Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Going from Dark Brown to Ash Blonde?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    You know that there is a reason for that don't you? Hint: think about what you said about your college friend's hair....
    I agree with Kitty, go try on some wigs. You will be shocked by the results and it may change your mind.
    Mrs. Mohandas bought a long, blond wig for Halloween one year. That was pretty wild because I didn't realize how different she would look. I love dark hair, but it was a pretty neat effect. So, I agree that is a safe, and very reversible, way to feel out whether coloring your hair is advisable or not.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; August 12th, 2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Too much talking about myself....
    Novice likes this.

I was listening Mo! I especially like the bit that said "Novice is right"!!!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I was listening Mo! I especially like the bit that said "Novice is right"!!!
    And that was the way it was supposed to come across.

By the way, there was an episode of an old US TV show (ripped off from an older British TV show) called "All in the Family". In one episode, the wife of one of the characters has to wear a wig for some reason. The husband all of a sudden can't keep his hands off of her because he finds it so attractive. However, she is really offended because she thinks that it's like he is falling in love with another woman and cheating on her (even though it's her wearing the wig). I'm sure I'm explaining it really badly, LOL....
    Novice likes this.

You can try on hair colours virtually online somewhere. They all end up looking like ass, though, so I'm not sure how useful a tool it is...
    Novice likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    And that was the way it was supposed to come across.

By the way, there was an episode of an old US TV show (ripped off from an older British TV show) called "All in the Family". In one episode, the wife of one of the characters has to wear a wig for some reason. The husband all of a sudden can't keep his hands off of her because he finds it so attractive. However, she is really offended because she thinks that it's like he is falling in love with another woman and cheating on her (even though it's her wearing the wig). I'm sure I'm explaining it really badly, LOL....
    Yes, you are, but that is all part of your charm!

OMG!!! All in the Family revolved around the life of a working class bigot and his family. It is based on the British television comedy series Till Death Us Do Part.[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_in_the_Family
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Oh my gosh. I wasn't aware of that... I already have pretty fine hair, so hopefully the hair loss isn't too bad. It has always been stick straight, though, to the point where it won't hold a curl even if I try, so it would be nice if the texture changes a bit and I get a few waves! I wonder if it would grow back a different color, too. I've noticed that sometimes when people get chemo and lose their hair, when it grows back it's a different color than it was before, but I'm not sure if that's due to the chemicals in the medication or something else.
    It won't be as bad as chemo,but you have no idea until you are over the birthing. Only one person I know got te really severe loss kind. That took her over a year to grow back. Just keep your hair and scalp in the best shape and hope for the best.
    And avoid doing anything to upset your hair. Hormones will do enough damage.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Based on what you said I think you will pull a ton of warmth if you lighten. Let your hair and hormones relax after the baby. The urge to do something, anything, is going to get greater after the baby. It's like you as a person are forgotten, it will be nonstop baby stuff for the next 2 months at least. Set aside time for a massage, manicure, or whatever is the one quiet "pamper me" time you enjoy. Stay away from bleach.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information