Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite winter perfumes/colognes

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I like it in summer, but find it a little light for a winter scent. It's a gorgeous scent, tho.
    Very Irresistible arrived. I love it. You're right about how light it is - surprising.

i just bought stella mccartney's stella in two peony.
    it's some kind of concept perfume and you're supposed to buy that, and the one called amber which comes in a solid form, and wear them together but i tried them in the shop and i much prefer the scent of peony on its own. i'm not usually into very floral perfumes but this one is heavenly. floral but also spicy/peppery. the original stella is quite lovely too but somehow not me.
    Stella McCartney's Stella In Two | Stella McCartney, Stella In Two Perfume | FabSugar - Fashion & Style.

also, it's not just a winter perfume. i think this one could be worn year round.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

in the winter evenings i wear chanel allure madamoiselle. its def an evening scent as it's a bit heavy, but fades to heavenly.
    but for everyday any day, i wear gucci envy me. i'm obsessed.

chanel no5 always reminds me of my mom and sitting on her bathroom counter watching her get ready as a child.

my winter/evening perfume of choice lately is Chanel Allure Sensuelle (sp?) it's a teeny bit heavy so only one spray is enough but settles nicely.
    for every day/ any day i wear Gucci Envy Me. my absolute favorite scent on me. been wearing it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I like the old scent, Lauren by Ralph Lauren for winter.
    i have that, and love it! i also like Anais Anais.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I love anais anais on other people but it smells like something nasty that got burnt on me... (wft?) - I like the Stella McCartney Two Peony to Sputnik but I didn't realise about all the other bits - thanks for the info....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I tried a sample of Fracas by Robert Piguet and the stuff is gorgeous. I don't know that I have it in me to spend $95 on a bottle of perfume, tho.

Fracas used to be my scent for years, then I got hooked on Annick Goutal.

I just tried Miss Dior Cherie. Does anyone know it? It's sweet like fruits with some flowers, but very light. Scent is a difficult thing for me. If I like it, I'll try it in the store and if I like it before I shower the next morning then I'll like it.

I also count on a compliment from others. I always got many compliments on Fracas and Goutal L'eau Hadrien (grapefruity and fresh).

It's so rare that I buy new cologne, I'd like to have a new scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Fracas used to be my scent for years, then I got hooked on Annick Goutal.
    I did break down and buy the Fracas perfume. It's expensive, but I can't keep myself from wearing it all the time - I love it. I'll probably have to go for the 3.4 oz eau de parfum spray next time, because I'll probably go through .25 ounces way too fast. The bottle is pretty, so I'll hold on to that.

I may try some of these other perfumes you've mentioned, since you liked Fracas - as long as they don't have patchouli and aren't spicy.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Fracas used to be 25 dollars! (but you know I'm 75) It does last a long time though.

I like a fresh scent with grapefruit, light flowers, mostly citrusy. No spice, nothing woodsy or food like. I used to love Chanel 19, that was very fresh. Maybe I'll revisit it.

Annick Goutal's Honeysuckle (Chevrefeuille) is nice too.

If you can find it, try Antonia's Flowers. Nobody wears it and it's really pretty. I think Neiman's has it.

Antonia's Flowers - Products: Antonia's Flowers

Fracas used to be 25 dollars! (but you know I'm 75)
    Nonsense!

I wish it was still $25, tho.

I like a fresh scent with grapefruit, light flowers, mostly citrusy. No spice, nothing woodsy or food like. I used to love Chanel 19, that was very fresh. Maybe I'll revisit it.

If you can find it, try Antonia's Flowers. Nobody wears it and it's really pretty. I think Neiman's has it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like citrusy and floral sents, too, so I'm going to look into these. I know several women that like Chanel No. 19, but I've always shied away from it, because I've been told it's a very "green" scent and those don't always work for me - it's very hit or miss. I may sample it the next time I'm at a perfume counter.
    Last edited by Laurent; March 23rd, 2008 at 10:00 AM.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Fracas used to be 25 dollars! (but you know I'm 75) It does last a long time though.

I didn't know! And it doesn't come across, either!

There are some great new scents out there that you might like. I was in a local dept store at Xmas looking for something for the Mr & got completely sidetracked! I do recommend that you try some of the new ones if you like light & fresh. (there seems to be a number about, at least over here)
    I used to only wear Chanel Crystal - but it never lasted long as I have a very acidic skin... Happy hunting tho!
    Free Charmed.

My absolute favorite for winter is Escada Magnetism.

I can't even begin to describe it. It's definitely a winter scent, it's slightly heavier, but oddly, it's not as overpowering and doesn't give you a headache like some of the Escada summer scents. It really makes me feel warm and happy.

I wore it last winter and I had other women always complementing it and asking what it was. Several other women even purchased it!

Another favorite is Vanilla Oil from the Body Shop... I love being all rugged up and warm with a dab of that on my neck...

Oh, I just had to add this! My mother received Tendre Poison by Christian Dior for her birthday a few years ago. Oh, did that smell so fantastic on her. I couldn't pull it off. But it lasted such a long time, a little was enough and it was very inviting. I must buy a new bottle for Mothers day.
    Last edited by Folieadeux; March 27th, 2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Have big mouth syndrome today
    ssabmud

^^ have you tried Amorito by Body Shop? It smells like chocolate on me.....
    Free Charmed.

I'm currently in love with Clinique's Aromatics Elixir. It's waaaay too heavy for the current weather, but next winter, I plan to start wearing it.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    ^^ have you tried Amorito by Body Shop? It smells like chocolate on me.....
    Yes! Yes! Yes! It so does smell like chocolate! There is no Body Shop store here, so I ordered the Vanilla Oil from and Amorito from ebay! I must say, I made great choices!

Unfortunately I have a very hard time trying to track down the Amorito now, do you know if the Body Shop are still producing it? Another Body Shop favorite of mine is the Brazil Nut Body Butter, that smelt divine when I wore Amorito with it!
    ssabmud

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information