Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gag-worthy perfumes/colognes

A*O

Ref cavemen. I think you will find that the only people who find the natural aroma of a healthy vagina "yukky" (and I bet that's the word they'd use) are the women who own one (and how would they know anyway?). If it was that repulsive to men the delicate art of cunnilingus would never have been thought of, let alone perfected.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

The first (and only) time I have used a bidet, I was 9 years old, had never even heard of it, let alone seen one. Thought I'd broken the toilet, freaked the hell out of me.

Elite Member

Being the oldest grandchild on my father's side, I grew up hearing my male cousins making really derogatory comments about women who stunk 'down there'. Within family and 'guy talk', they would say how it was a big turn off. I've even had the gall to ask former boyfriends about that and they all said hell yeah, as a man, you do run across women who have really, really funky odor down there. If you think men (or even OBGYN's for that matter) don't notice, you're wrong. I do think 'some' vaginas do smell worse than others...lol Granted, I know it's not supposed to smell like a flower patch, but I do believe it's like anything else--mouthwash for the mouth, deodorant for the armpits and if needed, spray some FDS down there for certain times of the month.

As far as men go, I've been lucky. I've never really dated a man with bad body odor or one who sweated a lot. Only one comes to mind who I remember he NEVER EVER smelled fresh. He didn't smell bad, I just remember him not ever smelling good. Not even like shampoo. That was wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Being the oldest grandchild on my father's side, I grew up hearing my male cousins making really derogatory comments about women who stunk 'down there'. Within family and 'guy talk', they would say how it was a big turn off. I've even had the gall to ask former boyfriends about that and they all said hell yeah, as a man, you do run across women who have really, really funky odor down there. If you think men (or even OBGYN's for that matter) don't notice, you're wrong. I do think 'some' vaginas do smell worse than others...lol Granted, I know it's not supposed to smell like a flower patch, but I do believe it's like anything else--mouthwash for the mouth, deodorant for the armpits and if needed, spray some FDS down there for certain times of the month.

As far as men go, I've been lucky. I've never really dated a man with bad body odor or one who sweated a lot. Only one comes to mind who I remember he NEVER EVER smelled fresh. He didn't smell bad, I just remember him not ever smelling good. Not even like shampoo. That was wierd.
    Unfortunately, it is likely your family members were having sex with diseased women, women who didn't bathe or who had recently had sex with other men. These are the only medical explanations I kind find for these stinky women.

Elite Member

^ LOL!! Oh come on....not diseased women!! lol! Even doctors use that damn spray and often times put on surgical masks to cover their nose and mouth during exams. I've seen that on t.v. and even in person. I'm sure it's for the benefit of both the patient and the doctor.

I've mentioned before how my aunt is a cardiac nurse. Prior to that she did her internship in the OBGYN department at a hospital here. She has said that yes, unfortunately, some women aren't very clean down there...some shave, some don't, some smell, some don't...I don't think it has to do with them being diseased on all counts...some people just have worse body odor than others--even down there. Sometimes, during pregnancy, there is also more discharge (so I've been told, I don't know about that by experience). Which, if that's the case, there are products that can help with odor. Maybe even just a good washing or even wearing a good pantyliner. It's not bad, it's the human body, but it's fact. I don't think it's something to be upset about, but it's good to be aware...God knows that when I go get my pap smears, I'm mindful of that...and with sex, I'm not going to go sterilize my darn cooch every single time, but if I felt not so fresh, I wouldn't mind a good shower...lol

In an ideal world we'd all have great smells and no body odor. Unfortunately, that's not the real world. There are such things as bad breath, greasy hair, underarm sweat and vaginas that stink. With that in mind, there are things we (as humans) can do to fix or alleviate that. These aren't the cavemen days anymore. Cleanliness is next to Godliness...or so they say..lol

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    ^ LOL!! Oh come on....not diseased women!! lol! Even doctors use that damn spray and often times put on surgical masks to cover their nose and mouth during exams. I've seen that on t.v. and even in person.

I've mentioned before how my aunt is a cardiac nurse. Prior to that she did her internship in the OBGYN department at a hospital here. She has said that yes, unfortunately, some women aren't very clean down there...some shave, some don't, some smell, some don't...I don't think it has to do with them being diseased on all counts...some people just have worse body odor than others--even down there. Sometimes, during pregnancy, there is also more discharge (so I've been told, I don't know about that by experience). Which, if that's the case, there are products that can help with odor. Myabe even just a good washing. It's not bad, it's the human body, but it's fact. I don't think it's something to be upset about, but it's good to be aware...God knows that when I go get my pap smears, I'm mindful of that...and with sex, I'm not going to go sterilize my darn cooch every single time, but if I felt not so fresh, I wouldn't mind a good shower...lol

In an ideal world we'd all have great smells and no body odor. Unfortunately, that's not the real world. There are such things as bad breath, greasy hair, underarm sweat and vaginas that stink. With that in mind, there are things we (as humans) can do to fix or alleviate that. These aren't the cavemen days anymore.
    Well, they were going to the OB/GYN....the likelihood something was amiss is higher, don't you think? My sister one worked in a gyn clinic in Dallas and said sometimes those rooms had to be AIRED out after certain patients. Invariably, these women had STDS or other bacterial infections.

Elite Member

^Women go to the OB/GYN for yearly check-ups. That isn't a clue that something is 'wrong' or 'amiss'. But as far as having to have rooms aired out, oh my! I haven't heard of anything that bad. *shudders* In cases that extreme, then yes, there probably is some illness or underlying medical problem.

Anyway, I am surprised I have spent this much time posting about sticky, stinky hoohas...

Elite Member

Haha!! I'm wondering how we got from Chanel number 5 to vaginas! Talk about getting a life of it's own...lol

*scratching head*

Don't remember the smell of this one, but c'mon, who doesn't remember this commercial:

"I can bring home the bacon,
    fry it up in a pan. And never let you forget you're a man.
    Because I'm a woman, Enjoli. "

Ah, the 70's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X4MwbVf5OA
    the actual commercial if you care to watch.
    Last edited by angelais; October 29th, 2006 at 09:23 PM. Reason: add link
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I just read the last 5 pages of this and totally lost my appetite. bleurk.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

Hey, vags are like Vegemite - don't knock it unless you've tried it because you just never know.......
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gucci Rush gave made bad hay fever attack and i hate anything that smells strongly of vanilla or strong flowery scents

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Chanel no 5 is too strong imo..
    I love Brut
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    Well, they were going to the OB/GYN....the likelihood something was amiss is higher, don't you think? My sister one worked in a gyn clinic in Dallas and said sometimes those rooms had to be AIRED out after certain patients. Invariably, these women had STDS or other bacterial infections.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information