Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls and makeup

Silver Member

My niece was like that when she was little. I think it just makes them feel "grown up." And them wanting to do it is just to feel closer to you, because you are doing it. Anyhow, for my niece and my friends little ones I always buy them LipSmackers or some kind of gloss. Nail polish, I would go light colors. Pastels or gloss. I remember when I was little it just seemed so glamorous. Very movie starish.
    Last edited by Lucky32; June 21st, 2007 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    When my daughter was younger, she loved nail polish. I got her a few age-appropriate colours for Christmas one year [because I don't wear any kind of make-up, so she can't just borrow mine] and she thought it was the best present ever. Now that she is a teenager and I would expect her to be into this stuff, she doesn't really bother with it. Now she likes jewelry.
    oh god don't tell me that lol i;m going to go broke aint i lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I dont think theres anything wrong with pink... be glad she wants pink not black, haha. I'm seeing alot of women around lately with black fingernails and toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    My niece was like that when she was little. I think it just makes them feel "grown up." And them wanting to do it is just to feel closer to you, because you are doing it. Anyhow, for my niece and my friends little ones I always buy them LipSmackers or some kind of gloss. Nailpolish, I would go light colors. Pastels or gloss. I remember when I was little it just seemed so glamorous. Very movie starish.
    I loved Lipsmackers when I was a kid. BonneBell too There was another flavored lipgloss that came in these little tin pots. The lid would slide off so you could get to the gloss. Village something??? Also loved the Maybelline clear strawberry gloss. The kind with the roller ball and glass tube!

^Lipsmackers were all the rage once upon a time. In more innocent times. Now i see little girls with mommy's lipstick on.

oh hell I wore black nail polish before "goth" was cool I just like the color black my mom never could get my ass in pink and to this day I hate Pink lol but i dress my baby girls in pink

^Dont you hate it when you're wearing something and then it becomes trendy? I've always been an individual as far as fashion goes and things I got 'picked' on for wearing would be in the shop a few weeks later and everyone woul be buying it because its the 'fashion' now. So annoying. At highschool on our casual clothes days i wore skirts and dresses while the girls wore pants and whatever the clothes shops were selling. I actually got picked on for dressing too feminine!

And now i noticed that alot of girls are dressing like Dita Von Teese- so shes no longer an individual either!

No one seems to remembers who wore it first once everyone is wearing it.

yep that's always a pisser

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I loved Lipsmackers when I was a kid. BonneBell too There was another flavored lipgloss that came in these little tin pots. The lid would slide off so you could get to the gloss. Village something??? Also loved the Maybelline clear strawberry gloss. The kind with the roller ball and glass tube!

I remember those tin pans...whoa, that took me back

I think it's kind of cute to paint their nails or let them wear lipgloss. That's no biggie...

I was watching "Sunset Tan" and there was a mother taking her young young child in to tan for school pictures. "Because she just looked a little pale in the last ones" That woman should be arrested.
    Here's an idea, maybe she should get outside and play (with sunblock) and then maybe she'd have a healthy glow!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I remember those tin pans...whoa, that took me back
    I loved those. I think I had watermelon or something

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Also loved the Maybelline clear strawberry gloss. The kind with the roller ball and glass tube!
    God I loved those. Your lips would be super glossy. That stuff was a little messy, but man o' man I would beg my mother for one everytime we went to the store. I went through them like crazy. They tasted so yummy. I am back on LipSmackers. I was reading the thread on Lip Gloss and tried the Dr. Pepper. My lips haven't been chapped since I started to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    God I loved those. Your lips would be super glossy. That stuff was a little messy, but man o' man I would beg my mother for one everytime we went to the store. I went through them like crazy. They tasted so yummy. I am back on LipSmackers. I was reading the thread on Lip Gloss and tried the Dr. Pepper. My lips haven't been chapped since I started to use it.
    I'm always tempted to buy the Dr. Pepper again

I had a load of those Maybelline lip glosses Kissing Potions in the glass tube! I loved those things. Do they still make those? 'Cause I could easily be pursuaded to pick one up.

I use Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker each and every day! It tastes exactly like Maybelline Kissing Coolers in Cherry Cola. To this day the Cherry Cola Kissing Cooler is the only lipgloss I've ever used every single ounce of to the bottom. I wonder if they still make that, too?

Last edited by Laurent; June 26th, 2007 at 07:21 PM.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Silver Member

Kissing Koolers! I haven't seen those in forever. I used to loooooooooove them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information