Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fashion's invisible woman. Fashion for size 14 and up.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

People are big and people are small. You know what I really fucking hate? Vanity sizing. I hate buying something that the size chart says should fit me and find out it is made for someone who has about 20 lbs. on me. Look at the size chart for David Meister at Neiman Marcus (unless they fixed that shit because I pitched a fucking fit) and look at the size chart for David Meister at Nordstrom (which is correct). BTW David Meister does do a plus size line. I think there is plenty out there for plus sized people; stop shopping by number and try the shit on you would be amazed how big that size 0 really is.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

there needs to be a STANDARD SIZE CHART. Vanity sizing is fucking absurd.. even if it's not vanity sizing, manufacturers vary wildly and it makes it hard to find clothes that fit.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I agree that they should do away with vanity sizing altogether, especially with online shopping. If someone is a size 4, they should be able to assume that most size 4s will fit them, regardless of the designer. The only purpose for vanity sizing is so that heavyset women with self esteem issues will purchase a designer whose sizes tell them that they're smaller than they actually are. It's not fair to the rest of us.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    People are big and people are small. You know what I really fucking hate? Vanity sizing. I hate buying something that the size chart says should fit me and find out it is made for someone who has about 20 lbs. on me. Look at the size chart for David Meister at Neiman Marcus (unless they fixed that shit because I pitched a fucking fit) and look at the size chart for David Meister at Nordstrom (which is correct). BTW David Meister does do a plus size line. I think there is plenty out there for plus sized people; stop shopping by number and try the shit on you would be amazed how big that size 0 really is.
    Why would you hate that? It'd be a joy to find the size I want is too big

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I love trying on cloths and the size I think I am is to big, then I step on the scale and I'm not happy anymore. The scale doesn't lie, but these fucking fashion designers and their vanity sizing trickery does!!! It does suck when you order on line and it doesn't fit at all. There should be one size chart, it would make everything so much easier.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

When I'm not familiar with the brand, I find I have to bring 3 sizes of a dress or pair of pants into the dressing room because who knows what's going to fit. If somebody asked me my size, not sure what to tell them.

on a sidenote, when are fat chicks EVER invisible?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    If somebody asked me my size, not sure what to tell them.
    I'd tell them it's none of their business!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I hate it because it's practically dishonest and a major inconvenience. I ordered a David Meister dress (god I loved that dress) online from Neiman Marcus based on their size chart and when I got it I was swimming in the dress; an inch is an inch. I was even more pissed when the woman at Neiman Marcus talked to me like I was an idiot because I used their size chart... what the fuck? I spent the rest of the day stomping through The Galleria and I get to Nordstrom and see the same fucking dress on sale... argh!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't fucking matter because the dress didn't fit. I guess it was correct because the dress did fit a 24 inch waist but it could accomodate a 30 inch waist as well. Shopping is very frustrating for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    on a sidenote, when are fat chicks EVER invisible?
    So bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    I have a total entitlement issue - I expect to be able to find affordable clothing to fit my extra-large derriere. "High end" does not equal affordable. And what is affordable is either hideous or unproportioned. You ever tried on a shirt where the arms holes sag to your waist? Or has a pattern that would have even been shunned during the disco era?

I don't think it's asking too much to be able to walk into any store that sells clothing and find something that 1) fits and 2) doesn't make me look or feel like a 2nd class citizen.

If clothing makers can go the extra distance to ensure our toddlers have their own line of hooker wear, I don't see why they can't extend themselves to cloth the average woman.
    Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    the reason Walmart is #1, is because the plus sized clothes are affordable, compared to say, Lane Bryant. That doesnt mean they have nicer clothes, its just crappier clothes that people can afford.
    Lane Bryant is so hella expensive, it blows my mind. Even for just basics, its ridiculous. And their clothing is pretty ugly. For a plus-sized store, they sure have zero insight into flattering clothing. Everything is a variation of the tent dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    An American 14, though, which is a British 18 by most accounts. Here a 14 is generally considered the very beginning of the plus sizes, and I think it's reasonable. I barely need a 14 now, and I'm nowhere near what I consider slim or in my best shape, not to mention five months pregnant. I'd have to consider it a plus size, if just.
    The "average" UK woman user to be a UK 16 (US12?) but i think it might have changed.
    Our "trendy" clothes tend to stop around a UK14 - a US 10; so no difference there.
    I'm surprised that your H&Ms don't carry bigger sizes, in the UK they have a great range for the "larger" ladies. And a full range too - smart, casual, trendy, etc.

I have quite a few US clothes because they fit - not just in "size" but also in height and length. I find english clothes to short (in the waist-hip; leg, back, etc)
    Free Charmed.

I've seen plus size women on What Not to Wear go to Lee Lee's Valise in New York. Lee Lee's Valise Plus Size Boutique

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Well said!

Lane Bryant is so hella expensive, it blows my mind. Even for just basics, its ridiculous. And their clothing is pretty ugly. For a plus-sized store, they sure have zero insight into flattering clothing. Everything is a variation of the tent dress.
    If you look at other plus size stores, they are all expensive. LB usually have nice dresses, but if I need something black tie, different... I shop here.
    Plus Size All Dresses - Sexy Plus Size Clothing, Dresses and Work Wear by IGIGI
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    You know what I really fucking hate? Vanity sizing. I hate buying something that the size chart says should fit me and find out it is made for someone who has about 20 lbs. on me.
    Ditto! Vanity sizing is of the devil and I hate it almost as much as I hate stretch in jeans. I don't need to be coddled by a number on a tag!

I think there is plenty out there for plus sized people; stop shopping by number and try the shit on you would be amazed how big that size 0 really is.
    Yeah, it sort of cracks me up when people moan about the "size 0 skinny trend" when a size 0 of today was a size 8 way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    I've seen plus size women on What Not to Wear go to Lee Lee's Valise in New York. Lee Lee's Valise Plus Size Boutique
    Lee Lee has lost her damn mind!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information