Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried Clarisonic Mia Facial Brush or cheaper alternatives?

Mine has a drying stand too (Aria), I leave it standing in my medicine cabinet when I'm not using it.

I remove the head and wash it with antibacterial soap, put it on the stand and dry it standing, but hanging it off a counter ledge would be the same if your doesn't have a stand.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I just bought the Seabreeze Mia. My skin looks like hell ever since I entered premenopause. My skin is greasy and my cheeks break out in red bumps. I really hope this will help!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Just got my Mia today. I want to use it tonight, but it says I have to charge it for 24 hours!! I'm way too impatient.
    gas_chick and choozen1ne like this.

Me too!!! It is charging as I type.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Me too!!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

For anyone who is a tightwad or doesn't have the budget for a Clarisonic type device try and get hold of a standard facial exfoliating/polishing brush. I got mine from Superdrug for just a few pounds and I use it morning and night with good results. Even though I have nightmare greasy skin it also likes to be contrary and will go flaky at the drop of a hat. Between that and Bio-Oil on an evening my severe acne scars are definitely less noticeable. I also find it useful for making sure that I have every scrap of makeup off at the end of the day.
    McJag likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I just started using my Clarisonic Mia about a week ago, and my skin is purging like a mofo. Ugh. Hope this phase is over quick.
    Lalique likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Even though I have nightmare greasy skin it also likes to be contrary and will go flaky at the drop of a hat.
    Me too!!! I hate it! WHY???
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I just started using my Clarisonic Mia about a week ago, and my skin is purging like a mofo. Ugh. Hope this phase is over quick.
    I'm at the same point as you, Manx. What kind of face wash are you using?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

I've been using mine since Saturday. I haven't had any purging but I love how soft my skin feels after I'm done.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

My mom bought me a Mia with purple zebra stripes for xmas... my face went through a really bad purge but it is starting to clear up and so soft.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Found a review of two the two brands- Olay Pro X Cleansing System vs. Clarisonic

I just use wash cloths, but I've never really had bad skin issues. I thought this review was interesting, I just read it the other day:Cleaner Than Clean - Garance Doré

After hearing all the hullabaloo about the Clarisonic brush (that vibrating facial brush), “My skin is softer than ever!!!” “I’ve never had pores so clear!” “I love my brush so much I take it to bed with me!!!” I ended up going to Sephora to see for myself…
    À force d’entendre parler de la brosse Clarisonic (une brosse faciale vibrante), “Ma peau est plus douce que jamais !!!” “Je n’ai jamais eu des pores aussi propres !” “J’aime tellement ma brosse que je dors avec !!!” , j’ai fini par aller faire un tour chez Sephora pour me faire ma propre idée.
    As soon as I walked in, the Clarisonic stand jumped right out at me. It was as shiny as can be. Right smack dab in the middle was the brush, with the soft allure of a nightstand sex-toy on its throne. I walk up, feel its bristles. Wow, it really is so soft. I make it vibrate. Hmmm, good vibes.
    I grab a sales clerk:
    “What do you think of this thing? Is it a little to abrasive? What product do you use it with? I have shiny skin and my one and only goal in life is to get my skin to be matte. Would this work for me? And do the little bacterias sit around and multiply in the bristles?”
    This is what she says:
    “Oh no no no. I love this thing. It’s not abrasive at all! Just feel the brush, touch it, TOUCH IT!!! It’s so soft. You can use it with your usual makeup remover. And just for total disclosure, I have shiny skin too. I bought one and well, look at the result!!! HOW GREAT IS THAT!?!?!
    Surprised, I smile at her with wide eyes. Total disclosure – I was amazed by just how shiny her skin was, like, you could see it from across the store: Her skin was shiny, I mean shiny, like really really shiny!!! Worse than a glazed donut. And if that’s what it does… Euhhhh…
    I leave empty handed, a little disappointed, but still a little intrigued.
    Ok. It was time to give a call to my skin savior, my skin’s best friend, the guru of my happy pores, the person whom leaving behind in Paris is my biggest regret in life… My dermatologist, the dear Doctor Marie-Catherine Planté.
    Right off the bat, I ask her what she thinks of Clarisonic. She doesn’t seem too convinced (remember, she was the one who told me to stop using water), tells me that she’s going to look into a few things, and a few days later, I get an e-mail from her… Here’s a quick synopsis:
    “Bonjour Garance,
    I took a look time to study this skin torture device! Like I told you on the telephone, I’m going to have to put myself in the con-column against this machine.
    So. Keep it simple: Your skin,when it comes to your face, have sebaceous glands that secrete sebum, a little greasy film that protects it. By continually destroying this sebum which is a normal bodily function and a protector, you’re putting your skin in danger.
    The more we scrub the skin, the more it thickens to protect us.
    It’s the same with exfoliation. It’s paradoxical, but it actually makes the skin thicker. So you think you’re refining the texture of the skin, you’re actually doing the opposite. And all the tiny little cavities and other lesions will burrow deeper which can end up giving the skin a grainy looking appearance. The skin will become like a memory foam mattress!
    I think women should respect their faces like they respect their Louboutins : no water, no brushes, no abrasive products.
    Talk to you soon Garance!”
    Well. I think I made up my mind… I will stick to my essentials.
    Whet about you, what do you think ? What is your favorite way to clean your skin ?
    PS : A big thank you to Dr. Planté!!!
    The comments at the link might be worth reading if you are debating using one.

I've had mine for a month - I'm not sure I like it. It makes my skin very tight and dry after use. So much so that I'm down to using it maybe 3 nights a week tops. I really bought it for light exfoliation in the interest of better skincare product absorption. 3x a week seems fine for that.

Still, I'm not sure I'd recommend to others. I think it's overpriced and overhyped.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

What brush head are you using ? I accidentally used the normal brush head for about 3 minutes and I thought my skin was on fire . I have had mine for 3 years and I use it about 3 of four times a week and I like using a cleanser that foams up a little versus something like Cetaphil that has no foam. The no foam cleanser cause too much friction and they leave a little makeup residue . I have been using MAC Cleansing Oil over the last two months with the brush and so far I like the results.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information