Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Frizzy, fly away hair

I know, right? Free haircuts for life
    McJag likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    What has made my life sooo much easier is a semi-permanent product my daughter (hairstylist) puts on my hair about every 3 months. It's called Perfection by Pravana. Takes about 3 hours and smells terrible It makes my hair smooth and makes the ends heavier so they're not frizzed and wispy. When we're done, every single time, she says "ok mom, now you can whip your hair back and forth, whip your hair back and forth"

I rarely use a flat iron and without this stuff, my hair is pretty curly if I let it air dry. Downside is that for the first couple weeks, my hair too smooth and shiny and really flat. However, she and I figured out that if she doesn't apply the product all the way up to my scalp and leaves a tiny bit of untreated hair toward the root, it doesn't lay so flat. You have to use shampoo with no sulfates or whatever it's called. They say you have to use the Pravana brand shampoo but you don't, and it's not good anyway IMO.

It's truly a wonderful thing for me, with frizzy hair in a humid climate.

edit: I still have my natural wave. I can flat iron it perfectly straight if I want but the wave is there if I want that. It's so nice at the lake and the beach because when my hair air dries, it's not a frizzed up mess.

I don't know how much it costs because she does mine for free.
    Is that like the Brazilian Blowout product? I had a "Rusk" product treatment like that about 10 years ago but I don't think the product was all that good. It was a new concept then.

Yeah, Chalet, I was reading it thinking thats a bit like the Brazillian Blow-wave stuff.

My hair dressers sprays on something as she dries it then "flat irons" (or as we call it "uses straighteners") on my hair to seal in the product. However, it made my hair feel a bit weird...... It does last though.
    Free Charmed.

I've never heard of this brazilian stuff so I don't know. She applies it with a brush in small sections. I have long hair so it takes a long time. Then you wait for about 20 minutes with it combed straight. It smells and feels awful. Then she flat irons it for a while and it smells worse Then rinse out. Hair is soft and frizz free for about 3 months.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

My hair manages to be frizzy too, which is strange because it's pretty much straight. I really don't know what's causing the frizz. First I thought it was dry, so I used more and heavier conditioner. No difference. So i thought, well maybe it was overconditioned. So I used less conditioner and stopped using the leave-in stuff. No difference. Tried different brands of shampoo and conditioner (although all cheap, as I'm on a budget). No difference. I color my hair sometimes, but always use the semi-permanent stuff that washes out eventually. I stopped doing that for a few months, but my hair is still frizzy.

I really don't know what to do. I can use a straightener, which makes the frizz go away, but it also kills my hair because it's so fine. I wash it 2 or 3 times a week, only use shampoo on the scalp and not on the length. No styling products aside from a little spritz of hairspray when I'm wearing my hair back.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information