so dry they peeled and cracked at the knuckles and bled when I would bend my fingers. I bought name-brand moisturizers, I bought expensive lotions, I tried everything, but nothing helped.

I finally tried Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream and it is the only thing that works for me. I put this on and within 2 days my hands were healed! And before nothing had worked for me.
    My daughter has eczema and same thing, this is the only thing that works. It is really cheap, less than $3.
    Amazon.com: Avon MOISTURE THERAPY Intensive Hand Cream: Beauty

That was just what popped up from the search I did, you can find it at an Avon store or probably order it online.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummus View Post
    I work in a freezer. I used to have hands so dry they peeled and cracked at the knuckles and bled when I would bend my fingers. I bought name-brand moisturizers, I bought expensive lotions, I tried everything, but nothing helped.

I finally tried Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream and it is the only thing that works for me. I put this on and within 2 days my hands were healed! And before nothing had worked for me.
    My daughter has eczema and same thing, this is the only thing that works. It is really cheap, less than $3.
    Amazon.com: Avon MOISTURE THERAPY Intensive Hand Cream: Beauty

That was just what popped up from the search I did, you can find it at an Avon store or probably order it online.
    Oh,no! Did they quit making it?? Look at website!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh,no! Did they quit making it?? Look at website!
    It's probably still being made, Amazon is just out of stock.
    I swear by Arbonne. It actually plumps up the skin on my hands.
    No perfumes or oily feel. LOVE it!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Aveeno handcare has always worked for me. During the winter I wash my hands often and they get very dry.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

I used some Lush cuticle butter on my hands today and it was fantastic! Give it 5 minutes or so to soak in. My hands are still pretty good and I put it on hours ago.

LUSH --

Oh and all of their stuff is handmade, not tested on animals, and made from natural ingredients. For all of you who are into that sort of stuff
    Last edited by Tati; January 9th, 2009 at 09:19 PM.

One word. Cornhuskers. Just a tiny amount will make a world of difference. I promise. I couldn't find their website, but I did find this.

http://www.brands2liveby.com/product.aspx?id=265

I use a mosturieser I buy from the chemist - it's the stuff Doctor's prescribe to people with skin condtions. the chemsits in New Zealand, happily sell the basic versions, (ie without drugs like steriods added to it), to anybody who wants them. It's very, very thick and doesn't have any perfume in it so smells a bit odd, but it works wonders for me. Though your hands do sound worse than mine

There's no way in hell anything in Lush is made from natural ingredients when you can smell the stench coming out of that store from a block away, and going inside makes your nose burn
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It's what they claim....

LUSH Cosmetics: About LUSH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information