Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Brazilian wax - just did it

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Take heart, arieslover, the first time is always the worst.

I have very resilient hair and was shaving for years, so the first time hurt like a bitch. Nowadays, it's a lot more bearable-still not my idea of fun, but I'm chattering away with my waxer through it, and barely wince most of the time.

Awesome news, Aella! Thank you.

I'm happy to report that I'm not bright pink anymore, but it appears that I have a slight rip of skin where she had to get aggressive. I don't think it will be that bad again, from what everyone is telling me. I still feel a little tender and am using ointment (still cursed with very reactive skin, even to the tape used for IVs).
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    Ok, I want to wax it all off down there...but I'm terrified.

Ladies, be honest. HOW BAD IS IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    It's fine. Nothing in comparion to cramps. NOTHING.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    You'll be amazed at how week 5 (depending), you may see some growth, but it's nothing.
    Oh how I wish this were true for me. I'm a shave-every-day girl, and I have regrowth within 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    To avoid/cut down on further waxing torture, you may want to consider the Seiko Clean Cut (pubic hair) shaver which was designed for Brazilian wax upkeep.
    Excellent info, thanks. While waxing isn't really a torture for me (more of an inconvenience due to scheduling) I would like something besides a razor to tidy things up. I'll check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    um yeah, i hate waxing and dont advocate it; save ur money up for lazor hair removal; much better! damnit wax lady bitches!!!
    I think I'm gonna try laser again next fall. The darker your hair & lighter your skin, the better the laser targets the hair, and with tanning season coming up (yeah, yeah, I don't wanna hear it) I'll get darker. With bikini season coming up, I don't want to grow out what's necessary for the laser to hit. I didnt' have great luck with laser, previously, but that was like 8 years ago. I'm hoping the machines have improved, and that I can talk the next tech into turning it up to MAX. I don't care if it hurts, I just want it DONE.

I never wax below the knee.
    You know, I did this once, and the whole thing was horrible. Growing the hair out was wretched because it bothered me a LOT at night when my stubble would rub against the sheets. So then it got long enough, and it was horribly painful. Then it started growing back IMMEDIATELY. I'll never do it again.

Brazilian waxes just aren't painful for me at all, except for ONE thing. When that hot wax hits the, er, sensitive middle part. YOWZA
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ SO AGREED LOBES; im soooo over shaving and digging up damn ingrowns and all this shit! its so ugly and painful!! im gonna do the damn lazor again too; it really was less painful than waxing thats for damn sure! and i am pale w/ dark ass hair so it'll work 4 me otherwise i wouldn't care if i had lite hairs i swear, its just the ingrowns and shizz; i hate those mofos!

Eli

You women are sick.

No, just hairy

Default do you research allie!!!! hahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    You women are sick.
    we hate hair and love to look nice damnit!

its not just for men either, i'd lazor my shit either way cuz its a medical issue w/ my ingrowns and stuff like that ok!

Eli

Guys are lucky- they look good with both, depending. Women with hair is a bit weird. Reminds us all that evolution is REAL.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Don't ya do any man-scaping Allie?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Ack, I totally typoed your name, aries, sorry.

Posting while sleepy: never smart.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I think I'm gonna try laser again next fall. The darker your hair & lighter your skin, the better the laser targets the hair, and with tanning season coming up (yeah, yeah, I don't wanna hear it) I'll get darker. With bikini season coming up, I don't want to grow out what's necessary for the laser to hit. I didnt' have great luck with laser, previously, but that was like 8 years ago. I'm hoping the machines have improved, and that I can talk the next tech into turning it up to MAX. I don't care if it hurts, I just want it DONE. YOWZA
    I spent/wasted a shitload of money on laser removal for my face and neck and I was required to shave before each appointment. I've not tried it on the body - I would probably need about $10 K worth to clear up all the hair thanks to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - but I can't believe that the prep would be much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Guys are lucky- they look good with both, depending. Women with hair is a bit weird. Reminds us all that evolution is REAL.
    There were men getting treatments too, trying to look all purty and perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Ack, I totally typoed your name, aries, sorry.

Posting while sleepy: never smart.
    LOL no worries. Hey, what's in your avatar?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I spent/wasted a shitload of money on laser removal for my face and neck and I was required to shave before each appointment. I've not tried it on the body - I would probably need about $10 K worth to clear up all the hair thanks to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - but I can't believe that the prep would be much different.
    Huh. Maybe things have changed. I was told that I had to have the hair a certain length for the laser to spot it.

^ really? no i had to shave it too lobes b/c it gets it's bulb so don't pluck anything otherwise that bulb won't have gotten zapped!

Bienvenue au club!

I've always waxed, never shaved. Regrowth is lighter, softer, no ingrowns. Wait a day or two and then take a soft washcloth in the shower with some soap and gently exfoliate the area. That gets rid of any hidden wax or little hairs. You'll be amazed at how week 5 (depending), you may see some growth, but it's nothing.
    same here. i can't even imagine having a blade anywhere near my bits. i'd be terrified of cutting myself.
    waxing is great. i don't do brazilians though, the lady i go to leaves a little triangular patch on top and just waxes everything else.
    i also get my legs waxed. the only thing i shave is my armpits.
    i'm definitely considering laser though. i'm sick of being hairy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information