Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gag-worthy perfumes/colognes

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Does anyone remember a popular scent from the 70s called "Jungle Gardenia"? Ugh, overwhelming!
    Ugh, I do.

I read somewhere that was Joan Crawford's signature scent.

Love's Baby Soft
    Navy
    Guess ( I don't know which type though.)
    Elizabeth Arden - Red Door (reminds me of old ladies)
    Original Old Spice
    Vanilla Fields
    Angel (I don't know who made it but the bottle is Star shaped)
    Anis Anis
    Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret
    Poision - Dior

Anyone remember Tribe? I don't remember how it smelled, I was young and I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    There is something that came out in the past year or so that smells JUST like cotton candy-in a bad way. Not Pink Sugar but something that jumped on the bandwagon and failed. I tried it on and all that I remember is that it had blue and pink packaging. And that it reeked. I never wanted to smelll it again but someone wore it on the bus the other day. Argh!!!

Chanel No.5 has always smelled of powder to me, but in a good way. I started wearing it when I was 12-13.

I know of something that I saw 7 years ago and still exists today called Juice Bar. They have scents like Cotton Candy, Lemonade, Gummi Bears, and many more. Its sold at places like CVS, Target, Walgreens, etc.
    Last edited by pinkbunnyslippers; September 28th, 2006 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Love's Baby Soft
    Navy
    Guess ( I don't know which type though.)
    Elizabeth Arden - Red Door (reminds me of old ladies)
    Original Old Spice
    Vanilla Fields
    Angel (I don't know who made it but the bottle is Star shaped)
    Anis Anis
    Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret
    Poision - Dior

Anyone remember Tribe? I don't remember how it smelled, I was young and I liked it.
    It is actually Anais Anais. My aunt used to call it Anus Anus.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Basically I hate all perfumes but can sometimes be convinced to wear Nina Ricci. But if a man is wearing scent, I go right off him. I like my men to smell a bit, well, manly. As long as he doesn't have crotch rot stench, that is.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ok..I know I am gay and all..but when it comes to fashion(including cologne) I know nothing and I wear and love..get ready... ....STETSON!! and lots of it so it proceeds me in a room! some people love it-some hate it and gag on it. I would not wear it too a job or a job interview or something like that..but sometimes just going somewhere I will POUR it on and guess what? If someone does not like it that is just too damn bad!

-if I am out in public and someone does not like it too bad..if in a store or restaurant if they don't like it they can complain to the management-and if asked to leave..I will leave no problem.

Lil

Poison. Gives me a headache just thinking about it, and I haven't actually smelt it for years. People used to leave great clouds of it behind them, you could smell it in a lift ages after whoever was wearing it had got out. Urgh.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post

I know of something that I saw 7 years ago and still exists today called Juice Bar. They have scents like Cotton Candy, Lemonade, Gummi Bears, and many more. Its sold at places like CVS, Target, Walgreens, etc.

hahhahaha I had forgotten about Juice Bar. We used to wear that in middle school. Jessica Simpson also has a line of food/candy scented perfumes with scents such as Cotton Candy, Toffee, Lollipop, Bubblegum, and Cupcake. I read somewhere that women tend to prefer food flavored scents, but men are often turned off by them. I don't know if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    hahhahaha I had forgotten about Juice Bar. We used to wear that in middle school. Jessica Simpson also has a line of food/candy scented perfumes with scents such as Cotton Candy, Toffee, Lollipop, Bubblegum, and Cupcake. I read somewhere that women tend to prefer food flavored scents, but men are often turned off by them. I don't know if it's true.
    Anecdotal and scientific evidence would seem to indicate that is not always true. For reasons not entirely clear, the smell of pumpkin pie increases the blood flow to a man's penis. On a personal note, anytime I have worn fruity/foodie scents like Lolita Lempicka and Amarige, men have gone gaga and often tried to name exactly what food item I smelled like...

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Ok..I know I am gay and all..but when it comes to fashion(including cologne) I know nothing and I wear and love..get ready... ....STETSON!! and lots of it so it proceeds me in a room! some people love it-some hate it and gag on it. I would not wear it too a job or a job interview or something like that..but sometimes just going somewhere I will POUR it on and guess what? If someone does not like it that is just too damn bad!

-if I am out in public and someone does not like it too bad..if in a store or restaurant if they don't like it they can complain to the management-and if asked to leave..I will leave no problem.

LOL..don't feel bad, I smell best in gramma kinda scents, older perfumes that have been around awhile like Toujour Moi, Youth Dew and Shalimar. Most of the time I wear Lancome's Poeme.

I used to love L'Air du Temps, and I still wear Eau de Lancome occasionally. Youth Dew reminds me of my youth, sob. Anybody here remember Joy? I still have a vial leftover from an old bf. Too strong and sweet for me.

My current fave is Gucci II. Great summer scent.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My mom has only worn L'Air du Temps as long as I can remember. (mommy... *gets homesick*)

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Awww...it is a beautiful fragrance, but I prefer Chanel #19 now. My niece says that no matter what fragrance I use, it all smells like #19 on me after a while. Don't know what to make of that....

Bronze Member

My mom used to wear Emeraude. I think she finally got the hint when my sister and I would start to gag the moment the scent came wafting our way. Her favorite little torment was to wait until we were in the car, with the windows closed, and spritz away. I was recently cleaning her house for her, found a bottle, and made sure it disappeared. Forever.

Zee

Forgot about that scent. You have done the world a favor!

ETA Does anybody remember people collecting the avon fragrance bottles in the 70's? I always wondered if anybody still has their collection.
    Last edited by Zee; September 28th, 2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: eta trivial question
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by PlumbingQueen View Post
    My mom used to wear Emeraude. I think she finally got the hint when my sister and I would start to gag the moment the scent came wafting our way. Her favorite little torment was to wait until we were in the car, with the windows closed, and spritz away. I was recently cleaning her house for her, found a bottle, and made sure it disappeared. Forever.
    Is Emeraude really that bad?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information