Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haircut disaster thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Once I went to dye my hair at new salon and the stupid lady dyed it WAY too dark. I told her dark blonde and she fucking dyed it brown (dark hair does NOT look good on me). I looked like death. It was awful. She had to put something to release the color (no idea what it's called). Never went back to that place again. That was college.

When I was a 5, my mother decided to cut my hair short. Like really fucking short, boy-style. I was so pissed and cried and cried and cried. Since then, never have I ever worn my hair that short again and honestly think I have a complex about it. I've been saying I'll cut my hair into a bob for awhile now but cannot bring myself to do it. I just can't part with the longer hair.
    This takes me back to when I was a kid. I had my long hair cut short into a bowl haircut. Think of young figure skater icon, Dorothy Hamill. I was devastated. I mean, it was only hair, but I honestly felt hideous. And kids teased me saying I looked like a boy. And to this day, I refuse to cut my hair any shorter than shoulder length.

Oh, and on that note, I was growing my hair out and silly me...my mom suggested I get a perm...yeah, I had a perm at seven. Her friend did home perms, and if I remember correctly, the perm solution was called Toni. She used these really tiny perming rods, and, well, I ended up looking like the girl in the pic. I'd show you my actual pic, but I ripped it up years ago. What the hell was my mom thinking?

Rock the fuck on!

I cut off two ponytails that came to the middle of my back when I was 7, my mom had to cut it all even....then she gave me a....
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

to be continued?

I'm scared now, going to the hairdresser (cut + dye job) Saturday
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

This thread just reiterates my undying fear of hairdressers and how easily they can destroy your appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Oh, and on that note, I was growing my hair out and silly me...my mom suggested I get a perm...yeah, I had a perm at seven. Her friend did home perms, and if I remember correctly, the perm solution was called Toni. She used these really tiny perming rods, and, well, I ended up looking like the girl in the pic. I'd show you my actual pic, but I ripped it up years ago. What the hell was my mom thinking?
    My Mom never gave up the dream that my sister & I would have beautuful curls. We were permed regularly-even though my sisters hair was so straight that it would come out of the culers in squares-sharp angles! Mine had a finer texture, so it would just slide out-back to bone straight. Poor Mother.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Default Re

When I was 5 I got my hair cut and the hairdresser gave me short-short bangs. I said the F word afterward even though I had no idea what it meant and I got in a lot of trouble.

This was back in the early 60s before children were generally foul-mouthed so it was considered quite shocking. I remember my parents conferring in another room as they tried to come up with an age-appropriate definition of the F word. I believe they came up with "the mating of animals" or something like that.

To this day I am hyper-anxious that the hairdresser is going to cut my bangs too short. Scarred for life!

^
    Funny you should say that. I'm the same way since having something similar happen. Last year a stylist I had seen a few times before trimmed my bangs way, way too short- like middle of my forehead short. My heart shaped face looked like a goddamn pumpkin for 4 months while they grew out. I was livid. I never went back to him or the salon again.

Funny this thread has popped back up again. I am looking for somewhere new to go to now that I moved. I just hate trying out new places, it seems nobody really does a great knock-my-socks-off job and I hate being a salon hopper. Especially at these prices, I've been finding cuts start at $65 and color/highlights start at $95. I'm afraid of having a haircut disaster at any price point!

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    When I was 5 I got my hair cut and the hairdresser gave me short-short bangs. I said the F word afterward even though I had no idea what it meant and I got in a lot of trouble.

This was back in the early 60s before children were generally foul-mouthed so it was considered quite shocking. I remember my parents conferring in another room as they tried to come up with an age-appropriate definition of the F word. I believe they came up with "the mating of animals" or something like that
    This cracked me the hell up. Shades of Ralphie in A Christmas Story when he drops the f-bomb.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Jeebus! And to think I was really upset when a hairdresser went mental and lopped 5 inches off my waist length hair after I specifically asked for just an inch at the absolute maximum off the bottom to straighten it up. Sounds like I got off lightly, although it upset me every night for ages when I went to plait it back at bedtime and had to stop plaiting waaaaay sooner than I was used to. I need to get it trimmed again but I just can't bring myself to go in case they go all Sweeny Todd on me again.

I get my hair cut tomorrow. Let us pray.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

In the past 15 years, I went to the hairdresser's about five times. I know why. I never had anything happen to me, but I've witnessed it many times.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Gold Member

I have learned one thing the hard way, if a stylist was really good, they'd be working at a salon and not a Great Clips or Hair Cuttery. On occasion there might be someone working that does do a pretty good job but don't expect to see them there for long.

I have so many bad hair cut stories. A few years ago I had finally grown my hair out to around my shoulders, it had a few layers in it from the previous short cut. I don't know what I was thinking but I went with my mom to Dolly. Dolly who cuts hair in a one chair salon in her house. Dolly who does little old ladies' hair and has had the same style FOREVER. After she tried to scratch my scalp off in the skin, she razored and yanked at my hair with scissors for about 20 minutes. I left with my hair so uneven and choppy, the best I could do for it was pull it into a ponytail AND I had to cut bangs back in because she only cut half of my hair there. When I finally made it in to my normal place, he couldn't get over the hack job. Down to pulling up a section in the back and showing me that it hadn't even been cut all the way either. My stylist said the way she had layered it was common in the 70s and 80s, they tried to avoid the shag style now that it was 2006!
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

The stupid hairtart gave my bf a dullet
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

my whole life is a haircut disaster... Here is my rough timeline...

4 yos - My mum takes me to a hairdresser for the first (and last time). She specifically asks for a trim. In the late 80's/early 90's , there was a popular haircut.. called "the lioness". Its like a mullet. Lets just say my mum was furious and vowed never to take me to a hairdresser again.
    Note the short spiky bits on top!!

4yo to 10yo
    After "the lioness" my hair was left to grow all the way to my ass. My dad gave me trims, including super short fringes which go to the middle of the forehead.

10yo to 17yo - I was sick of my long hair and made dad cut it off. Inspired by his childhood, he gave me a longer version of this....

That was my only real haircut during that time, and i started to trim it myself. I also began experimenting with all different shades of hairdye.. include "hair mascara".

17-18 - After finishing highschool .. i decided it was time i visited a real hairdresser. She lopped my hair off into a bob and it looked awesome.. finally a success!!

18-now- I have never found a hair dresser as good as that. Ever since that one awesome haircut.. i have had my hair cut into a shaggy mullet with ridiculously short layers, an uneven pob, orange streaks, fried hair... Currently, i have a set of layers sitting above my ears and for some strange reason the hairdresser thought it would be a good idea to take a single chunk of hair (on one side of my head) and cut it an inch long. And for a reason unknown to me, she decided to slide the razor scizzors through my fringe leaving it jagged and super thin. Who knows!!

i am vowing not to go to a hairdresser until my top layers are to my shoulders. I also vow that next time i go for a haircut i will be going to a training student hair salon... Why?? because its super cheap and the so called "professionals" are fucking up my hair.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information