Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fashion's invisible woman. Fashion for size 14 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    When they're on the internets? Seriously, can you see me???

Try being short and solid. Options are limited. There's always that fun oxymoron, petite plus sizes. Bastards.
    I laugh at the "petite" plus size label too. I'm average height for a woman at 5'5 but plus sized and need to buy the petite length pants. "Regular" length plus size pants have about 7 inches too much for me. They must think cause you're fat, you're also 6 foot tall.

I also hate buying shoes in a plus size store. I have an average width foot (I think) and the shoes in those stores just flop around my foot.

My sister wears a 4 at barely 5 foot and 100 pounds. She has very little in the way of curves. Her clothes in comparison to mine look like they'd fit a toddler.

I guess it all depends where you shop. The Avenue is the only plus size store I know of that carry ALL wide width shoes.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

But I wear a size 14 and have an inside leg measurement of 34" - its impossible for me to buy trousers that are long enough! And I'm only 5'8"!!!
    Free Charmed.

Gold Member

My boobs are too big! Those puppies are throwing my top half in a size 14 and my bottom half is in a 12. I'm 5 foot 4 with a 30 inch or so inseam. One place I've found some nice things is a home sales company called CAbi. Carol Anderson worked for Nordstoms and now designs this exclusive line. Everything comes in longer lengths that you can have hemmed, you can try everything on and then you order what you like. For me the stuff is borderline pricey so I don't have too much (for now, lol).
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I guess it all depends where you shop. The Avenue is the only plus size store I know of that carry ALL wide width shoes.
    I tried their shoes, Torrid and some other places. All flop around my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by mklady View Post
    My boobs are too big! Those puppies are throwing my top half in a size 14 and my bottom half is in a 12. I'm 5 foot 4 with a 30 inch or so inseam. One place I've found some nice things is a home sales company called CAbi. Carol Anderson worked for Nordstoms and now designs this exclusive line. Everything comes in longer lengths that you can have hemmed, you can try everything on and then you order what you like. For me the stuff is borderline pricey so I don't have too much (for now, lol).
    Hey! THanks for that - I buy a lot of US clothes because I find them cut longer & they have better styles in larger sizes (go figure!).

I noticed today that I've lost some weight from my girls... I'm loosing it off everywhere but had managed not to loose any from there so far But heck, if I go to a C cup, I can buy prettier undies, so I'm still a winner!
    Free Charmed.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    But I wear a size 14 and have an inside leg measurement of 34" - its impossible for me to buy trousers that are long enough! And I'm only 5'8"!!!
    I don't like you! I'm tall but don't have long legs

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    I don't like you! I'm tall but don't have long legs
    LOL! Don't worry - you cant see them through the shadow my arse casts!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by mklady View Post
    One place I've found some nice things is a home sales company called CAbi. Carol Anderson worked for Nordstoms and now designs this exclusive line. Everything comes in longer lengths that you can have hemmed, you can try everything on and then you order what you like. For me the stuff is borderline pricey so I don't have too much (for now, lol).
    That's really interesting! Where/how do you buy the clothing? And it is all hemmed for you automatically, or do you have to pay extra?

Gold Member

^^^^They come to you and do a "trunk show" for you and your friends. You have to get the stuff hemmed yourself but some of the pants, the material is weird. You can cut it straight with scissors and it's fine, they have an unfinished edge as the style.

They also have the "Walk of Shame" skirt that I love so much. Reversible skirt with an extra long, spandex/cotton waist band, you can pull it up as a dress, change the length of the skirt by adjusting the waist band and when I wear it, I pull the band all the way up so it holds my muffin top still.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information