Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The five best haircuts of all time

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Hate the bangs and the color. What a crap style for her features.
    Women with schnozes shouldn't have bangs. Period.

I don't agree with the idea that older women can never look good with longer hair. Some women age well. It's when they don't age well that the longer hair ages them.

The styles aren't bad considering what the women have to begin with: thin hair.

Default 10 Most Popular Haircuts of All Time

10 Most Popular Haircuts of All Time

It's no secret that many of us take our beauty cues from celebrities. Recently a poll from hair company Goody officially confirmed it by counting down the six most popular celeb-inspired hairstyles. We've added a few iconic styles of our own to make up the 10 best hairstyles of all time — some of which still work today.

By Koryn Kennedy

Farrah Fawcett's Feathered Flip

No one has ever done more for the "feathered" look. While the '70s and Fawcett are no longer with us, this vintage style is still a favorite with ladies everywhere.

Jennifer Aniston's "Rachel" Cut

Since Aniston debuted this style as the character Rachel on Friends in the '90s, more than 11 million women have tried the cut. Fifteen years later it's still a frequent request, making the "Rachel" one of the most popular hairstyles of all time.

Meg Ryan's Shag

Ryan's made a career out of portraying the silly but sexy, quirky girl — a persona best embodied by this choppy, peppy shag. This look was first runner-up in Goody's poll.

Dannii Minogue's Sleek Bob

Minogue's flawless bob is both sophisticated and confident — the perfect complement for any edgy, no-nonsense woman.

Princess Diana's Royal Do

During her short, tragic life, Diana reached the pinnacle of elegance and carved out one of the most recognizable and coveted styles. According to the poll, her cut is still popular with women in all age groups.

Victoria Beckham's Posh Pageboy

When Victoria Beckham decided to shed her "Posh" skin, she took the shears to her locks and catapulted herself into icon status with this structured style. Her asymmetrical cut is another favorite with women in every demographic.

Michelle Obama's Classic Cut

In 2007, Obama was an unknown political wife. Since ascending to the White House, she's handled the spotlight with confidence and grace, thanks in part to her elegance, character, and this timeless and flattering cut.

Marilyn Monroe's Blonde Curls

In the history of hair color there is no blonde more famous than Marilyn Monroe. She may not have invented this look, but she certainly owned it. If you've got the guts to go bottle blonde, this style still guarantees sex appeal.

Mia Farrow's Pixie Crop

In 1968, after Vidal Sassoon gave Mia Farrow this extreme haircut for the film Rosemary's Baby, thousands of women ran to salons, eager to shed inches of hair, along with traditional standards of feminine beauty.

Blake Lively's Layered Locks

Poised to topple the popularity of the "Rachel," Blake Lively's long, blonde Gossip Girl tresses have become one of the most requested styles in salons across American — even prompting a New York Times article chronicling the craze.

10 Most Popular Haircuts of All Time - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

The land of ice and snow

This is still popular in all age groups? Really?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Out There

That damn Rachel cut went through my high school like wildfire in the mid-90s. I think I was one out of like 5 girls who didn't get it.

in a van down by the river

Blake Lively? really?

what happened to the Dorothy Hamill cut?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Michelle is one freaky looking bitch.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Where's the Dorothy Hamill?

Had every one of these and then developed my own style.
    Must be a rite of passage or something to copycat the popular styles. The Dorothy Hamill when cut perfectly in the back was a sensational hairstyle for a young girl.

Elite Member

What about the Olivia Newton John hair from "Physical"? There were tons of girls in my junior high that had that haircut.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I remember when it seemed like every other girl/woman in the 80's had that Diana cut with the flipped fringe. So many of them used far too much hairspray on it and their fringe would flip up like a trap door if the wind got under it.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    That damn Rachel cut went through my high school like wildfire in the mid-90s. I think I was one out of like 5 girls who didn't get it.
    I remember the Rachel cut, yeah nearly all the girls at my High School had tried it.

a backwards hillbilly state

This list is bogus without Toni Tennille

"I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Dammit! I'm looking for haircut ideas - I can't use any of this shit! I want something REALLY short - preferably above the ear.... gimme ideas, people and NO to the Dorothy Hammill!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah, they really missed the mark by forgetting the Dorothy Hamill cut! I remember getting my hair cut like that!

I remember when the Toni Tenille hair was really popular too. This list is crap. There's a lot they didn't put on & some of the ones on there shouldn't be.

I also remember girls getting their hair cut like Pat Benetar & Joan Jett.

Yep. I had the Pat Benetar cut in the early 80s with the valley girl headband.

What about the big 80s hair like they had in Dynasty?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information