Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gag-worthy perfumes/colognes

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Drakkar Noir -
    Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Heeeeeeeeee! My 18 year old son douses himself with Axe and I've pointed out a million times now that the stench of it is enough to chase away the girls. It stinks!
    Agree with both of those. Yucky! I think I went on a date with this guy once that wore Drakkar Noir and I had to try really hard to keep myself from gagging.
    debauched.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I wear Love's Baby Soft and am amazed at how many people compliment me on it. I tend to wear that in the summer and Obsession in the winter-it smells very soft and powdery on me. JLO Glow was actually nice and clean smelling on me,too, but I have to be very careful not to promote a sneezing fit/headaches with it. Also, I have a solid perfume I make that has no fragrance, just essential oils and it smells very soft, fresh, and clean. I sell al ot of it to people like me who get headaches easily from other fragrances. For men, I loooove Old Spice and Canoe (remember that?). On the higher end, Paul Sebastian is very masculine and cozy. My dh wears Old Spice after shave every day and it really does it for me. Most of the men's stuff out nowadays is so damn strong!!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I wear Love's Baby Soft and am amazed at how many people compliment me on it. I tend to wear that in the summer and Obsession in the winter-it smells very soft and powdery on me. JLO Glow was actually nice and clean smelling on me,too, but I have to be very careful not to promote a sneezing fit/headaches with it. Also, I have a solid perfume I make that has no fragrance, just essential oils and it smells very soft, fresh, and clean. I sell al ot of it to people like me who get headaches easily from other fragrances. For men, I loooove Old Spice and Canoe (remember that?). On the higher end, Paul Sebastian is very masculine and cozy. My dh wears Old Spice after shave every day and it really does it for me. Most of the men's stuff out nowadays is so damn strong!!
    PP sneaks in bottles of Old Spice. I like it now because it smells of him...

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    Errr, I wear the occassional Juice Bar Cotton Candy I've gotten nothing but complements on it, though, and my SO actually requests it sometimes. I don't put that much on or wear it often. That scent is more for me than anyone around me.

I love Juice Bar Cotton Candy

Wow, Giorgio, Exclamat!on, Polo, and Poison really are vomitous reminders of the 80s. But L'eau d'Issey was the 90's version of that: every short, skinny brunette in NY wore it the summer it launched, and it just REEKS and lingers.

I'm trying to find a good perfume now, and having limited luck. CdG Guerrilla 2 and Aqua di Biella Baraja are the only two that smell good to me.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by snakebread View Post
    But L'eau d'Issey was the 90's version of that: every short, skinny brunette in NY wore it the summer it launched, and it just REEKS and lingers.
    I wore that for a while in the 90s until a friend put me off it. She was the kind of woman who would admire something you were wearing (clothes, shoes, perfume, nail varnish, whatever) then next time you saw her she'd be wearing the exact same thing - really bloody annoying. She did it with L'eau d'Issey, and so I immediately stoped wearing it - two of us reeking of it in a group of four or five in a pub was a bit much. Probably did me a favour on that one.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Ugh, I do.

Jungle Gardenia

I read somewhere that was Joan Crawford's signature scent.
    I used to wear Fracas by Piguet which is just like it, basically gardenias I think. That was my signature scent through the 90's.

Love's Baby Soft gal here too! Well, when I was in jr. high school. If I see it on a shelf I'll always go and smell it and it takes me right back to 7th grade and memories of my English teacher who I wanted to marry.

Two scents that make me gag/have to leave the room: Obsession for Men and CK1 (Calvin Klein). That CK1 makes me think I'm smelling ammonia.

Sexy scents that I like on a man are Farenheit and Chanel for Men.

Guaranteed to put me in attack mode is Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet for men. Citrusy, woody, makes me nuts. One sniff and it's Hi Karate. Heeeyaaahhh!

I can't stand the alcohol smell in commercial perfumes anymore. I stick to Annick Goutal L'Eau Hadrien and L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuer (figs and citrus) and in summer Mimosa pour Moi.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I can't stand the alcohol smell in commercial perfumes anymore. I stick to Annick Goutal L'Eau Hadrien and L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuer (figs and citrus) and in summer Mimosa pour Moi.
    I order cakes of pure perfume essence from France to avoid the alcohol scent in most perfumes. Sometimes it takes a bit of searching on Google to find them but most of the older scents come that way as well.

Silver Member

I love it when a man or a woman walks into a room wearing a very good cologne and I love the smell in the room. I do like some Ralph Lauren scents and Hugo scents for men. For women I like some of Chanels and that is what wear. I hate all of the Estee and Lancome scents and all fruity or musky scents. I seem to get tired of a fragrance after a couple years and then it doesn't smell good to me anymore so I search for a new one but in the last few years, I have seemed to stay in the Chanel line.

My ex bf wears Hugo Boss, I love it. He may be a PITA sometimes, but he always smells damn good.

I hat hate hate...Lempika Lolita is it? Gah, I know a lot of people like it (and I apologize to those here who do, maybe it smells better on you?) but my coworker wears it occasionally and I want to vomit on her everytime I pass and get a whiff of it

My sister wears it. I agree.
    2 years...

Just got a sample yesterday for Guerlain's Insolence, promoted by Hilary Swank. My niece and I agreed that it smells like piss de chat. After about 90 minutes the sickly sweet floral scent dries down into something moderately spicy, but that's way too long to wait.

Stellaintwois mixtue of peony, amber and patchouli -- my niece loved it, it made me feel queasy. Just overpoweringly sweet and patchouliish.

Carolina Herrara's new 212sexy is very unusual and I quite like it. It's subtle and spicy and smells faintly of anise (to me).

But my signature scent will always be Chanel #19. It was apparently Coco's fave, too.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; October 7th, 2006 at 06:38 PM.

Elite Member

The only Chanel perfume I like is Allure.

Coco and Chanel No. 5 are HORRIBLE!! Chanel no. 5 smells like an old lady. Those are the perfumes the starlets back in the 1950's use to wear to cover up their big-time smoking and drinking habits. I think that's the only fragrance strong enough that could cover up their 2 and 3 pack a day cigarette stench (and I'm not being sarcastic).

A*O

I don't like Chanel No.5 either - it just smells stale and musty. I cannot understand how it's the top selling perfume in the world. Clever marketing probably. These days I only use Chanel No.19 which I never get tired of and people still ask me what it is (in a complimentary way) so it obviously suits me. My husband likes me wearing Chanel Allure but I find it too heavy and overpowering for every day so I splash some on for 'special occasions' [wink].

I think there are definitely 'daytime' and 'after dark' perfumes and what might smell sexy and heady at night is often way too overpowering to wear in the office. Women make the mistake of wearing the wrong type of scent at the inappropriate time. Poison smells like cat pee at the best of times, but it really turns your stomach when someone comes into the office at 9am wafting a trail of the stuff throughout the whole building. I went out to lunch the other day and a woman sitting several tables away was wearing some god awful perfume that stank up the whole room and tainted every mouthful of food or sip of wine. I could smell it on my clothes for the rest of the day. Foul.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I think any perfume will definately turn into an overpowering litterbox if more than one or two squirts is applied.

I've seen women spray 5 or 6 squirts on themselves before. I can't imagine how they stand themselves.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information