Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: False eyelashes

The last time I wore eyelashes my eyes were irritaed and red for a loong time, it looked like I had pink eye ( sick!!!). I took them off and my eyelids felt gross and sticky until I washed my eye makeup off. And to make it worse this was on my bf's birthday.

Just a few quick questions on false individual lashes-

* Are you suppose to cut/trim them and if so what is the best technique and what type of scissors can i use?

* Are you suppose to take off before you go to bed or can you keep them on for a few days at a time?

I know these a pretty obvious questions but i confused because everyone says something different
    Last edited by sharon_b; December 22nd, 2007 at 03:21 PM.

I'd take them off before bed and wash off any glue or other eye-makeup. It's better to go to bed clean and not let bacteria accumulate around the eyes. I'm not sure the glue would last overnight through sleeping anyhow. Is there a glue out there that's so super-strength that it will adhere the lashes for a few days?

Bronze Member

Theres an great online store Welcome to May's where i buy my
    eyelashes they have many different colors to choose from. the brand gi & gary is very light and can feel like your own lashes and very stylish perfect for everyday use 10 in each box famous for bridal make up also. there are other brands also but gi & is a favourite for me

People I've bought them!!!! The best investment ever!!!!!!!!!!

I'm joking but yes, I'm very happy and I like them a lot!
    I bought them at a Sephora store - not expensive at all, 9 euros -, they're black, thick but very very light like a feather, and they get longer on the outside.
    Being so light they only need a very thin line of glue, and applying them is not difficult at all, a beautician in the store showed me how to do it with a pair of tweezers.
    The glue is white and I don't know what colour it becomes once it dries, but it's not visible at all.
    They might have irritated my eyes a little bit, but I get some light pinkeye from time to time anyway so I don't count.

I love them! They REALLY make a difference and REALLY add something to the eye without looking drag queenish!!!

Thanks for all your advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
    * Are you suppose to cut/trim them and if so what is the best technique and what type of scissors can i use?
    I really wouldn't say so, all of those I have seen are ready to wear the way they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
    * Are you suppose to take off before you go to bed or can you keep them on for a few days at a time?
    I'm sure it's best if you take them off and clean your eyes every night, just like regular makeup. Putting them on and off is so quick and easy anyway that it's really not worth sleeping with them.

Thanks for you help, much appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information