Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Foundation or Powder that Minimises Fine Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    ^
    See if you can test this for eye cream. It's 195. I bet it's the bomb.

Guerlain - Orchidée Impériale Eye Cream: Reviews

The one eye cream I know I love is Bobbie Brown's Hydrating Cream. I haven't bought but I've tested it on me when I'm not wearing face makeup and it feels so different from any other eye cream. I felt the hydration.

Hydrating Eye Cream | BobbiBrown.com

Under eye concealer - Try Tarte Creaseless Concealer and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. Some say that if you're dry under the eye your concealer should be a liquid type, rather than in a pot. The IT Cosmetics was moisturizing and melts into the skin and not into fine lines. An under makeup serum can also help foundation and concealer not sink into find lines.
    ]
    I have terrible bags, I am one step away from under eye surgery. Everyone keeps asking me if I am tired and I have tried so many product. Have a drawer full. Must maybe try the guerlain one .
    I always put on touche d'eclat but it doesn't help that much sometimes I think it emphasises my bags even more.

I feel for any woman who suffers issues with their face. Been through it all myself.
    You'd think at 45 it would all just quit but nope. Though my hair and skin is drying, I'm still facing acne, uneven skin on top of 30 years of problems.

Sleep, water, reducing caffeine intake do somewhat help my bags.
    I simply cover the whole face with whatever foundation I happens to be trying out to cover the uneven skin, go over spots with a small brush, and lightly dab a 2-3x lighter cream concealer in a upside triangle shape under the eyes, the upper brow arch and inner eye lid. Blend carefully.
    I then use a a wee dab of glow enhancer that comes in a tube from Body Shop ( I think they don't sell it anymore. Mind is lasting forever since I only use a tiny amout) and smudge it along the upper cheek, brow arch, and middle of eye lid. Finish with matte or shiny bronzer to conture, black mascara on the top and sometimes brown/black on the bottom lashes.
    This opens up my whole deep set close together eyes. The Glow enhancer reflects light taking attention away from the dark areas.
    My only beef is the the crease area above my eyelids. THAT is my darkest spot.
    I have grey eyes spackled with glaucoma. I've lost the bright eyed look since the attack of closed angle glaucoma and the dark crease makes my eyes look so devoid of life. I've been trying to find ways to brighten that area up without looking caked. A lighter application fades away.
    Nothing works except to just darken the lids which I don't want to do unless its for nighttime glamour look.
    I prefer the natural look for daytime. Yes, I'm one of those that wear tons of makeup only to make it look natural lol.

Using the tiny brush on spots, a light overall touch and the varying level of brightness along with conturing is what helps me resemble some kind of human likeliness rather than a frightening zombie.
    Serendipity and panic like this.

fgg

WTF conversation with my 91 yo grandmother on easter: do you know of any products that will reduce the wrinkles around my mouth? she seriously asked us this! she said she's been using something and it is expensive but she's not sure it is worth the cost. i love my grandmother and don't see the wrinkles when i look at her but if you analyze, i can tell you that there is no product on the face of the earth that will do what she wants short of a massive face lift. we were all looking at each other like is she serious? LOL.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I love the fact that she still cares about what she looks like though.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDgGAXsD1zw/

68 and 60. That's Sandy Linter, makeup artist who worked with Way Bandy and Harry King, did Gia and Patti and a million magazine covers. She does work for Lancome anti aging makeup. Next to her is Patti Hansen, my favorite model of all time (right before Evangelista). Wife of Keith Richards.

This is where a good facelift, a great haircut, great makeup and excellent personal style and money just come together in one big ball, so much so I could just kill myself now.
    ConstanceSpry and Serendipity like this.

I'm quite happy with the Dior Diorskin Nude liquid foundation while applying it with the O WOW makeup brush (got mine on Amazon). Does a nice job of spackling both my pores and little wrinkles and it's still feels lightweight. The brush gives you a very pretty, smooth finish. My skin leans towards oily, so not sure how it would fare on dry skin.
    Serendipity likes this.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDgGAXsD1zw/

68 and 60. That's Sandy Linter, makeup artist who worked with Way Bandy and Harry King, did Gia and Patti and a million magazine covers. She does work for Lancome anti aging makeup. Next to her is Patti Hansen, my favorite model of all time (right before Evangelista). Wife of Keith Richards.

This is where a good facelift, a great haircut, great makeup and excellent personal style and money just come together in one big ball, so much so I could just kill myself now.

Oh bloody hell....wow, just ... wow
    I'll take the next bullet Chalet

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Have you tried using one of those primers that blur imperfections? I use one to smooth out scarring on my face and while I'm lucky to only have minimal lines around my eyes it makes what I do have far less noticeable too.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I don't have lines yet, but I have extremely dry skin (and flaky when I'm using retin-a) that looks terrible if I pick the wrong foundation or powder. For everyday wear, I use this powder foundation over my sunscreen. I use it under my eyes too as I don't really care about concealing my dark circles perfectly everyday. It provides decent coverage that can be sheer to medium. And the best part is that it doesn't emphasize dry skin, crepey under eye skin or settle into laugh lines.

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup. I get it at Ulta.

When I want a little more coverage for special occasions, I use Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. It feels like silk and I don't look terrible in my car mirror in the daylight! The finish is quite dewy and luminous. It doesn't settle into fine lines at all. It's pricey, but worth it.

On the days I use Maracuja oil as my moisturizer under my makeup, I use arrowroot powder (that you get in the grocery store) as my finishing powder to get rid of any excessive shine. It kind of feels like an expensive HD finishing powder and has this blurring effect on the skin. One more plus is that it mattifies the face without emphasizing any dry areas.

I always have my trusty Avene Thermal Spring Water spray on me. It's a blessing for my dry skin. I keep spritzing it throughout the day. It hydrates my skin and makeup doesn't budge. On the days I'm a little heavy handed with my powder, I spritz it on in the end and it gets rid of that chalkiness.

I'm a skincare fanatic. Most of my money goes to skincare than makeup.

For undereyes, I diligently use a vitamin C serum to minimize dark circles and prevent lines. Right now I'm using this one. I really like it but I haven't been using it long enough to call it HG. But I feel like my dark circles have reduced and my undereye looks smoother after I started using this.

Moogoo Super Vitamin C serum

Thrice a week I use Alpha Hydrox Intensive serum 14%. This thing is fucking amazing and is definitely HG status for me. It smoothes my skin incredibly well (because of which makeup goes on smoothly) and fades hyper pigmentation too. From the reviews I've read, it seems to be very popular for minimizing existing lines and wrinkles as well. It stings like a mofo for a minute though.

I also use Korean sheet masks whenever I have time and it provides instant much needed hydration to my face.

I use a few more skin care products mostly to keep my acne at bay, but these are more relevant to this thread.

Thanks for those suggestions Kat. The Yves Saint Laurent sounds great and the price wasn't as bad as I expected, especially since it does last quite a while. If I don't like the IT Cosmetics one, I might try that next. I also want to get my hands on the Avene spray. And who would have imagined arrowroot could double as a powder, amazing!

For times when my skin gets dry, I've found using this keeps my face moisturised for a few days. It's pretty cheap but very effective
    *Kat* likes this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Wouldya look at this Kat woman? Are you neck in neck with Novice in the skincare?

I gotta check out that Moogoo Vit C serum. I haven't bought the Badescu serum because it was 42 dollars. I was thinking a health food store would be fine for me. I love serums. Thanks so much.
    *Kat* likes this.

Have you had any luck?

In my makeup class, I called dibs on doing our instructor's makeup. She had me use MAC (a brand we both dislike for foundation) on her. I used a damn cosmetic sponge to both apply and blend out. She told me it was the best application of MAC foundation on her mature skin ever. Now I always use a damn sponge for my foundation application.

I'm still waiting for a couple of the IT Cosmetics that were on back order but looks like they came in a couple of days ago so I should get my order in the next week or so. I have changed my diet recently, already lost 7kg, and my skin has improved a lot so even the makeup I was wearing before is working better. But I still want to try the new stuff as it's probably better suited to my skin tone. I promise I will report back when I try it.
    choozen1ne and dallison like this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Here's that triangle that Whitetigress wrote about.

Kassipu - you might want to try to enhance your eye makeup to detract from the tired eye look.
    Perhaps tightlining (waterproof eyeliner underneath the top lashes) and lots of mascara.

Here's that triangle that Whitetigress wrote about.

Kassipu - you might want to try to enhance your eye makeup to detract from the tired eye look.
    Perhaps tightlining (waterproof eyeliner underneath the top lashes) and lots of mascara.

My god she's drowning that poor woman in some sparkly shyt. Might as well join the cast of Twilight !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information