Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Haircuts That Take Off 10 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Same here. Don't have the face for it at all. My hair is quite long and I love it like that. I look like some bored aging soccer mom with short hair.
    My face is too round for short hair. Makes me look like Charlie Brown.

Tati, t's amazing what a great haircut can do!

Mine is longer now but I had a Brazilian Blowout done 7-8 weeks ago. Up until then, I had been wearing mine curly. That stuff made my hair so super soft and healthy that it was actually more work to wear it curly than to blow it out. I think I once got it straight in 7 minutes (usually closer to 20). Highly recommend it!

^^^ My girlfriend works in a modern salon and she said they no longer do Brazilian blow outs because they don't last long enough. I have tight spiral curls (natural) and was seriously thinking about getting a blow out until she told me that. I *hate* blowing out my hair. Even though it's thinning (so, so much stress in the last two years), it takes forever.
    Bluebonnet and Bellatheball like this.

I'm the laziest mofo ever. I haven't a haircut in more than 2 years. Parts of it are nearly down to my waist (and parts of it aren't), it's about 4 different shades of L'Oreal brown + some grey, like geological layers from an archaeology site.

I just can't be arsed to go to a salon, have some snottly little chicklette tsk her tongue at my mange, and try to persuade me to be more stylish at 'my age'.

So I just pile the whole thing up on my head, clip it into a windswept bouffant and live with it. Fuck it.

And I kid you not, people compliment me on my hair. I can hardly even get it brushed out anymore. What are they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    I just can't be arsed to go to a salon, have some snottly little chicklette tsk her tongue at my mange, and try to persuade me to be more stylish at 'my age'.
    ROTFL!! I know what you mean. Back in the early 2000's, when the flat irons and the straight, straight hair was "in", I'd walk into a salon with my naturally curly hair, and the little chicklets would be plugging in the flat iron before I even sat down. They would insist on blowing it out and flat ironing it and I would tell them: "This will last all of 1 hour." Sure enough (depending on the humidity outside), by the end of the day, the curl had been blown out but the frizz would return so I looked like a q-tip.

I find it much easier to wear my hair curly.
    Nevan likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I got a hair cut this morning,my favorite lady at my hometown worked her magic again.I am a very happy old girl now and i look good if i say so myself..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Silver Member

I finally updated my page boy bob a month ago. The hairdresser suggested layers and I said sure, go ahead. I like it. Hair grows, it's not the stupid end of the world to cut it!
    Novice and BelledeJour like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    I finally updated my page boy bob a month ago. The hairdresser suggested layers and I said sure, go ahead. I like it. Hair grows, it's not the stupid end of the world to cut it!
    That's how I feel about it. Color too - if it looks terrible, it can be fixed. I'm a natural blonde (not as light as it used to be without some help), but I've darkened it, reddened it, lightened it, whatever over the years. The only time I had a true disaster was in high school when I put Nice and Easy black on it. I assumed it would wash out - not so much. When the blonde roots grew back in, I looked like a damn skunk. It took two days and about 400 bucks at my mother's stylist to bleach it and dye it back to some semblance of a normal color. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ My girlfriend works in a modern salon and she said they no longer do Brazilian blow outs because they don't last long enough. I have tight spiral curls (natural) and was seriously thinking about getting a blow out until she told me that. I *hate* blowing out my hair. Even though it's thinning (so, so much stress in the last two years), it takes forever.
    Mine was perfect for about 6 weeks. It slowly wore off over the next 6 weeks. If you are paying $300+ for it, it's TOTALLY not worth it. Mine cost me a $100 Athleta gift certificate.

^^^^ what type of hair do you have, Bella?

I have very thick, very curly hair.

You have beautiful hair Bella!
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I always wondered at what point you give up and go with the old lady hair. It's got to be a generational thing because my mom and her friends in their mid 60s haven't done it but the ladies just a few years older have done it for years.
    I always thought it was something to do with what they did in their youth, because my mom, 75, hasn't hone that route. Thank goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I got a hair cut this morning,my favorite lady at my hometown worked her magic again.I am a very happy old girl now and i look good if i say so myself..
    Effie, your hair always looks terrific, I liked your pixie cut.

Tati - I like that cut!

My hairdresser is a really good friend, now
    I just tell her "pls just work your magic" because I know that she will make me look fabulous, her saloon's reputation is very important to her.
    My hair is very dark (I'm Celt, black hair, pale skin, blue eyes) and she only agrees to certain colours (eg Kim Kardashian blond was out...) But I've been lots of different colours.
    Shape is a different matter, being overweight I have not wanted to go short, also as my hair is now 3-4 inches away from my waist its a balance between me finding it unmanageable & him loving it ugh.
    Now my hair is long, somewhat curly and very very thick. It takes them a good 45 mins to dry it. Me? I rarely dry it + just pull it into a clip or a ponytail and its boring boring boring!!!!
    I saw my friend the other day & said that I think I need 3 inches off.....
    Free Charmed.

I love women with curly hair. I'm jealous. You hear me? JEALOUS!!!
    Whenever a friend tries to suppress her curls I'm going "Gurl, rock those gorgeous curls out!" They don't realize how gorgeous it is.
    And here's me. I'm growing out a short almost pixie cut I had last year so now I resemble something from the 60's.
    I could be on the Mary Tyler Moore show. Except, I'm much more wicked than she was in all her seasons combined. Buahahahahaa *slaps knee*
    I also notice my hair has become super dry the last few years. It changes color from a vibrant brown with natural multi-tone highlights to a drab color of mud.
    Nexus used to do wonders in bringing out the brown, but now... not so much.
    I'm keeping it up in a bun til I get it all below shoulder and one length, then I'll search in vain for a picture of the 'perfect haircut' which I can't seem to find to show a stylist since every time I try to explain, I get something stupid and wrong for me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I have very thick, very curly hair.
    I think this older woman with thick curly hair is pretty:

louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

it is but over 60 your hair become thinner..i know many women with this hair style but they have half the hair on their scalp.It all depends of the kind of hair you have..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information