Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried Clarisonic Mia Facial Brush or cheaper alternatives?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Me too!!! I hate it! WHY???

I know. Without moisturiser I'm flaky and greasy, with it I'm just greasy. MAKE UP YOUR MIND, FACE! Thank god the brush I use is soft enough not to irritate my skin every time I use it like mostly every facial scrub I've tried has.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

For those of you who have a two speed Mia, do you use the lower or higher speed? I was using the low speed at first and then a few days ago I turned it up to the higher one and I think I like it better. I just have the brush resting on my skin, not scrubbing or anything.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    What brush head are you using ?
    I am using the sensitive brush head. And I am using a cream cleanser now but I may consider moving to a natural castor oil/EVOO cleansing oil blend. Maybe it is the cleanser.

I'm also thinking about purchasing the delicate brush head the next time. Maybe my skin is just super sensitive.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I use the roughest brush and put my clarisonic on turbo. (has about 4 settings) My skin is strange.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I use the deep pore brush and the highest speed. My skin loves it too.

And I'd totally be wary of a derm who advised me to stop using water, like in that blog post above. But that's just me and my skin.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yeah, I didn't understand what was wrong with water, either. It was an interesting article though.

I actually ordered the Clarisonic, and it's in my possession, but I think I'm returning it because I feel guilty for spending that much money at the moment and also because I just found it cheaper at Amazon.

Who knew that if you order stuff from Ulta, they make you bring back the free gifts too? What a pain in the ass. I never even want that stupid useless shit sent to me, now I have to remember not to pitch it.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

^ I find buying things at Ulta a giant pain in the ass , their coupons have way too many exclusion and the people that work there rarely ring up your order correctly , they forget to honor the bogo promos or have some weird restrictions on their promos with no mixing of brands
    Waterslide and Lalique like this.

^ I find buying things at Ulta a giant pain in the ass , their coupons have way too many exclusion and the people that work there rarely ring up your order correctly , they forget to honor the bogo promos or have some weird restrictions on their promos with no mixing of brands
    Yeah, they are really annoying. This all started because I had those stupid points from Ulta and thought I'd use them to buy the Clarisonic and then I had a thing to get $10 off and I swear it said no exclusions and then suddenly of course, it was excluding the Clarisonic. I know most stores have exclusions, so when I go through the trouble of reading what's excluded and not seeing the word Clarisonic, I think I should be in the clear. It really pissed me off. And on top of it, I don't think they applied my points anyway. They might have, at this point I'm just confused. And they don't let you check out without picking what free gifts you want, and I didn't want any of them, and then they're so worried they won't get them back. I just think it's tacky. I mean, is there really some huge scam out there where people are buying stuff at Ulta on the off chance they'll get a good sample of something? I could go to a department store or Sephora and get all the free samples I want of stuff I actually like and would use. Sorry, it's just irritating to me. /ulta-festo

Anyway, so the sensitive brush that comes standard with the Clarisonic Mia, that works? I have sensitive enough skin, but I figured I'd rather have the normal brush or the deep pore one or whatever, because otherwise I don't think it would really be of much help to me.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

I use the sensitive and delicate brush . Even with the sensitive brush it still works , that was one of the main reason I bought it . I haven't tried the deep pore brush yet . You could get the Clarisonic at QVC and get it on easy pay. I have returned stuff before and they are really good about and they have one as the Today Special Value a couple times a year and its normally a really good buy.

I use the acne brush with the lime green strip on it. When I went to get replacement brush heads the salesperson was telling me how the acne brush head was the most sensitive and least abrasive and I didn't realize there was a "delicate" brush and a "sensitive" brush. I hate the acne cleanser that comes with it, though, and just use my regular Purpose cleanser that I get from WalMart.

I use the sensitive and delicate brush . Even with the sensitive brush it still works , that was one of the main reason I bought it . I haven't tried the deep pore brush yet . You could get the Clarisonic at QVC and get it on easy pay. I have returned stuff before and they are really good about and they have one as the Today Special Value a couple times a year and its normally a really good buy.
    Hmm, that's a good idea, I should check it out on QVC. The one at Amazon is $94, well actually it went up $5 since I last posted. I have to give that some thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I use the acne brush with the lime green strip on it. When I went to get replacement brush heads the salesperson was telling me how the acne brush head was the most sensitive and least abrasive and I didn't realize there was a "delicate" brush and a "sensitive" brush. I hate the acne cleanser that comes with it, though, and just use my regular Purpose cleanser that I get from WalMart.

OK, that kind of makes sense. If the Mia comes with the sensitive brush, it's not the least sensitive, it should work OK I'd think.

I have never had any luck with cleansers at all, so I'm hoping it's going to work with Dial soap.
    ~Manx Mouse

Before I asked for the Clarisonic I debated with myself a little because of the price, but I think it was worth it for the difference it has made in my skin. I have a friend that just turned 40 and she never washes her face. She wears a shitton of make-up and goes to bed with it on and then bakes herself in the tanning bed regularly. Whatever comes off in the shower while she's washing her hair is what passes for washing her face. I'm wondering if her bad habits will ever catch up to her or if this facial skin stuff is just genetic lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Before I asked for the Clarisonic I debated with myself a little because of the price, but I think it was worth it for the difference it has made in my skin. I have a friend that just turned 40 and she never washes her face. She wears a shitton of make-up and goes to bed with it on and then bakes herself in the tanning bed regularly. Whatever comes off in the shower while she's washing her hair is what passes for washing her face. I'm wondering if her bad habits will ever catch up to her or if this facial skin stuff is just genetic lottery.
    Wow, I don't know how that works, I think it is just luck. I've heard of people just washing their face with a washcloth and water - no soap or cleanser of any kind, but at the end of the day, I'd rather scrub my face with a brillo pad and rubbing alcohol if it meant I'd be getting the makeup off my face. When I first went to a dermatologist years ago, the first thing he said was, "Water and Dial soap!" which made my Mom happy, because that's what she'd been telling me for years. Cleansers alone just never work for me, nor do bars like Neutrogena. Then I started making my own soap and that has been the first soap I've been able to use other than Dial, even when I add a bit of essential or fragrance oils to it, or a little bit of color, though I rarely do it. Lately I've been using a soap I colored with natural red clay, and the clay is supposed to draw out impurities, but so far so good. My face doesn't break out with it.
    ~Manx Mouse

When I hit puberty my mom hauled me to the Clinique counter as recommended by the dermatologist in an effort to help my "problem" skin. I used it during my teen years despite the fact that it didn't agree with me because the Clinique ladies assured my mom that it would work eventually. That yellow moisturizer they push is, hands down, the crappiest stuff I've ever willingly put on my skin. I can't imagine how it's one of the most popular lotions. The yellow gel is okay, but no better than anything I could pick up at WalMart.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

That yellow Clinique crap is evil, I don't know anyone that hasn't had a disaster story about using it, but yet it's a big seller I guess. I don't remember what my dermatologist told me to use for moisturizer, but I think I used to use L'Oreal a lot back then.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information