Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foundation issues

I usually just dab moisturizer on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and then follow it with a smaller dab of foundation on the nose, cheeks, forehead and chin, then blend with a sponge. Follow with concealer on the spots you need and finish with a swip of powder, bronzer. This creates a really natural look. The trick is just not to use too much. The moisturizer creates a more natural look as well, not so matte.

Bitch, please.

I use Bare Essentials, and I always wet the brush just a little when I am doing the foundation coat. If I have any in the brows when I am done, I just wet my finger and slick them down.

I never could get the hang of liquid foundations. I always had a line, or it was uneven and splotchy.

I hate foundation i still haven't found that perfect one yet... but atm i occassionally use maybelline matte mousse - ive found that its really dry looking on my skin so i have to moisturise like crazy beforehand. It looks a little too masky for me so i prefer using a foundation powder just to even out my skin tone a little bit but still look natural.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Bronze Member

i use the foudation mouse, ive found them the best for me, and i use it on my whole face,

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    I hate foundation i still haven't found that perfect one yet... but atm i occassionally use maybelline matte mousse - ive found that its really dry looking on my skin so i have to moisturise like crazy beforehand. It looks a little too masky for me so i prefer using a foundation powder just to even out my skin tone a little bit but still look natural.
    Yea, i still havent found the perfect foundation. I read this article on foundations in Marie Claire, and looks like there are new foundations that do REALLY deal with oily skin. Cant wait to try em out. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    The guy from America's Next Top Model said you should just use it wherever you need it.
    Yeah, that works for me. I only use it to even out my complexion.

I hate foundation, but have to wear it sometimes to look "polished". Liquids change color on my face, because I am a bit oily. Powders are even worse.

MAC makes one called Studio Fix that is awesome. It has never changes color. It is very light, yet packs enough punch to allow me to skip concealer.

I've tried all kinds of foundations, but I've never found one that I liked. I spot areas on my face because I can't stand that masked feeling. So I use a pancake stick by Max Factor. it sounds heavy but it really isn't. Also I can use it like a concealer and just spot check areas that I need. It workds for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    I use Bare Essentials, and I always wet the brush just a little when I am doing the foundation coat. If I have any in the brows when I am done, I just wet my finger and slick them down.

I never could get the hang of liquid foundations. I always had a line, or it was uneven and splotchy.
    Love this stuff. Makes me look all glowy, although I don't wet the brush.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    Love this stuff. Makes me look all glowy, although I don't wet the brush.
    Ditto. My skin looks radiant, and since I've started using it, I rarely have breakouts anymore. That alone makes it worth it.
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it on my own!

Studio Fix is my old standby. I use Dior Fluidskin for occasions when I want a bit more coverage. Studio Fix with a little concealer and bronzer works just great. It's good even without the bronzer.

i've never been able to wear foundation so i use a facial moisturizer and put on loose powder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information