Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Brazilian wax - just did it

Witchcurl may know them..my first modified brazilian was at J. Sisters. 7 Brazilian sisters own the salon. These women do NOT like any hair on the body.

They wanted to do my lower back above my butt (just some baby fine hair), all of it down there and all over my stomach (again the normal baby fine hair). I said no way and found a lovely waxing lady in the salon who listened to me. If you're in NY, see Italia at J. Sisters.

Weird thing is that they will wax you within an inch of your life, but they don't believe in eyebrow waxing due to pulling the skin.

What did you pay Aries?

For just Brazilian, it would have been $60 for me today. The pricing for a Brazilian starts at $30, and then they go up from there depending on how much work there is to do. I was a *lot* of work, and I tipped well.

I had gotten a look at the back my hairy thighs (I never saw the back of my thighs while naked, in a yoga position, under bright light - THAT was a shock how hairy I was), and asked for that to be waxed too. She did both thighs completely including the knee for $25.

I got a 20% discount for the whole thing (which would have been $85) as a first-timer Brazilian.
    Last edited by ariesallover; March 24th, 2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Sorry, my English skills were waxed out of my body.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ yuck! i've had those before on my crotch!!! and i bled them they were so ugly!
    you and me both baby. I had on on my armpit too, tho I accidentally shaved the damn thing off...no deoderant on THAT pit for over a week while it healed. The crotch tag I had lasered off, very exciting.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Witchcurl may know them..my first modified brazilian was at J. Sisters. 7 Brazilian sisters own the salon. These women do NOT like any hair on the body.

They wanted to do my lower back above my butt (just some baby fine hair), all of it down there and all over my stomach (again the normal baby fine hair). I said no way and found a lovely waxing lady in the salon who listened to me. If you're in NY, see Italia at J. Sisters.

Weird thing is that they will wax you within an inch of your life, but they don't believe in eyebrow waxing due to pulling the skin.

What did you pay Aries?
    J Sisters is famous for wax. What a world we live in

I used to go there, then another salon later on. I now do it myself at home. I must be a sadist and a masochist
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

fuck waxing seriously! its painful as torture and gets you no where; it looks nice for about a week to 2 weeks; go w/ the lazor or just nair the shit if you're too light haired to lazor b/c honestly if you are then you're lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    For just Brazilian, it would be $60. The pricing starts at $30, and then they go up from there depending on how much work there is to do. I was a *lot* of work, and I tipped well. Then I got a look at the back my my thighs, and asked for that too. She did both thighs completely including the knee for $25. I got a 20% discount as a first-timer Brazilian.
    That's what I do too. Doing the thigh back, front and knee is great and it won't grow back for 7 weeks. I never wax below the knee. Talk about a waste of money. That's where it grows back immediately on me.

Poor Dixie and Alice!

You do it yourself Witch? What a woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    That's what I do too. Doing the thigh back, front and knee is great and it won't grow back for 7 weeks. I never wax below the knee. Talk about a waste of money. That's where it grows back immediately on me.
    Sounds like me - that's gonna be my plan of attack. I wound up with very sensitive, very Irish, white as Caspar skin with jet black, thick body hair. It was traumatizing as a kid; I now shave it off everyday on my arms. I had my face done with electrolysis. Now I'm dealing with below the waist. I think razors are the way to go for my skin for the knee down.

witch, how long did it take for you to get good at it? Do you use a kit on the market?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    Sounds like me - that's gonna be my plan of attack. I wound up with very sensitive, very Irish, white as Caspar skin with jet black, thick body hair. It was traumatizing as a kid; I now shave it off everyday on my arms. I had my face done with electrolysis. Now I'm dealing with below the waist. I think razors are the way to go for my skin for the knee down.

witch, how long did it take for you to get good at it? Do you use a kit on the market?
    It took a few tries. I use professional stuff. GiGi Brazilian wax, it works well. I get it at the beauty supply store. No strips, I found that to be easier. Although all the years I had it done it always was done with strips. I just find it easier to rip the stripless wax off myself.

I started out doing my own face and it just sort of went from there. Now funnily, I do a lot of my friends- but not their bikinis...
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ok, I want to wax it all off down there...but I'm terrified.

Ladies, be honest. HOW BAD IS IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Not nearly as bad as I thought, and I am both sensitive and way hairy (she grunted once during pulling and had to do it two-handed). The roughest part for me was the feeling of how hot the wax was, so I asked her to lower the temp. It's more the apprehension of the riiiiip, which is worse than the real thing.

i tried waxing myself and honestly i kept hesitating and it just didn't work. it was a total disaster. i want to get it done professionally but i wait until i have a man worth it. at the moment just trimming it all down is enough for myself...

note to self: find a man so i can have someone to share my baldness with.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    note to self: find a man so i can have someone to share my baldness with.
    You know that's gonna be a sig for someone.

Well, that's encouraging actually Aries, thanks. How long does it take to recover? And err...how long before you're ready to be presentable/touchable down there?

As far as men go...just see the LOOK on the Mister's face would be priceless.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Take heart, arieslover, the first time is always the worst.

I have very resilient hair and was shaving for years, so the first time hurt like a bitch. Nowadays, it's a lot more bearable-still not my idea of fun, but I'm chattering away with my waxer through it, and barely wince most of the time.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Member

Has anyone ever used an electric razor to shave it all off? I use one for the bikini line but I'm afraid of the regrowth bumps and itchiness if I shave off more than that!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information