20 22.47%
  • One layer

7 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Length

Default Re: Hair Length

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    WEll right now my hair sucks ass b/c of a relaxing accident I did to myself and have talked about ad nauseum on here, but its grown to about an inch away from my shoulders ( I have a long neck damnit! ) but the problem is is that its super thin so my hair looks shorter than it is and the part that used to be blonde is now a burnt crispy like substance similar to straw but more maliable, but my roots are kicking ass and growing in strong and dark!...only a couple more years and Ill have some normal hair! I refuse to cut any off except a little trimming by my own hands cause i've been traumatized and am afraid that it won't grow back and I don't trust hair "professionals" people anyway or their wicked wicked ways!

I personally prefer long hair and had it grown to almost the middle of my back when I did this to myself so i went from long hair to a short shaggy mop top in a 24 hour period
    alice i have related to your story before. my hair was fried (from an "accident"), and all of it was damaged, the top part eventually fell out! i have had long hair all my life, so this was really depressing. it still is. two years later, my hair is still messed up. i have it a little past my shoulders, but i have to keep cutting it as the top layers of hair grow out. you have a long neck, well, i have a long head! plus, some of the new healthy hair isn't quite so healthy, considering i had to use some heat styling products to make my hair presentable at all. it was either that or getting my hair cut up to my ears, which i couldn't do. i'm still haunted to this day by the "accident". i know it's just hair, but it still seriously bothers me! i need to start taking my vitamins again.

Elite Member

've got long hair several inches past my boobs and want it to be maybe a few inches longer. Also have layers, the shortest arriving just around my chin.

I hate my hair short, even at medium length, but I would kill to find out if I could pull off one of those edgy little faux-hawks like Sharon Stone is sporting or even like Kim from last season's ANTM.

I just hate people assuming I'm a bimbo because I have long blonde hair.

My aunt had hair down to knees and one day she came over and it was all cut off. She had an accident in a public toilet and freaked out and to this day, she never has her hair past her neck.

My hair is almost all one length to the top of my butt and I hate it! I want to cut it but don't want it too short. I don't know what to do with it! It is getting a pain to put highlights in it now. Plus my husband would kill me if I got it cut past my shoulders. It is just getting so heavy now.

Do you all think that taking pre-natal vitamins makes your hair grow faster? Or do you think it is hormonal changes that come with pregnancy, but people attribute it to the vitamins because they tend to do both (be pregnant and take prenatal vitamins) at the same time?

Gold Member

My hair has traumatized me since it decided to sprout off my bald little head when I was a baby. It's very thick, very wavy in some spots, kinky curl in others. It is very hard to control so my parents in an effort to be helpful always made me get it cut short. The real reason being that I couldn't take care of it, it was always knotted up at the nape of the neck and frizzy. 20 plus years later I know it's because they didn't want to fuss with it either and they didn't know what they were doing. So, it always looked hideous between 2nd and 6th grade. I washed it, I brushed it, but that was about all I could do. 7th grade came and they made me get it cut short so I had this 50 year old woman hair cut. By 8th grade, it was on my shoulders, it was curling, I had found the perfect product and I was able to pull the front of it up. They take me to a salon and tell the woman that they're tired of hearing me complain and to cut it short, she combs it over and makes the first cut right above my ear. This was in '92 so you can picture the girl version of the "skater" cut that I had. I kept up with it and months later after she trimmed, I can't even get a small curling iron into the bangs. I swore I was never going to have it that short again. I went through high school growing it out and it looked pretty bad most days. By 10th grade it was back down on the sides and all but needed trimmed. I went to the hairdresser my grandmother went to (that should have been a clue) and she shaped it up but her idea of styling involved using hairspray on wet hair and pushing the hair down with her hands. Helmet hair. After that, I swore I wasn't going back to a "professional". I had cut it myself when it was short in between visits to the salon so I figured I'd be alright. By the end of 10th grade, I was able to do a faux ponytail, basically, I could pull it all back but it was a little nubby of a ponytail so I flipped that over and put a scrunchie over it and it looked like a bun. By the end of 11th grade it was about an inch past my shoulders, was never dry because it was always in a ponytail. I even wore it in a ponytail for my homecoming and prom that year. That summer I got layers put in and it was great. I was able to wear it down and curly. I kept it like that for the next 2 or 3 years. When I got married it was well past my shoulders and very thick and healthy. I just got tired of spending time to fix it everyday or having it up in a ponytail or a clip. I went and got it pretty short again and kept it that way for a couple of years. Then my super wonderful hairstylist moved to a salon over an hour away and much more money. I grew it out, had it in clips and barrettes again. She came back, it got short again and she moved again. This time I followed her because I didn't want it to get bad again. Then I got poor for awhile and I started growing it out and then my friend's sister cut it for me and I really liked it but it wasn't the same when she cut it the second time. I started cutting it myself again and everyone liked it and complimented me on it, so it couldn't have been too bad. So, after getting it a little too short in the back one night (I can't blend it if I can't see it) I had to go and get it done. She's been doing a great job on it and I decided I wanted to grow it down to about my shoulders. It's long enough at that length to be able to pull it up loosely or I can dry it and straighten or just let it air dry and be curly. People think it's less work when it's short but the truth is, I have to dry it and style it in place when it's short. When it's long and layered, I have the option of only drying the front and letting the rest go. I figure I'll go through the whole process of getting it long again and then decide that it's a pain and get it short again forever.

I think short hair is easier. Yes, I have to style it every day, but it's really, really fast styling. When my hair is longer I have to spend forever styling it, when it's short it takes less than 5 minutes.

A few years ago I cut my hair very short and I really liked it. I meant it to be a sleek, straight style, but to my surprise it curled up. I didn't mind, though. Only thing was I had to get it trimmed every few weeks or so to keep it short. Eventually, I decided to let it grow out and now it is fairly long now.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Long hair (a little below my waistline), in layers and with a degrade from under chin to bottom.

Elite Member

I have long hair, a little above my waist and it's one length. I flat-iron it straight so it doesn't look all puffy. I guess I have that Cher or Demi Moore look going...the older I get, the lazier I get about fixing it. No more cute haircuts for me. I just wear it long and that's it.

Long hair near my waistline. I have it layered as I have thick hair as well.
    Rock the fuck on!

I have beach hair: really long, one length, sun bleached.

I recently cut my hair for the summer because it had gotten fairly long and it was driving me nuts. I had it up in a ponytail most of the time. Now it just grazes my shoulders. To my surprise, I do sort of miss the length at times. I really don't understand how you ladies can stand having super-long hair. I'm sure it's very pretty, but it seems like it might be kind of a burden.

Silver Member

Mine is just about waist length but the layers start at my shoulders with sideswept bangs. I do hair and am constantly asked if I have extensions.

sadly, my hair is pretty yucky. it is just inching past the bra strap length, with a half-way perm. .

unfortunately I had GREAT thick hair when I was younger, but in my mid-30s I fell victim to genetic related thinning. So now I have probably maybe a third of what I did and it is fragile.

I've tried everything known to man short of voodoo to fix my hair with no real lasting result. I do use Rogaine, it does work, but it doesn't preform miracles either.

one day I may just shave it off and buy a dolly parton wig. lol

I'm letting mine grow out this summer - bangs, length all of it.
    I have a few hair do's I can get away with via sunglasses and a sloppy chic beach look so I may loose the bangs this fall.

I miss the crazy long hair to my waist even though I bitched about it being everywhere and after cutting it I wondered what the big deal about the long locks was... funny how things change.

*shrug*
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information