Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gag-worthy perfumes/colognes

You know what smell I really like?

Old Spice.

It reminds me of being a little kid.

I don't know that I've ever actually smelled Old Spice on anyone, hehe. One that I can't stand is Vanilla Fields - I actually knew a guy who would wear that. Gag. Pretty much anything vanilla turns me off nowadays, even though I don't mind sweeter scents, just because they are so ubiquitous. I think perfume should be worn to set people apart from one another, not to make everyone smell like cookies. I actually find fruity and sweet scents (if applied lightly) appealing in a "that smells nice" kind of way - but I personally prefer a more complex, layered fragrance for myself.

I have soft spot for Chanel no. 5 as well, it's the only perfume my mom's ever worn, and I find it warm and pleasant. I rarely ever wear it myself though.

Someone mentioned Tribe - I do remember that, and I liked it when I was twelve or so, hehe. One of those very simplistic scents that I think was pretty much designed for tweens. Inoffensive, but not very sophisticated.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

^^^ lol ...Old Spice is something the fathers/grandfathers used to wear

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Basically I hate all perfumes but can sometimes be convinced to wear Nina Ricci. But if a man is wearing scent, I go right off him. I like my men to smell a bit, well, manly. As long as he doesn't have crotch rot stench, that is.
    Ahh see. my FCUK meshes well with my natural musk, and you cant smell it unless you're getting close enough to make out with
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    ^^^ lol ...Old Spice is something the fathers/grandfathers used to wear
    My boyfriend's deodorant is Old Spice brand, no idea which variety of it. Like Old Spice tends to be, there is a lot of fragrance in the deodorant, so it acts as his cologne more than just deodorant fragrance (not the really pungent smell that you can smell everywhere, only when you get close to him). I actually like it, I dunno why. It may be because it is him wearing it and not the fragrance itself that I like, but it's a really comforting scent to me right now.

I'm just thankful that he didn't hop on the Axe bandwagon because that stuff IS foul, I've never found a variety of it that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    I smell best in gramma kinda scents, older perfumes that have been around awhile like Toujour Moi, Youth Dew and Shalimar.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Anybody here remember Joy?
    I like both Shalimar and Joy. When I was trying to figure out what scent I should wear I tried out all the older perfumes that were launched in the 1920s & 30s. I tried and liked Chanel No 5 then, too, I think.

I remember Tribe. The ads in my Teen magazine would have a sample strip in them and nasty up my whole mag.

Anyone remember Prince Matchabelli Windsong? I used to know someone who would POUR it on. It was

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Anyone remember Prince Matchabelli Windsong? I used to know someone who would POUR it on. It was
    I do not remember how it smelled but can still sing the ultra-cheezoid commercials! ""I can't seem to forget you-your windsong stays on my mind...................."

^^..GREAT! Now I have 'windsong staying on my mind as well as that 'Charly' jingle..Ccccchhhhaaaaarrrrrrlllllyyyy!...blah blah blah blah blah-blah...Ccchhhhhaaarrrrrlllllyyyyyyyyy!...Windsong stays on your...Windsong stays on your..Windsong stays on your miiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiind.

I'm a confirmed Angel wearer - I love it (in moderation though), my other half buys it for me but doesn't actually like it. My little boy adores it on his mum. I also wear the Angel Garden of Stars Lily fragrance - it smells just like stargazer lilies. I never go to overboard with the Angel though, if I did it would probably knock someone out! My husband's fave on me is Body Shop's White Musk, it takes him back to when we first met.

The first perfume I ever owned was Love's Musky Jasmine Spray - me and my best friend at school absolutely loved it. You can't get it in the UK now, I wonder if its still made?

I used to like Chanel No. 5, when I was pregnant I went right off certain smells, No 5 being one of them, I still can't stand the smell of it, it makes me want to heave.

Brut .... I have been known to have a crafty sniff of it in Boots ... god it takes me back to my first love!
    Stella Galaxy ... 16 hands of irish trouble

Elite Member

Errr, I wear the occassional Juice Bar Cotton Candy I've gotten nothing but complements on it, though, and my SO actually requests it sometimes. I don't put that much on or wear it often. That scent is more for me than anyone around me.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I'm just thankful that he didn't hop on the Axe bandwagon because that stuff IS foul, I've never found a variety of it that I liked.

Heeeeeeeeee! My 18 year old son douses himself with Axe and I've pointed out a million times now that the stench of it is enough to chase away the girls. It stinks!

Elite Member

I can't stand Gucci Rush. A girl I know wears it and it is totally nauseating. Also, that perfume Boucheron. My aunt wears that perfume and it's so heavy. I can't stand it.

What I think is amazing is how many people don't like perfume or don't wear it period. There are a lot of people who are so sensitive to smells. I've worked with people like that and THAT to me is disgusting. So many people who don't smell 'fresh' or don't smell good at all and that's a big turn off. When I meet someone (man or woman) and they smell good, I think it's so classy. It's like a good meal and savoring the scent right before you bite into it or walking into a home that smells wonderful and inviting. The same with meeting someone...if they smell good, it shows that they're in tune even to the smallest detail--their scent.

In my opinion, there is nothing more elegant than a person who wears a nice perfume/cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Heeeeeeeeee! My 18 year old son douses himself with Axe and I've pointed out a million times now that the stench of it is enough to chase away the girls. It stinks!
    It is enough to chase away the girls. There isn't a single girl I know that likes the stuff, it's pretty gag inducing in any variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Ok..I know I am gay and all..but when it comes to fashion(including cologne) I know nothing and I wear and love..get ready... ....STETSON!! and lots of it so it proceeds me in a room! some people love it-some hate it and gag on it. I would not wear it too a job or a job interview or something like that..but sometimes just going somewhere I will POUR it on and guess what? If someone does not like it that is just too damn bad!

-if I am out in public and someone does not like it too bad..if in a store or restaurant if they don't like it they can complain to the management-and if asked to leave..I will leave no problem.
    OMG! Stetson! I love Stetson on a man!

And someone didn't like Old Spice? Oh man! That a Dad smell! I thought most Dads are just born smelling like Old Spice! *starts to whistle Old Spice song*

UndercoverGator

ugh my brother wears that crap...and whats even worse is he has the shower gel too!!

i just got my new Lucky magazine and there is an add for Polo Double Black for Men..guess its new...but ewwwwww its so strong!! i almost choked when i smelled it

I love DKNY Delicious and i saw someone else post about Demeter fragrances...a lot of their stuff actually smells really really good...i got "creamsicle" and "snow" and they both smell awesome!
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information