Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help! I am lobster red

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    *bump*

any ideas as to how to avoid or minimize the peeling? i'm still in the sore phase but i was planning on applying lotion several times a day but would love it if anyone had any other remedies i could try.
    To stop peeling from happening, I have used extra skin moisturizer twice a day until the redness of the burn subsides.

I would use one with shea butter, but first after you shower but on baby oil. It sinks right in, then I would try the shea butter over that.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Aloe gel will stop the peeling, I guarantee it. Slather it on morning noon and night.
    McJag, levitt, SuriCruise and 1 others like this.

fgg

thanks! i'm going to try to pick up a bunch of stuff at the drug store at lunch and see if it works.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Aloe gel will stop the peeling, I guarantee it. Slather it on morning noon and night.
    Aloe seems like it's good for almost any kind of minor burn. Last week, I burned my arm reaching over a boiling pot of soup to hand someone something. My FIL broke off a piece of aloe plant for me to use and the pain stopped almost instantly.

What about a warm shower with an oil based body wash, with a loofah? That will pick up and rub off peeling skin.
    Pure shea butter rocks for the skin.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I've only burned once in my life and it was AWFUL. I've never seen anything like it. I used polysporin when I realized how bad it was and it helped immensely. I treated the burn just like I had burned my skin on a frying pan.

I can't remember the last time I had a burn. But I use aloe vera gel on my husband when he gets one, so I can vouch for that.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

There is a Burt's Bees after sun lotion that works really well for healing/cooling a sunburn. Otherwise just moisturize all the time and it shouldn't be that bad.

fgg

oh, it was bad. basically my neck, shoulders and strips down my bathingsuit strap lines peeled off. i used baby oil after showers then some lotion with shea butter but then i went to vegas and the dry weather had me peeling immediately. it's been over a week and i still look like a monster.

i'm super scared about the damage i did to my skin but i'm going to go back to my derm to get checked out.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Honey is amazing for burns. It's sticky and awkward but if you put honey on the worst parts, then wrap it (not too tightly) with cling film and then gauze and it will help tremendously. The longer you leave it on the better obviously, but it's not the most comfortable feeling in the world. I swear if you struggle through it for a few hours it will help tremendously though.

I've found yoghurt really helps too, especially cold yoghurt.

**points and laughs at the white people**
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Aloe Vera gel works great but try cutting a cold tomato in half and rub it all over. Aboriginal lady told me to do it (probably as a joke!) but I did it and it really does feel good!.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    ^this^. I sunburned terribly when I was a kid (and no one used sunscreen because we wanted to tan) and my mom would go get one of her aloe vera cactus plants, and she would cut off a piece of it, slice it open and put the juice directly on my sunburn. It helped alot!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've been badly burnt a few times and what I've found to work is rubbing raw cucumber on your skin. I went from being a howling, naked wuss to being able to wear clothes over the sunburn in just a few hours.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information