Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Help Needed - Advice on Cut/Restyle

[QUOTE=sputnik;2550574]i have a roundish face and a cut similar to the one someone linked to upthread:

when you have a round face the key is volume.
    i think these cuts are flattering:

This is funny because I tore this haircut out from the magazine a few years ago and had this cut and variations thereof for a couple of years. It's great around the face. Then I grew the side fringe below my ear. Novice, all these pictures are terrific. Print them out and see how your stylist can tailor it for you. The Aniston one in the black tank with the wedge in the back might be great for your hair texture.
    As long as it's long layered around your face your hair will always appear long.

A*O

It's a sad fact that long hair can be very ageing. You don't have to go short, but you do have to go different so yes, lotsa layers through a shoulder-length bob and great colour(s) should tick most boxes. The trick, as usual, is to find a really great cutter - easier said than done. If you know anyone whose hair you like ask them who does it and go for a consult. But promises yourself you'll be brave and step out of your comfort zone a bit. A fab new hairstyle is a real confidence booster.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thanks A*O - I can say how much I love my hairdresser, I trust her as my hair always looks fab. Great colour, lots of shine, great cut. It's just boringboringboring...

Chalet - I'm currently doing the side-swipey-fringe as I'm growing bangs out, so it might be the way to go. She laughs (or is that giggles manicaly!) when she cuts layers in because my hair bounces up as the weight it cut off... So I guess I'll have to be careful so it doesn't go fuzzy! Lol!
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Hairdressers have learned through bitter experience that it's not a good idea to 'mess' with a customer's hair unless specifically instructed to do so. Most women are extremely cautious about doing anything even slightly different, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. If you trust your hairdresser then have this conversation with her. Look through hairstyle mags and ask her to suggest ones she thinks will suit you. I change my hair all the time - it's very liberating. And hairdressers LOVE being trusted to do something more creative and different.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I know it sounds crazy (but I have just spent more than one weeks wages on two flights to Prague....) but I like this, I like the movement in it...

I like this too, but I don't know it I'm brave enough to go with it.... I might print this page & take it to my hairdresser & just tell her to work her (usual) miracle.....
    i love aniston's cut in the pictures you posted. it's got lots of volume and movement. that's because of the cut but it's also styled and probably has some kind of product in it - probably a texturising mousse to 'lift' the roots. also, it helps that aniston has fabulous hair - very thick. the quality and quantity of your hair will determine whether the cut looks more aniston or more klum (though klum also has a bit of a long, sideswept fringe going on) - their cuts are very similar.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ooh I like Aniston and Klum's hair in those photos, and styles like that can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion. I've been using Your Highness by Tigi, it's like a root boosting gel cremey stuff and it's amazing for volumising if that's something you need assistance with.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

You are so lucky to have found an awesome hairdresser that you can trust. I'm still searching for the "one".

Anywho, I reckon start of with something like this:

And if your feeling like a bit more of a change.. take it shorter and go for something more like Aniston or Klums. Probably chuck in a few highlights for the fun of it!! Voila!
    Last edited by Sleuth; September 27th, 2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: damn picture ran away!!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Oh no! Sleuth, I only get a little blue box with a question mark...
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Oh no! Sleuth, I only get a little blue box with a question mark...
    I get the red x. We want to see!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

it's the same pic i posted of the chick in a tank top with a chanel necklace. don't know what her name is.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ It twas but I've had a change of thought. I'm thinking of a haircut mix of the blonde namless chick and Emily Deschanel.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

The Emily Deschanel cut is cute & must suit lots of people! I bet it's easy to do lots of different things with too.

How's this for irony... I washed my hair night & roughly dried it and, typically, it looked amazing!
    Free Charmed.

So...... saw my hairdresser this morning & during our consultation I mentioned that I hated the colour & found my hair boring. My exact words in response to "what are we doing to day" may have been "shave it all off & paint it pink".....

I have a great haircut! Since its so thick & a bit curly she razored the sides to give a lot of movement, she cut a couple of inches off the bottom & handpainted "mocca" colour on my very dark hair.

This sort of contrast, but much, much more subtle..

My cut looks a bit like this, but much thicker & longer...

ETA: I found this... which is very similar except I have a fringe & she weights half my bodyweight.....
    Free Charmed.

Well, that was painless! I am glad you are pleased with your new look. Sounds perfect!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am so more than pleased, its is amazing. My hairdresser has been cutting my hair from even before I actually moved up here; but she's been having neck-issues, discovered that she had a serious neck injury (put it down to "old" {over 40} age...) & can't cut much, but does supervise the girls. They're great too (or most of them are).
    As I said previously, I really trust her - since her reputation is caught up in my hair (& every customer's hair) looking good. She loves getting creative & like having a free hand but I know that I'll end up with a great hairstyle that looks great on me. Aw. I love my hairdresser!
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information