Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried Clarisonic Mia Facial Brush or cheaper alternatives?

Silver Member

I like my Mia and have been using it for over 2 years. I think they came out with one with more speed settings. I still have problems with acne. Overall I like using it but I'm not sure if the brush itself makes your face cleaner, or that it takes a minute or more to shut off, so you are washing your face longer than if you do so by hand.

Gahh I'm breaking out again. I'm using retinol and mia, and salicylic acid too sometimes. Its like I'm waking up to a new pimple every few days.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but... I just bought one of these type (Mia) of brushes from my local Aldi (13).
    it came with multiplie heads (5? 6?) and runs on batteries (included!).

so, I've used it for the 1st time tonight with a cleanser (garnier "stop" vit c - no longer available I think? ) and then a thick 10-action night cream (also Aldi I bought it as hand cream for my desk but brought it home by mistake) (on sale 2 - I've had great results with some other of their face creams previously).
    Seems fine, but - does any one have any recommendations re rosacia?* I thought I had a memory of someone with it using one??? * products or method.
    Also - method. I did it with the cleanser, rinsed my face to remove any residue then moisturised. I never user toner ever. Well, maybe on a cotton bud on a zit.. Way too harsh for my skin.

my method of face washing in my 20s was a rough flannel & hot water (and I mean hot!), give it a good scrub then a bit of a steam & pat dry. I tried to reinstate this but it wasn't working for me (flannels, bugs etc. don't ask ) I am going that this is the modern equivalent.
    Free Charmed.

I friggen love my Mia. I've been using it for a year now and my skin has never been better. Especially pore size. They are practically invisible. I don't know much about rosacea. But I found this site for you. They are specifically talking about the Sonicare Mia at this link.
    Clarisonic User Reviews : Rosacea Support Group

I continue to buy and use the foaming face wash that came with my kit. I absolutely love it. I have very oily skin, and this exfoliates and leaves my skin feeling clean, not stripped and tight.

Novice likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Aw! Sprynkles! Thank you!
    i think that the (new) face cream has ret A in it or similar, my face was very inflamed today.
    I will def check out that site!

My skin is dry & sensitive where I have the rosacia the rest is dry but not-so-sensitive.
    Free Charmed.

Just saw a great deal on a Mia through Brad's Deals at Macy's. $74 w/ free shipping.

Clarisonic Mia $74 Shipped

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but... I just bought one of these type (Mia) of brushes from my local Aldi (13).
    it came with multiplie heads (5? 6?) and runs on batteries (included!).

so, I've used it for the 1st time tonight with a cleanser (garnier "stop" vit c - no longer available I think? ) and then a thick 10-action night cream (also Aldi I bought it as hand cream for my desk but brought it home by mistake) (on sale 2 - I've had great results with some other of their face creams previously).
    Seems fine, but - does any one have any recommendations re rosacia?* I thought I had a memory of someone with it using one??? * products or method.
    Also - method. I did it with the cleanser, rinsed my face to remove any residue then moisturised. I never user toner ever. Well, maybe on a cotton bud on a zit.. Way too harsh for my skin.

my method of face washing in my 20s was a rough flannel & hot water (and I mean hot!), give it a good scrub then a bit of a steam & pat dry. I tried to reinstate this but it wasn't working for me (flannels, bugs etc. don't ask ) I am going that this is the modern equivalent.
    I have rosacea and very sensitive skin. I use the clarisonic mia but not on a daily basis in combination with a mineral cleanser and then apply a rosehip-based moisturizer. No toner, no exfoliant. The head bristles I use for the mia is delicate.
    "That's why you don't buy the cow you just pee on it." - Air Quotes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information