Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flat irons

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    So true, I have a bit of a curl on the right side of my hair and I hate it!!!

So I got my friend to straight iron it...and then I wanted the curl back
    Off topic, that had me laughing for 15 minutes.
    2 years...

I have a Babyliss Pro and I really like it , I have heard that Paul Mitchell makes one that is better then the CHI , but the person who told works at a Paul Mitchell school

GHD's rock! they are the best straightners ever!! They have ceramic plates and heat up to over 200degrees in seconds, id die without mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by loulou58 View Post
    GHD's rock! they are the best straightners ever!! They have ceramic plates and heat up to over 200degrees in seconds, id die without mine!!

Yeah I adore mine but I really have to be careful because I can see fine hairs that have broken off if I overuse it.

I use a Hai flat iron, which cost about a $100 but I've had it for almost 4 years. Well worth it. I also use a Super Solano blow dryer which helps the straightening process. While my hair is wet I use Kerastase Oleo Relax to help it look nice and sleek and keep the frizz down

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

i have a chi, it was expensive but worth every penny!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Elite Member

i don't have one at the moment but i've heard flat irons are really bad for your hair with constant use..be careful not to use them too much guys...can lead to thinning hair lol

Quote Originally Posted by wonderina View Post
    I have a generic Chi flat iron that I got from Sally's it works pretty good, try using either Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny hair serum or Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Serum.....both work great. John Freida didn't do much for my frizzy hair either. Garnier Sleek & Shine is available at drug stores and is alot less $$ than Super Skinny. My hair is thick, coarse and frizzy and those are the only products that tame the frizz and make my hair shiny and smooth.
    I use the Chi flat iron too. It costs about $100 but its worth it. It works really well.

Hi guys... was wondering if any of you are familiar with the Kamashi Tourmaline straightener? I just got one from e-bay for a good deal (I hope!) and am excited for it to arrive. It could be a big bunch of BS, but supposedly straighteners made from tourmaline don't do as much damage. Anyone heard this or have I been duped? I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Thanks!
    Jim Anchower at your service!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSplotch View Post
    Hi guys... was wondering if any of you are familiar with the Kamashi Tourmaline straightener? I just got one from e-bay for a good deal (I hope!) and am excited for it to arrive. It could be a big bunch of BS, but supposedly straighteners made from tourmaline don't do as much damage. Anyone heard this or have I been duped? I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Thanks!
    Let us know how it works out!

I have a Hot Tools, shich is just okay. I'm considering a straightening process that my stylist recommends. It takes around four hours. Ugh.

Here's my story with the whole Tourmaline thing. It wasn't on a Tourmaline straightener, but the blow dryer. Anyway, I splurged on a T3 Tourmaline hair dryer ($300) and I thought it was a waste of money. But, here's why. I have a lot of wavy hair, so even though it dried my hair thoroughly in no time, it does nothing to assist in the straightening process. I still had to use a flat iron, so I was doing just as much damage. Anyway, I returned it. I went back to using the Solano, which I can straighten my hair with using a round brush. Just my two cents.

Hopefully my flat iron will be arriving SOON! I'll let you know how it works.

I use my hair straghtner everyday as well. It's not good for my hair, but the one I use is the wet to dry hair...apparently I read somewhere that if hair is straightened when wet is does less damage. I like this one I am using because it can straighten wet or dry hair.

^^ i have never heard bout the less damage when wet thing before. I got a GHD i absolutly love it - i use protective spray and conditioning treatments all the time to counteract the damage. I think GHD straighteners are the best. The plates are also small enough that you can create waves and curls with it.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Finally got my flat iron... LOVE IT!! I can change the temp (maybe that's not too special - just a new feature for me) and I only need to do each chunk of hair once. It made my hair super-slick straight.. and shiny, too. I'll have my hubby take a before/after shot this weekend to post.

Have a great day, all!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information