Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Foundation or Powder that Minimises Fine Lines

Thanks for bumping this thread, had been thinking the last week or so that I should be replying to this on my journey to find something that works!

I bought the IT cosmetics Bye Bye Redness as I wanted to try different foundations also. This stuff is good but is a little dark for my skin, and also hard to get. Took a while for it to come through and now I need more and it's out of stock again. Anyway, I also bought the 'CC+ Illumination Color Correcting Cream' foundation. I initially bought it in Light (which is the second lightest), thinking Fair might be too light for me. Because of the darkness of the Bye Bye Redness, I ended up buying Fair because the Light became an extra shade darker. I'm happy with both and does even out my skin. I tried a couple of their powders and found the CC+Airbrush Perfecting powder to be the best for a nice finish (also got that in Light).

Now, the main issue I was having is the fine lines under my eyes showing with makeup. I'm still having troubles there. I got the IT Cosmetic Bye Bye Undereye but it's too dry for my skin and the dryness makes it worse. Then tried the Maybelline Instant Age Rewinder as it seemed to have good reviews, but it's also too dry. I'm now playing with different eye creams. I got Dr Dennis Gross' Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream but it burned a bit and made my under eyes even dryer *cry* I have been having allergies (even though it's winter) so I wonder if that's not helping. I've just ordered some Charoltte Tilbury Magic Cream which sounds very nourishing and plumping so fingers crossed! I will let you all know when I find that miracle! You can't see the lines when I'm makeup free, but it's clear the makeup is drying my under eyes so it seems I need some kind of extra nourishing eye cream.

I'll keep you posted. I do think of you all when I try these things, I know I'm not alone in this, so I will definitely give you an update.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

I've been using Mario Badescu for a few years and love it, ever since Chalet recommended it. I bought the vitamin c serum a few months ago and have noticed positive results. I also bought their under eye cream and use it every night. It is so inexpensive compared to everything else! For redness I use the azulene calming mask. I got a bit too much sun and wind last Sunday and had a cocktail party to go to later. Everyone said there was no way I would get the red out. 20 minutes in the mask, and voila! Calmed right down! I'm hooked for life!
    Serendipity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    I've been using Mario Badescu for a few years and love it, ever since Chalet recommended it. I bought the vitamin c serum a few months ago and have noticed positive results. I also bought their under eye cream and use it every night. It is so inexpensive compared to everything else! For redness I use the azulene calming mask. I got a bit too much sun and wind last Sunday and had a cocktail party to go to later. Everyone said there was no way I would get the red out. 20 minutes in the mask, and voila! Calmed right down! I'm hooked for life!
    Thanks for the feedback, that sounds great. I'll try that one next if this new stuff doesn't work. So many to try but gets expensive when I buy something and it doesn't work for me. I guess it's worth it. Damn those fine lines, everything else is great but those things.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

I love the IDEA of that "Triangle of Light", and you wouldn't have to invest in Trish McEvoy products to achieve the effect (although her stuff is really nice). I try to keep my foundation/bb/cc cream application to a minimum (even at 63, I have very few wrinkles and more makeup seems to draw the wrong kind of attention to the ones I do have), so I would not be spackling that stuff on my cheeks. I might play with the idea though.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    I'm so thrilled! Which eye cream? I love the azulene mask. It's so creamy and blue. The price point for well made, simple skin care is really unbelievable. I mean, Martha Stewart can afford anything and she really uses their stuff and has facial's there. The basic extraction facial is $65 dollars. That ain't a lot in these parts.

In a few days ....

The new Born This Way radiant concealer is being launched, but only on their website for now. That thing had better get it's ass to Sephora and fast.

It must be Too Faced answer to Nars, Maybelline Fit Me, Bobbi Brown's and Trish McEvoy.

If it's anything like the Born this Way foundation it's got to be good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information